View Poll Results: Should any President be above our laws?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 11.11%
  • No.

    16 88.89%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98
Thanks Tree27Thanks

Thread: Should any President be above our laws?

  1. #11
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,900
    Thanks
    9262

    From
    By the wall
    Yes they should be.

    We have an impeachment process to remove them but they cannot effectively do their job if they might be held accountable for any nefarious acts they may have to undertake for the welfare of the nation.

    This is why they get (presumably) automatic pardons.

    Its a fact that there may be times when a president has to break laws for the greater good but none of them would ever consider those options if they will face charges for doing it.

    The security of the nation must always come first.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    30,473
    Thanks
    6447

    From
    Walking the Fine Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Translation: Presidents should not be above the law.

    Why didn't you vote that way?
    Are you a partisan hypocrite?
    I didn't vote, at all. My point is that Executive Immunity was a great thing to you Democrats when it kept Bill Clinton in power. Democrats are hypocrites.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    Thanks
    9541

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Yes they should be.

    We have an impeachment process to remove them but they cannot effectively do their job if they might be held accountable for any nefarious acts they may have to undertake for the welfare of the nation.

    This is why they get (presumably) automatic pardons.

    Its a fact that there may be times when a president has to break laws for the greater good but none of them would ever consider those options if they will face charges for doing it.

    The security of the nation must always come first.
    I guessed which Trumpanzee would be voting yes and...I nailed it! Only Spookycolt would say something this ignorant and then try to explain it. Hahahahaha

    No president is above the law, Trump just thinks he is.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    Thanks
    9541

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    I didn't vote, at all. My point is that Executive Immunity was a great thing to you Democrats when it kept Bill Clinton in power. Democrats are hypocrites.
    Funny coming from you.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks
    565

    From
    Maryland USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Fascinating that no Trumpsters dare show their face and vote in this thread.

    Let's hear the argument that Presidents should be above the law........I dare you.
    (we all know that they think only Republican presidents should be above the law....so let's hear someone defend that position)
    Based on the nature of the discussions on this site, I dare say that I would be considered a Trumpster by many. I specifically stated that no President should be above the law. But consistently, they should have the assumption of innocence until actual evidence of wrong doing is found. Is that not proper as well.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,385
    Thanks
    16691

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Yes they should be.

    We have an impeachment process to remove them but they cannot effectively do their job if they might be held accountable for any nefarious acts they may have to undertake for the welfare of the nation.

    This is why they get (presumably) automatic pardons.

    Its a fact that there may be times when a president has to break laws for the greater good but none of them would ever consider those options if they will face charges for doing it.

    The security of the nation must always come first.
    Translation: This country can't be run effectively unless we let criminal run it.
    No wonder you vote Republican.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  7. #17
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,900
    Thanks
    9262

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    I guessed which Trumpanzee would be voting yes and...I nailed it! Only Spookycolt would say something this ignorant and then try to explain it. Hahahahaha

    No president is above the law, Trump just thinks he is.
    It depends what the reason is.

    Was Lincoln above the law when he locked up thousands of political opponents with no trial?

    Do you think he should have been prosecuted for that?

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,385
    Thanks
    16691

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    Based on the nature of the discussions on this site, I dare say that I would be considered a Trumpster by many. I specifically stated that no President should be above the law. But consistently, they should have the assumption of innocence until actual evidence of wrong doing is found. Is that not proper as well.
    Of course they should be afforded every constitutional right we all have....however they shouldn't be immune from punishment for crimes they commit.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  9. #19
    Senior Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    Thanks
    9541

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    It depends what the reason is.

    Was Lincoln above the law when he locked up thousands of political opponents with no trial?

    Do you think he should have been prosecuted for that?
    You are willing to go back to Civil War to deflect away from your Orange God? You are slipping. You usually fuck a thread up much faster than this.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    30,473
    Thanks
    6447

    From
    Walking the Fine Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    Funny coming from you.
    Really? Do you believe that Bill Clinton should have been above the law? He admitted to lying under oath. That's perjury. He couldn't be charged because he was a sitting president at the time. But that's different.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 26th February 2017, 02:52 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29th January 2012, 06:04 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 4th March 2011, 04:36 AM
  4. Gun laws
    By Conservative15 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16th August 2009, 12:40 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed