View Poll Results: Do you believe Trump's rosy numbers on unemployment, jobs etc?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    4 40.00%
  • No

    6 60.00%
  • I take his word

    0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
Thanks Tree36Thanks

Thread: Do you believe Trump's rosy numbers on unemployment, jobs etc?

  1. #21
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,029
    Thanks
    6159

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. labrea,

    In other words, it is irrelevant to the discussion, ergo, an dishonest attempt to change the debate.

    Kinda what you often do, wot?...
    Whether or not you believed the same statistics compiled in the same way by the same entity when we had a different president is relevant to the discussion. It goes to whether you believe that the president manipulated the data or not.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  2. #22
    Junior Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    373

    From
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Whether or not you believed the same statistics compiled in the same way by the same entity when we had a different president is relevant to the discussion. It goes to whether you believe that the president manipulated the data or not.
    Believing, knowing and proving are all different. So without proving and thus knowing, I can't believe.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,791
    Thanks
    3117

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Whether or not you believed the same statistics compiled in the same way by the same entity when we had a different president is relevant to the discussion. It goes to whether you believe that the president manipulated the data or not.
    Mr. Not,

    Please, please, please, please read the thread before making such foolish statements.

    The question is do I believe it when the President says the economy is doing good. My reply was I believe my own eyes, not just what is being trumpeted. Mr. Leroy, as he is wont to do, went off on a tangent, asking about a campaign debate point, ergo, irrelevant to the discussion.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,791
    Thanks
    3117

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    An honest response to your off topic post.
    Ms. Labrea,

    Your asskissing aside, how is that in any way a campaign talking point for 2 years ago relevant to the state of the economy today?
    Thanks from Dittohead not!

  5. #25
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,029
    Thanks
    6159

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Believing, knowing and proving are all different. So without proving and thus knowing, I can't believe.
    I don't believe either of them manipulated the data either.
    Thanks from Wonderer

  6. #26
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,029
    Thanks
    6159

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Not,

    Please, please, please, please read the thread before making such foolish statements.

    The question is do I believe it when the President says the economy is doing good. My reply was I believe my own eyes, not just what is being trumpeted. Mr. Leroy, as he is wont to do, went off on a tangent, asking about a campaign debate point, ergo, irrelevant to the discussion.
    There is nothing foolish nor going off on a tangent to ask whether you believed your president before he was elected when he was saying that the exact same data he now says indicates a healthy economy was misleading and fake.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,791
    Thanks
    3117

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is nothing foolish nor going off on a tangent to ask whether you believed your president before he was elected when he was saying that the exact same data he now says indicates a healthy economy was misleading and fake.
    Mr. Dittohead,

    By definition, it is a tangent, non sequitur, as it were. The discussion is "do you believe the President when he said the economy is doing great" when all indicators show it is. Mr. Leroy went off subject when he asked about a campaign talking point.

  8. #28
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,940
    Thanks
    28106

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Not,

    Please, please, please, please read the thread before making such foolish statements.

    The question is do I believe it when the President says the economy is doing good. My reply was I believe my own eyes, not just what is being trumpeted. Mr. Leroy, as he is wont to do, went off on a tangent, asking about a campaign debate point, ergo, irrelevant to the discussion.
    My question, which was hardly a 'tangent', was whether you believed the economy was doing 'good' back in mid-2016, when most economists would have said it was doing well, but when Mr. Trump said it was doing simply terribly, with a TRUE unemployment rate as high as 40%, worse than the Great Depression.
    Thanks from Dittohead not!

  9. #29
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,029
    Thanks
    6159

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    My question, which was hardly a 'tangent', was whether you believed the economy was doing 'good' back in mid-2016, when most economists would have said it was doing well, but when Mr. Trump said it was doing simply terribly, with a TRUE unemployment rate as high as 40%, worse than the Great Depression.
    Perhaps it was doing "good" back then, but now it's doing well.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  10. #30
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,366
    Thanks
    2840

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I don't for a minute.
    More lies from a conman in charge of conjuring up those numbers.
    AWWW Libs doubting good news? Gee, that's as silly as libs doubting election results they don't want to hear

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10th March 2018, 11:29 AM
  2. Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11th October 2014, 07:58 PM
  3. Unemployment Numbers
    By justoneman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th March 2012, 11:26 AM
  4. unemployment numbers then and now
    By william the wierd in forum Economics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th December 2009, 06:35 AM
  5. New Unemployment Numbers
    By Amit in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 6th November 2009, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed