Members banned from this thread: Spookycolt


View Poll Results: Should there be a limit to how much society spends to extend a life?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no limit to the amount that society is obligated to pay to extend a life.

    5 29.41%
  • There must be a limit to the amount paid by society to delay a person's inevitable demise.

    12 70.59%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 162
Thanks Tree79Thanks

Thread: Should there be a limit on what society should pay to extend a life?

  1. #51
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,131
    Thanks
    9043

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    You are a disingenuous hack to suggest that this is a 'liberal' platform. We currently have a Republican house, Senate AND A FUCKING nutter (R) president. Why haven't they fixed this for you? Because this is a dead issue -- social programs are for republicans and democrats alike. They aren'y going anywhere.
    Waiting for you to answer this @orangecat

  2. #52
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    343

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I disagree -- you care about conservatives, but only when they are useful to you. You kick the people who used to stand up for you to the curb once they have outlived their 'use by date.' How do I know that? I dunno....some useful idiot, liberal ex-friend of yours told me.
    WTF are you talking about? I have no liberal ex-friends here. This is an anonymous website and I've accepted a few friend requests. None of these people actually know me. You have a history of cryptically implying I'm someone else. Stop beating aroung the bush like a puss and just make the accusation already.

  3. #53
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,242
    Thanks
    19383

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, we get it: you do not give a flying fuck or rolling doughnut about other people.
    Lame and bogus. She never said any such thing....
    Thanks from orangecat and MeBelle

  4. #54
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    343

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Waiting for you to answer this @orangecat
    Post #47:
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    I don't expect them to fix it for me. They repealed the individual mandate. I'm perfectly satisfied with just that.
    Thanks from MeBelle

  5. #55
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,762
    Thanks
    11155

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    Some people would burn through that very quickly and our bleeding-heart liberal friends would be right back at their marxist solution trough.
    Well fine then, I absolutely support nothing being done to extend your life. Ian on the other hand, I got your back buddy.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #56
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    343

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I don't like you.

    That's because you can't argue with logic.


  7. #57
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    343

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPorter View Post
    Well fine then, I absolutely support nothing being done to extend your life. Ian on the other hand, I got your back buddy.
    I'm good with that. I might help you if asked nicely.

  8. #58
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,242
    Thanks
    19383

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Interesting topic.

    As medical discoveries/treatments expand exponentially, what is society obligated to provide?? The newest procedures can be breathtakingly expensive.

    Should the standard be that anyone/everyone is offered the latest/greatest technology? Regardless of their age or ability to pay?


    I'm leaning to the no.
    Thanks from orangecat

  9. #59
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,131
    Thanks
    9043

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    WTF are you talking about? I have no liberal ex-friends here. This is an anonymous website and I've accepted a few friend requests. None of these people actually know me. You have a history of cryptically implying I'm someone else. Stop beating aroung the bush like a puss and just make the accusation already.

  10. #60
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    343

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Interesting topic.

    As medical discoveries/treatments expand exponentially, what is society obligated to provide?? The newest procedures can be breathtakingly expensive.

    Should the standard be that anyone/everyone is offered the latest/greatest technology? Regardless of their age or ability to pay?


    I'm leaning to the no.
    It would be impossible to provide unlimited modern medical care to everyone who needs it.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump's Woes Extend Beyond US Borders
    By Frank in forum Current Events
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 25th October 2016, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 16th November 2014, 06:44 PM
  3. Unemployment benefits: To extend or not to?
    By bajisima in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10th December 2013, 05:09 AM
  4. Replies: 402
    Last Post: 15th February 2013, 09:22 AM
  5. Canada may extend Libya mission
    By jackalope in forum World Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st August 2011, 08:41 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed