View Poll Results: If Trump is convicted of crimes should he serve time in prison?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 54.55%
  • No.

    4 36.36%
  • Unsure

    1 9.09%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
Thanks Tree14Thanks

Thread: If Trump is convicted of crimes should he serve time in prison?

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,407
    Thanks
    17398

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If Trump were to be impeached, say for obstruction of justice for example, it would be best to simply leave it there. A trial would be a huge circus, would detract attention from real problems facing the nation. Moreover, Trump would no doubt be pardoned by President Pence anyway.

    If, by some unusual turn of events, he were to wind up in prison, his supporters would call him a political prisoner and would rally behind another populist with crazy ideas, and perhaps be able to elect that person president.

    No, I have no ill will for Donald Trump. I wish the electorate hadn't been so foolish as to have elected him president, but what's done is done. He won the election, even if it was "rigged" as he repeatedly said it was. Let him go back to building skyscrapers in Russia and hosting reality TV. He was pretty good at that, after all.
    Pence could not pardon him for state crimes and I think it imperative that future Presidents realize they are not above the law.

    If Nixon had gone to prison I doubt following presidents would have committed crimes in office.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,485
    Thanks
    6160

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Whether state (beyond presidential pardon power) or federal.
    I put unsure. I would need to understand what crimes we are talking about.
    Thanks from Devil505

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,939
    Thanks
    32174

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Pence could not pardon him for state crimes and I think it imperative that future Presidents realize they are not above the law.
    More making shit up for the sake of pretending that talking about the second step in the process is legit.

    If Nixon had gone to prison I doubt following presidents would have committed crimes in office.
    Hard to know. We DO know the if Nixon had gone to jail, that would have harmed the Office of the President into the future, no matter who occupied it.

    Why not at least wait until he's charged with articles of impeachment before speculating about comparisons with Nixon?
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,407
    Thanks
    17398

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    That's a bullshit answer. You can say "if" about anything. It's still childish bullshit, unworthy of a poster here (and certainly of a former LE officer).

    Again, should you go to jail for your many heinous crimes?

    The problem here is that your thread points out the weakness of your position. You can't talk anymore about whether Trump is GUILTY of any crime because we've run out of publicly identified evidence. So, to keep the anti-Trump vitriol going, you want to talk about his possible punishment.

    It's childish bullshit. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to see in Breitbart. When I see someone on my side doing shit like that, I'm calling it out.
    We simply disagree Rass.
    I, however, am not attacking you personally for your opinion and I think the only one being childish here is you.

    I posted the poll to get an idea of the mood of the public should Trump be convicted of crimes.
    You think that is so far-fetched as to be not worthy a discussion and I simply disagree.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,939
    Thanks
    32174

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I posted the poll to get an idea of the mood of the public should Trump be convicted of crimes.
    I disagree, mostly because the present mood is of no consequence--the mood would undoubtedly change if he WERE convicted, so what we think now is immaterial to that question.

    I think you were trying to figure out a way to make another "let's all show how much we hate Trump" thread despite a lack of new stuff to talk about. This is what you came up with.

    Try this thought experiment: What would you have thought if a conservative poster created a thread four years ago about the possible punishment of Barak Obama for occupying an office he KNEW he was not qualified for--because he was born in Kenya? Would you have considered that legitimate? Of course not. And yet you post this crap.
    Last edited by Rasselas; 3rd September 2017 at 07:56 AM.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,407
    Thanks
    17398

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Why not at least wait until he's charged with articles of impeachment before speculating about comparisons with Nixon?
    Why not discuss it now?

    I spent a lifetime in fedral LE and have a feel for how prosecutors think and act.
    Mueller has a strong case...imo... and he's only working hard to make it ironclad.

    Assuming he's not fired or that Trump doesn't resign first.....I think it more likely than not that indictments will be handed down and probably against Trump personally.

    Mueller has the NY AG working with him to undoubtedly prepare state charges which would be beyond the reach of a Pence pardon.
    Sad state of affairs that Presidents are allowed to pardon their co-conspirators in federal cases.
    Last edited by Devil505; 3rd September 2017 at 08:04 AM.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,407
    Thanks
    17398

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    I disagree, mostly because the present mood is of no consequence--the mood would undoubtedly change if he WERE convicted, so what we think now is immaterial to that question.

    I think you were trying to figure out a way to make another "let's all show how much we hate Trump" thread despite a lack of new stuff to talk about. This is what you came up with.

    Try this thought experiment: What would you have thought if a conservative poster created a thread four years ago about the possible punishment of Barak Obama for occupying an office he KNEW he was not qualified for--because he was born in Kenya? Would you have considered that legitimate? Of course not. And yet you post this crap.
    Now you're getting silly.
    There was no credible evidence that Obama was born in Kenya but there's plenty of credible evidence that Trump and his campaign committed actual crimes.
    Last edited by Devil505; 3rd September 2017 at 08:07 AM.

  8. #28
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,213
    Thanks
    4618

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Pence could not pardon him for state crimes and I think it imperative that future Presidents realize they are not above the law.

    If Nixon had gone to prison I doubt following presidents would have committed crimes in office.
    I'd be willing to bet Clinton would still have lied under oath about his sexual pecadillos. Maybe had he not been married to a strong woman, he would have come clean, but he was more afraid of Hillary than of the law at that point in time.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,485
    Thanks
    6160

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Now you're getting silly.
    There was no credible evidence that Obama was born in Kenya but there's plenty of evidence that Trump and his campaign committed actual crimes.
    What crimes?

  10. #30
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,939
    Thanks
    32174

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Why not discuss it now?
    See my post #25. Edited.

    I spent a lifetime in cereal LE and have a feel for how prosecutors think and act.
    Mueller has a strong case...imo... and he's only working hard to my it ironclad.
    You have no idea how strong or weak Mueller's case is, because you haven't seen it. We certainly have no idea about his case against TRUMP.

    Assuming he's not fired or that Trump doesn't resign first.....I think it more likely than not that indictments will be handed down and probably against Trump personally.
    You think lots of stuff. I think you're a pedophile. Should you go to jail for it?
    Last edited by Rasselas; 3rd September 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 29th December 2014, 08:34 AM
  2. Convicted criminal says he’s too morbidly obese for prison
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th March 2014, 08:21 AM
  3. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 26th November 2013, 08:58 AM
  4. Convicted Fort Hood killer Hasan forcibly shaved in prison
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 5th September 2013, 05:28 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24th May 2012, 07:20 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed