View Poll Results: Should HR5824 be made law ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 20.00%
  • No

    8 80.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
Thanks Tree45Thanks

Thread: Should HR5824 Be Made Law ?

  1. #11
    Miss Mock Out jackalope's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51,139
    Thanks
    13047

    From
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Should HR5824 Be Made Law ? "

    * Under Mining Despot Mind Influences *

    https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/h...14hr5824ih.pdf

    No Saudi money for American mosques | TheHill

    What would be the compelling interest that would allow Congress to limit foreign expenditures on religious proselytizing or promotion?


    Citizens United may stand in the Representatives way:
    Elections, Money and the Limits of Constitutional Logic
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #12
    Miss Mock Out jackalope's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51,139
    Thanks
    13047

    From
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    [B]...

    - Surah (Chapter) 9. At Taubah

    9:111 Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, so they kill and are killed. [It is] a true promise [binding] upon Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment.

    That chapter/verse is unsettling. I wonder if the date of 9/11/01 had anything to do with that?
    Thanks from Monk-Eye

  3. #13
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    33,343
    Thanks
    19048

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Should HR5824 Be Made Law ? "

    * Under Mining Despot Mind Influences *

    https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/h...14hr5824ih.pdf

    No Saudi money for American mosques | TheHill
    Well, yeah, one way to overthrow a despot would be to secretly mine underneath his palace, and then blow the place up, or just let it collapse into the hole

    Good plan.

  4. #14
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    6524

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===
    Who gets to decide what countries do not support religious freedom? Sounds like a very subjective condition to write into a law.

    I thought that Congress was to make no venture into religion? Seems I read that in the first amendment.....or something?
    Thanks from StanStill

  5. #15
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    30,691
    Thanks
    26048

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Who gets to decide what countries do not support religious freedom? Sounds like a very subjective condition to write into a law.

    I thought that Congress was to make no venture into religion? Seems I read that in the first amendment.....or something?
    Almost sounds as if Congress would have to determine [establish] what is a religion. This is clearly an end around the Constitution in the hopes to block Muslim countries from establishing Mosques here in the US.

  6. #16
    Polemicist Supremum Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    398

    From
    Yesod

    Abating Motivations Debasing Sound Constitution

    " Abating Motivations Debasing Sound Constitution "

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    What would be the compelling interest that would allow Congress to limit foreign expenditures on religious proselytizing or promotion?
    * Faulting Foreign Contributions From Contemptuous Creed *

    Sinister Saudis Solicit Sedition Sponsor Stupidity Socialize Subversion Sour Sanity S

    Should global policy secure US first amendment forms in constitutions of allies ?

  7. #17
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    6524

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Almost sounds as if Congress would have to determine [establish] what is a religion. This is clearly an end around the Constitution in the hopes to block Muslim countries from establishing Mosques here in the US.
    We should definitely NOT get into being thought police. I don't care if there's a mosque on every corner, to me, America is still the land of the free.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Snikitz's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,627
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Should HR5824 Be Made Law ? "

    * Under Mining Despot Mind Influences *

    https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/h...14hr5824ih.pdf

    No Saudi money for American mosques | TheHill
    Absolutely.

    The U.S. Routinely penalizes nations with poor human rights records or that is involved in active oppression of minority groups.
    Thanks from Monk-Eye

  9. #19
    Polemicist Supremum Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    398

    From
    Yesod

    Ideological Stupor

    " Ideological Stupor "

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    We should definitely NOT get into being thought police. I don't care if there's a mosque on every corner, to me, America is still the land of the free.
    * Ridiculous Double Standard *

    So , we should not be the thought police , we should simply pander to their whims , sure , got it .

    With a mosque on every corner , one can forget about a land of the free .

    The qurayn does not apply outside of hejaz , see antinomianism , legal positivism and the pretentious , pompous , piety of fictional ishaelism i slam fat head stupidity .

  10. #20
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    6524

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===

    "Redundant use of quotation marks"

    "Redundant use of quotation marks"

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Ideological Stupor "

    * Ridiculous Double Standard *

    So , we should not be the thought police , we should simply pander to their whims , sure , got it .

    With a mosque on every corner , one can forget about a land of the free .

    The qurayn does not apply outside of hejaz , see antinomianism , legal positivism and the pretentious , pompous , piety of fictional ishaelism i slam fat head stupidity .
    *My eyes hurt from reading this crap*

    You're dead wrong, let the people make up their minds of what they want -- quit telling me what I can do, I'm a big boy, I'll decide. Freedom of religion is a guaranteed right. Don't mess with it. The Constitution is fine just how it is.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 31st December 2016 at 02:55 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Made in the USA!!
    By Blueneck in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 20th May 2011, 12:08 PM
  2. How could the UN be made better?
    By katiegrrl0 in forum Economics
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 11th May 2010, 11:40 PM
  3. Made In the U.S.A..?
    By WhiteKong78 in forum Economics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th March 2008, 08:03 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed