View Poll Results: What would make you stop supporting Trump?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elimination of DACA

    0 0%
  • Mexico wall doubles in price

    0 0%
  • Press can be sued for using unnamed sources

    0 0%
  • All abortion illegal

    0 0%
  • Civil Rights Act rescinded

    0 0%
  • Trump says the N-word in a closed door meeting with congresspeople

    0 0%
  • Trump announces single payer national health insurance for all

    0 0%
  • President loses paternity suit

    0 0%
  • Trump shoots a guy

    0 0%
  • Records prove Trump paid for three abortions since 1975

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
Thanks Tree30Thanks

Thread: Where do you draw the line on Trump?

  1. #11
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,803
    Thanks
    32895

    From
    Border Fence
    Oviously immigration is not a game changer for Trump supporters.

    He has already flip-flopped on most of his promises.

    Gone is deportation of 11 million
    He loves DACA

    When the Wall gets murdered in Congress Donald will blame Schumer and His supporters will trip along happy.

    Trump supporters will lie to you that deportation of all them and building of the wall was not the reason they voted for the Donald.
    Last edited by DebateDrone; 24th January 2018 at 12:53 AM.

  2. #12
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    69,102
    Thanks
    51323

    From
    So. Md.
    Trump announces single payer national health insurance for all might, possibly, cause him to lose a little support. But none of the other things would.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Trump announces single payer national health insurance for all might, possibly, cause him to lose a little support. But none of the other things would.
    If he did that, would he get your support?

  4. #14
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,803
    Thanks
    32895

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    If he did that, would he get your support?
    It is much more that just mouthing the words. Now it time to follow through.

    One should not get credit for being for something...it should still be doing something.

  5. #15
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27979

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    If he did that, would he get your support?
    If he did that, he would be living up the the silver lining I said his presidency might have.

    I have often said that if he followed through on his past progressive ideas, he might pull the far right back toward the center because they would suddenly decide that these things made sense again. The right used to accept a lot of progressive ideas ... but between the "moral majority" and the need to oppose centrist Democrats, they pushed themselves way out on a limb. And it would be a good thing if Trump would honor his own past claims and bring the right back from the edge on things like healthcare and investment in infrastructure.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    It is much more that just mouthing the words. Now it time to follow through.

    One should not get credit for being for something...it should still be doing something.
    Okay, so when President Obama signed the executive action allowing the transgender to serve in the military BUT it was to take place in the future after he was out of office was that something that he should get credit for? He didn't actually allow them to join the service.

  7. #17
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,848
    Thanks
    11485

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    If he did that, would he get your support?
    He'd get mine. The thing is, I think he'd get 80+% of republican support too. Not the ones in office—just voters—the majority of whom already support the idea.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    He'd get mine. The thing is, I think he'd get 80+% of republican support too. Not the ones in office—just voters—the majority of whom already support the idea.
    Do you know what would happen if we got socialized medicine in this country? We'd quickly have a two tiered system. Those that can afford it would have concierge healthcare, the rest would wait in line.

  9. #19
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,848
    Thanks
    11485

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Do you know what would happen if we got socialized medicine in this country? We'd quickly have a two tiered system. Those that can afford it would have concierge healthcare, the rest would wait in line.
    We already have that now, except it's 3 tiers. Those who have the money can get concierge service, and those with ordinary insurance like me have to wait in line, and those who can't afford anything at all wait in even longer lines where Medicaid is accepted, or take on enormous debts if they don't qualify for Medicaid coverage.
    Thanks from Babba

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    We already have that now, except it's 3 tiers. Those who have the money can get concierge service, and those with ordinary insurance like me have to wait in line, and those who can't afford anything at all wait in even longer lines where Medicaid is accepted, or take on enormous debts if they don't qualify for Medicaid coverage.
    And yet, you want socialized medicine?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Aides Kelly, Miller Draw Fire for Shutdown Fight
    By HayJenn in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23rd January 2018, 04:38 PM
  2. Trump comments on London attack draw rebuke from United Kingdom
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 15th September 2017, 07:42 PM
  3. GOP elite line up behind Trump
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 21st May 2016, 04:13 AM
  4. Trump v. Hillary: The Bottom Line
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 7th May 2016, 12:05 PM
  5. Salt Lake City Mayor: Draw Your Line In the Sand
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th November 2007, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed