View Poll Results: Is Ohio's Opioid Problem a Terrorist Attack?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • It certainly could be a domestic or foreign terrorist attack.

    0 0%
  • Absolutely not. Drugs should be legal. It's their body.

    1 14.29%
  • I don't know.

    0 0%
  • I don't care

    1 14.29%
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    5 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
Thanks Tree27Thanks

Thread: Is Ohio's Opioid Problem a Terrorist Attack?

  1. #11
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73,514
    Thanks
    37443

    From
    becoming more and more
    can't really declare pushers terrorist without declaring the doctors that prescribe these pills terrorist too. Not to mention who ever it is that's getting rich off of their distribution.
    Thanks from MaryAnne and Madeline

  2. #12
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,029
    Thanks
    22531

    From
    Vulcan
    Fascinating that no one has, as of this post, voted in the poll yet.

  3. #13
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73,514
    Thanks
    37443

    From
    becoming more and more
    some people don't like public polls.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    42,422
    Thanks
    30378

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    can't really declare pushers terrorist without declaring the doctors that prescribe these pills terrorist too. Not to mention who ever it is that's getting rich off of their distribution.
    The Drug companies,the Pharmacies and Doctors are all to blame.along with the pushers and dealers.
    Thanks from the watchman and Madeline

  5. #15
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,903
    Thanks
    3124

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    This article is an interesting look at Ohio's opioid problem. Could it be a terrorist attack whether domestic or foreign?
    Who wrote that op-ed in the, as Trump calls it, fake news WP?

  6. #16
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,406
    Thanks
    8406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    The Drug companies,the Pharmacies and Doctors are all to blame.along with the pushers and dealers.
    I think the person who swallows 8-10 pills a day, watching their life crumble around them is partly to blame as well. There has to be some accountability. I am sure, during sober moments, a person has a moment of clarity when they lose their job, neglect their children and start losing teeth, something is wrong.
    Thanks from bajisima and MaryAnne

  7. #17
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40,235
    Thanks
    23717

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    I think the person who swallows 8-10 pills a day, watching their life crumble around them is partly to blame as well. There has to be some accountability. I am sure, during sober moments, a person has a moment of clarity when they lose their job, neglect their children and start losing teeth, something is wrong.
    We went through this with a friend. They do realize it. But they are so down and out they wont help themselves. People go out of their way to try to get help, rehab and what not and they come out and start all over. Its true that they have to want to fix it or it wont work. Some stay high because being sober reminds them of their lack of money, job whatever. Its tragic.
    Thanks from HCProf

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6606

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by OHjulie View Post
    Who wrote that op-ed in the, as Trump calls it, fake news WP?
    Are you saying that The Washington Post is not a credible source? This is an opinion piece. Could the opioid epidemic be a terrorist attack, either domestic or foreign? It's killed more people than 9-11 did. I think that it is an interesting point of view.

  9. #19
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,029
    Thanks
    22531

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Could the opioid epidemic be a terrorist attack, either domestic or foreign? It's killed more people than 9-11 did.
    I do not think so. Drunk drivers kill more per year than 9/11 did in a few minutes, but that is not a terrorist attack. I mean, if there was evidence that terrorists were actually trying to spread such an epidemic, then maybe...
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6606

    From
    A Month Away
    You may be right, it may not be a terrorist attack. But as I read the opinion piece in the OP, I thought about it, and it would be a hell of a weapon to use.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terror Attack in Ohio
    By John T Ford in forum Current Events
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 19th February 2016, 05:46 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 5th November 2013, 09:00 AM
  3. Terrorist Attack Today?
    By Devil505 in forum Warfare
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23rd November 2010, 02:33 PM
  4. Terrorist attack in Hormuz
    By JayGatz in forum World Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th August 2010, 09:01 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed