Members banned from this thread: Slartibartfast


View Poll Results: Is Trump behind many of the sexual allegations in the news recently?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 38.89%
  • No.

    9 50.00%
  • Maybe

    2 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
Thanks Tree20Thanks

Thread: Is Trump behind many of the sexual allegations in the news recently?

  1. #11
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,216
    Thanks
    3344

    From
    EU. Hang Vlad Tepes from the Kremlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    It's notions like this that continue to minimize the strength and courage people require to come forward about sexual assault and abuse.

    I understand that people don't like Trump, I'm not much of a fan either - but these types of notions (women ask for it, it's a deflection from Trump's shortcomings, it's a lib/con plot) are just evidence of how many people (older men primarily) don't understand how those notions can further the pain of victims and sideline any path to justice.

    Right now the flood gates are opened and we should address these issues directly and not waste time side-lining these with ass-equals-mouth politics.
    No one is saying a peep about all the twiddling Eastwood has done over the decades. 'Cause he's a stout Republican.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,673
    Thanks
    20583

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    The timing of it sure was weird but I don't know. It would take someone pointing this out for me to make that assumption. Could be that that high profile cases like Cosby was encouraging to these women who very bravely came forward. I do not believe everyone of them, not to say that any are lying, but some of these claims are much easier to verify.
    Cosby was the first snow from this avalanche to fall. Then Trump, then OREILLY AND AISLES. I hope this is glacial movement now. Women have had ENOUGH. I hope they SWAMP both chambers of Congress next year.

    You go girls!!
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 10th December 2017 at 10:11 PM.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,817
    Thanks
    32690

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I think it's naive to expect there will not be false claims intended to rearrange the political landscape. Most likely by conservatives, as it seems clear that false or not, these claims don't detail the careers of anyone who isn't at least vulnerable to liberal condemnation.

    I think it's too soon to pop the cork on the champagne and declare that women are going to be safer at work now that the Twitterverse has been activated. I predict some will, others won't....and the total quantum of justice will not increase.

    So....massive manipulation is almost guaranteed, but I don't think Trump himself has the wits to make it work.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  4. #14
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,745
    Thanks
    36276

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I think it's naive to expect there will not be false claims intended to rearrange the political landscape. Most likely by conservatives, as it seems clear that false or not, these claims don't detail the careers of anyone who isn't at least vulnerable to liberal condemnation.

    I think it's too soon to pop the cork on the champagne and declare that women are going to be safer at work now that the Twitterverse has been activated. I predict some will, others won't....and the total quantum of justice will not increase.

    So....massive manipulation is almost guaranteed, but I don't think Trump himself has the wits to make it work.
    Trump doesn’t,I agree. But the manipulators behind Trump are well known for their dirty tricks.

    Roger Stone has made a life long bag of dirty tricks,including Leeann Tweedon.
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #15
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,666
    Thanks
    11226

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'm sure of it.
    He feels it dilutes his pedophilia and crimes.
    So Trump is responsible for outing all of these sexual predators and encouraging women to stand up to their fears and take these vile men down?

    That is a huge win for Trump then isn't it?

    He single handedely brought the perversion of Hollywood and politics to its knees.

    Can we Saint Him yet?

  6. #16
    Trust Dusty Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45,765
    Thanks
    27495

    From
    Deep State
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'm sure of it.
    He feels it dilutes his pedophilia and crimes.
    I voted "maybe," because I'm not sure he's smart enough.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,817
    Thanks
    32690

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    So Trump is responsible for outing all of these sexual predators and encouraging women to stand up to their fears and take these vile men down?

    That is a huge win for Trump then isn't it?

    He single handedely brought the perversion of Hollywood and politics to its knees.

    Can we Saint Him yet?
    There is a transitory but powerful national interest in the miseries of sexual harrassment, yes.

    Not sure who we have to thank for it.

    I'm confident it will not last. Not at this fever pitch, anyway.

  8. #18
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,587
    Thanks
    11839

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    So Trump is responsible for outing all of these sexual predators and encouraging women to stand up to their fears and take these vile men down?

    That is a huge win for Trump then isn't it?

    He single handedely brought the perversion of Hollywood and politics to its knees.

    Can we Saint Him yet?
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,817
    Thanks
    32690

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Everyone has a contribution to make. Trump's is to serve as a bad example.

    "Look, boys and girls. This is the sort of thing you should never say, to anybody."

  10. #20
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,488
    Thanks
    3738

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Clinton outed Hyde when the heat was on. Yes, it's not something that was indigenous to Republicans.
    The difference is the allegations against Hyde were true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All these allegations of sexual misconduct
    By Ian Jeffrey in forum Current Events
    Replies: 306
    Last Post: 1st December 2017, 08:14 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th November 2017, 04:50 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th October 2016, 09:22 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th October 2016, 01:02 PM
  5. New Allegations of Trump Sexual Assault
    By Lunchboxxy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th October 2016, 03:15 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed