View Poll Results: Why do you believe Donald Trump?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • He has a long life history of being an honest broker?

    2 100.00%
  • It was his Obama birther comments that made you feel he was honest?

    0 0%
  • He just sounds like an honest dude?

    0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
Thanks Tree44Thanks

Thread: Why do you believe Trump - If you do?

  1. #21
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    11,249
    Thanks
    7719

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    My voting records are permanently sealed.

    But, you are welcome to speculate all you want.
    While I appreciate you blessing my speculative efforts after the fact, I didn't wait for your all-to-kind gesture.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28,251
    Thanks
    7184

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    While I appreciate you blessing my speculative efforts after the fact, I didn't wait for your all-to-kind gesture.
    Ah, but it was my great pleasure to provide it.

    No thanks needed...

  3. #23
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,684
    Thanks
    18285

    From
    Missouri
    I don’t.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, BigLeRoy and KnotaFrayed

  4. #24
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,546
    Thanks
    32257

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    I don’t.
    Likewise. My general inclination is to disbelieve anything Donald Trump says, unless I am provided with positive proof that he is telling the truth, because such instances seem about as rare as a hen's tooth or a blue moon.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,208
    Thanks
    22072

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Mallard Fillmore?

    Here's the all time champion presidential lie:

    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
    And that was such a horrendous lie.....no man has ever done that .

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,837
    Thanks
    37395

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    They all lie.
    False equivalence. They don't all lie all the same amount or all the same way or for all the same motivations. That's muddying the waters.
    Thanks from Panzareta, KnotaFrayed and BigLeRoy

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28,251
    Thanks
    7184

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    And that was such a horrendous lie.....no man has ever done that .
    No PRESIDENT has ever done that, while staring into the camera and talking to the American people.

    The best part was him shaking his "finger of sincerity" at us, just so we'd know he was telling the truth.

    And, it's the most famous presidential lie in the history of presidential lies.

    If only she wouldn't have saved the "evidence".

    If only...

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28,251
    Thanks
    7184

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    False equivalence. They don't all lie all the same amount or all the same way or for all the same motivations. That's muddying the waters.
    They all lie.

    You can't change that fact.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,837
    Thanks
    37395

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    They all lie.

    You can't change that fact.
    So? There's no reason to go on repeating myself when I've already discredited your argument and you have nothing new.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and KnotaFrayed

  10. #30
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,501
    Thanks
    13088

    From
    Here
    Amazing that only one person voted in this poll and their response was - "He has a long life history of being an honest broker" as being behind their reason for believing Trump.

    In light of all the evidence there is to the contrary, I would like this person or any other Trump supporter that would answer the same way, to provide all the evidence that would outweigh the evidence that speaks to the opposite about Mr. Trump.

    I addition, how about some relativity with regard to comparisons to evidence of honesty between Mr. Trump and those he (and his supporters) claims are dishonest. Let's look at frequency and sheer numbers, also.

    Anyone can call anyone else a liar or honest.......In the case of Mr. Trump, his own words often beg the question of which of two conflicting "truths" he is claiming, is, in fact, the truth, when both cannot be true, simultaneously. Why, when he does that, would no one question him about it or try to get him to clarify, which of two opposing positions he claims to take at the same time, is the one he would call true and hold himself to it, barring substantial evidence that everyone would agree would allow him to change his position on it.

    When he does things like claim he never knew anything about $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels, then claims it on a form a year late, then still tries to maintain it was about something that did not happen or when he says he doesn't know Putin after saying he does......among all manner of similar things, what makes people believe he is honest and how, in spite of the frequency of such things?

    Trump's "exaggeration" is so well known in his home town and even among his own family members that one might have to be living under a rock to not be aware of it. "Exaggeration" might be OK if you're trying to tell someone about a fish that got away (a story they could never verify) it is another thing to take money, lots of money from people, based on an exaggeration that was fully, NOT credible and could be proven to NOT be credible.
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 9th June 2018 at 11:19 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd March 2018, 05:01 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th January 2017, 03:55 AM
  3. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 18th January 2017, 05:11 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2016, 03:56 PM
  5. I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump
    By labrea in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15th September 2016, 08:14 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed