View Poll Results: Flawed but fixable or UK-style upheaval?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flawed but fixable

    13 100.00%
  • UK-style upheaval

    0 0%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 145
Thanks Tree133Thanks

Thread: So we can vote for a flawed but fixable system or vote for UK-style upheaval

  1. #1
    Bump to Troll Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    40,548
    Thanks
    20916

    From
    NC

    So we can vote for a flawed but fixable system or vote for UK-style upheaval

    Upheaval that might take 20-30 years to sort out.

    So which are we going to do? And remember, supporting anything other than a candidate who can beat Trump is a vote for upheaval.

    What's your rationale?
    Last edited by Davocrat; 27th June 2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13 and cable2

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,761
    Thanks
    9554

    From
    SoCal
    Well, the conditions you stipulate pretty much means Clinton. That's cool.

    It's no secret I have issues with Hillary in a number of areas but they don't rise to the level that I wouldn't vote at all or vote 3rd party.

    My imperative is to stop Trump.
    Thanks from Davocrat, Babba and TennesseeRain

  3. #3
    Bump to Troll Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    40,548
    Thanks
    20916

    From
    NC
    Market's down another 200+ points today, after Friday's drop. Can you imagine the morning after Trump?
    Thanks from ARMCX1, NightSwimmer, Babba and 2 others

  4. #4
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    77,434
    Thanks
    19386

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    Market's down another 200+ points today, after Friday's drop. Can you imagine the morning after Trump?
    Can we ever. Stocks: Dow ends down 313 points after Obama win

  5. #5
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,079
    Thanks
    3037

    From
    MI
    We are flawed. I am not convinced we are fixable at this point. The whole establishment needs to be changed. The power structure needs to be changed. The law needs to be followed. The people need to rise up.

    The thought of upheaval makes me nervous, but I don't see how a Hillary win starts the process of any change at all.

    I may be on the side of upheaval.

    Of course I opposed the bailout a while back too, I would have rather we crashed and built up from the ground up and solidified our foundation. We didn't do that. Our foundation now is shakier than ever,
    Thanks from Kontrary and bajisima

  6. #6
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    77,434
    Thanks
    19386

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by metheron View Post
    We are flawed. I am not convinced we are fixable at this point. The whole establishment needs to be changed. The power structure needs to be changed. The law needs to be followed. The people need to rise up.

    The thought of upheaval makes me nervous, but I don't see how a Hillary win starts the process of any change at all.

    I may be on the side of upheaval.

    Of course I opposed the bailout a while back too, I would have rather we crashed and built up from the ground up and solidified our foundation. We didn't do that. Our foundation now is shakier than ever,
    I basically agree with that. Problem is that neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton are the person to lead the change we need.
    Thanks from metheron, Kontrary and bajisima

  7. #7
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17,527
    Thanks
    15132

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    Market's down another 200+ points today, after Friday's drop. Can you imagine the morning after Trump?
    It's all a matter of whether or not you need a nanny state, when you are reasonable afloat financially, you can see upsets like this Brexit vote coming, so you invest in bonds, move funds out of high risk, into slow growth,

    And you hold a cash reserve so you can now can buy blue chip stocks that are teetering; you are in a symbiotic mode in this way, you are helping the blue chips to gain strength and you are buying at an affordable rate;

    Saw this crap coming a year ago, and not only did I do the above, I did something else; bought land.

    To me, it's a matter of how disillusioned you want to be, based on your "viewpoint" of government and what it does.

    Regards
    Pace
    Thanks from metheron

  8. #8
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,079
    Thanks
    3037

    From
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I basically agree with that. Problem is that neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton are the person to lead the change we need.
    Agree.

  9. #9
    Bump to Troll Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    40,548
    Thanks
    20916

    From
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by metheron View Post
    We are flawed. I am not convinced we are fixable at this point. The whole establishment needs to be changed. The power structure needs to be changed. The law needs to be followed. The people need to rise up.

    The thought of upheaval makes me nervous, but I don't see how a Hillary win starts the process of any change at all.

    I may be on the side of upheaval.

    Of course I opposed the bailout a while back too, I would have rather we crashed and built up from the ground up and solidified our foundation. We didn't do that. Our foundation now is shakier than ever,
    A Clinton administration can be your piņata. Mine too. I'm sure Sanders will take some swings. A Trump administration will be like hitting a six-foot Jello mold, as far as getting any response.

    If you're under 50, healthy and have your kids' college lined up, go for it. I'm not.
    Thanks from metheron, Babba, Blueneck and 2 others

  10. #10
    Bump to Troll Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    40,548
    Thanks
    20916

    From
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    It's all a matter of whether or not you need a nanny state, when you are reasonable afloat financially, you can see upsets like this Brexit vote coming, so you invest in bonds, move funds out of high risk, into slow growth,

    And you hold a cash reserve so you can now can buy blue chip stocks that are teetering; you are in a symbiotic mode in this way, you are helping the blue chips to gain strength and you are buying at an affordable rate;

    Saw this crap coming a year ago, and not only did I do the above, I did something else; bought land.

    To me, it's a matter of how disillusioned you want to be, based on your "viewpoint" of government and what it does.

    Regards
    Pace

    Yeah, that's reasonable advice, but you can do that with a classic Democratic administration in power. Your options narrow in no-condidence land. But I take your point about doing this NOW, not after the deluge.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOL!! Trump kids can't vote for DAD in NY--they didn't register to vote!
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12th April 2016, 06:35 PM
  2. In Chicago a vote for a republican is a vote for a democrat.
    By Snikitz in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th October 2014, 05:56 AM
  3. Poll considers the electoral college vote instead of popular vote
    By Angel of Dearth in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18th June 2011, 12:16 PM
  5. CBO's flawed system
    By j mac in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th January 2011, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed