Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 129
Thanks Tree76Thanks

Thread: IYO, Can An Atheist Please God?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57,785
    Thanks
    33390

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio

    IYO, Can An Atheist Please God?

    I don't see why not. If they live a good life, it's without hope of a reward in the hereafter. Seems praise-worthy to me.

    What say you?
    Thanks from Steam Heat and KnotaFrayed

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30,582
    Thanks
    8001

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I don't see why not. If they live a good life, it's without hope of a reward in the hereafter. Seems praise-worthy to me.

    What say you?
    I think any time one acts out of selflessness or kindness (to use your words) .... it pleases God.

    Regardless of ones understandings or lack there of.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22,535
    Thanks
    9952

    From
    In before the DERP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I think any time one acts out of selflessness or kindness (to use your words) .... it pleases God.

    Regardless of ones understandings or lack there of.
    Where the HELL have you been????
    Thanks from Dr.Gently

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30,582
    Thanks
    8001

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Where the HELL have you been????
    Smoke break ....
    Thanks from Dr.Gently and One

  5. #5
    Junior Member grinder's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,901
    Thanks
    2638

    From
    North of the Big City
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I don't see why not. If they live a good life, it's without hope of a reward in the hereafter. Seems praise-worthy to me.

    What say you?
    WHICH God?

    A, A-a, A’as, Aabit, Aakuluujjusi, Aasith, Aataentsic, Aatxe, Ab Kin Xoc, Aba Khatun Baikal, Abaangui, Abaasy, Abandinus, Abarta, Abeguwo, Abellio, Abeona, Abere, Abgal, Abhijit, Abhijnaraja, Abhimukhi, Abhiyoga, Abonba, Abonsam, Abora...?...

    Gods You Don?t Believe In
    Thanks from Friday13 and cable2

  6. #6
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,729
    Thanks
    3639

    From
    out
    Which atheist? And why do you want God to can him/her?

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57,785
    Thanks
    33390

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder View Post
    WHICH God?

    A, A-a, A’as, Aabit, Aakuluujjusi, Aasith, Aataentsic, Aatxe, Ab Kin Xoc, Aba Khatun Baikal, Abaangui, Abaasy, Abandinus, Abarta, Abeguwo, Abellio, Abeona, Abere, Abgal, Abhijit, Abhijnaraja, Abhimukhi, Abhiyoga, Abonba, Abonsam, Abora...?...

    Gods You Don?t Believe In
    Whichever God you believe in, if any.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57,785
    Thanks
    33390

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    Which atheist? And why do you want God to can him/her?
    I do not understand your post.

  9. #9
    Jen
    Jen is offline
    aka Genevieve Jen's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    610

    From
    USA
    I'm sure an atheist can please God.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence and Madeline

  10. #10
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,729
    Thanks
    3639

    From
    out
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I do not understand your post.
    Let's suppose god exists. How are we supposed to know what is pleasurable to god? Hence the only way I could understand your question, was such that it was directed to god himself, asking him to can (to end the life of) an atheist who I supposed had been mean/bad to you.

    Psst, I was being a tad facetious.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atheist Torture
    By sky writer in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd June 2013, 10:30 AM
  2. Ask an atheist anything ...
    By muffins in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 11th September 2012, 05:39 AM
  3. Would you pray for an atheist
    By Zaragunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 4th December 2010, 07:08 AM
  4. Everyone Is An Atheist
    By TortoiseDream in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd July 2010, 12:33 PM
  5. Grill an Atheist!!!
    By chu chu rocket in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 28th April 2008, 03:34 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed