Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: A Literalist Paradox....

  1. #31
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,522
    Thanks
    9206

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    So how do you come here and violate things like Paul's Epistle to Titus 3:2


    Day after day after day.....and plan on "doing the same stuff the next day".....and still call yourself a "Christian"?
    I don't violate anything.

    This is a debate forum, we are here to argue points. If you take things personally that is your problem, I am not burdened with that, in fact I laugh most often at some of the stuff that is posted here.

  2. #32
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    29,414
    Thanks
    27534

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Nope, being saved is not a get out of jail free card.

    God knows what's in your heart and if you are sincere or not.

    You can ask for forgiveness but if you are planning on doing the same stuff the next day then God has already walked away from you so don't even bother.

    So then, the blood sacrifice of Christ was inadequate, and you are in the process of earning your salvation via good behavior on your part?

    If that's the case, then why did God allow his only begotten son to be killed in the first place?

  3. #33
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,522
    Thanks
    9206

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    So then, the blood sacrifice of Christ was inadequate, and you are in the process of earning your salvation via good behavior on your part?

    If that's the case, then why did God allow his only begotten son to be killed in the first place?
    The blood of Christ is adequate, the only way actually, however you can't just do whatever you want and receive that gift, you have to want it which requires following the word of god to the best of your abilities.

    A man cannot go out and rape a woman and say "fuck it, I'll just pray tonight and god will forgive me", it doesn't work like that.

    Seriously, this is like early bible school stuff that even children can grasp.

  4. #34
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    29,414
    Thanks
    27534

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    The blood of Christ is adequate, the only way actually, however you can't just do whatever you want and receive that gift, you have to want it which requires following the word of god to the best of your abilities.
    If something must be earned, then by definition, it is not a gift.

  5. #35
    Senior Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,216
    Thanks
    1968

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    If something must be earned, then by definition, it is not a gift.
    It's earned by not rejecting it...

  6. #36
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    794

    From
    California
    Jesus or God could have told us somethings that would have been very useful. For instance, he could have told us about germ theory. Or he could simply have made all the germs disappear, why did he create cancer for instance? The Bible tells us nothing that was not already known at the time. No new information was presented. No science, no tales of unknown lands or continents, no explanations of gravity or the speed of light, nothing about tectonics or genetics, no hints on how to make a printing press or microscope, no mention of electricity or where the Sun goes at night, no mention of the globe itself or that dinosaurs once roamed the land. Nope, he said very little that could not have been said by just about anyone alive at the time.

  7. #37
    Senior Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,216
    Thanks
    1968

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Jesus or God could have told us somethings that would have been very useful. For instance, he could have told us about germ theory. Or he could simply have made all the germs disappear, why did he create cancer for instance? The Bible tells us nothing that was not already known at the time. No new information was presented. No science, no tales of unknown lands or continents, no explanations of gravity or the speed of light, nothing about tectonics or genetics, no hints on how to make a printing press or microscope, no mention of electricity or where the Sun goes at night, no mention of the globe itself or that dinosaurs once roamed the land. Nope, he said very little that could not have been said by just about anyone alive at the time.
    Let's say god did, would the people of thousands of years ago been able to conceive of what was given to them?

    Similarly, let's say I gave you all the raw materials (lithium, other metals, plastic ingredients, etc) required and the drawings for how it fits together... how long before you could make a working iPhone?

  8. #38
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,522
    Thanks
    9206

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Jesus or God could have told us somethings that would have been very useful. For instance, he could have told us about germ theory. Or he could simply have made all the germs disappear, why did he create cancer for instance? The Bible tells us nothing that was not already known at the time. No new information was presented. No science, no tales of unknown lands or continents, no explanations of gravity or the speed of light, nothing about tectonics or genetics, no hints on how to make a printing press or microscope, no mention of electricity or where the Sun goes at night, no mention of the globe itself or that dinosaurs once roamed the land. Nope, he said very little that could not have been said by just about anyone alive at the time.
    Well remember that while the Bible contains some history it is not a history book.

    It was written for a very specific reason which is salvation.

    The creation of the earth is covered in like one page when the actual history of what took place would probably fill volumes.

    God put the beginning and the end in the Bible for context, not something to focus on. In fact that is how the entire thing is written. Stories that lead up to the point God wants us to understand but to many people focus on the details and not the main point.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Gender Equality Paradox
    By Meursault in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 10th January 2017, 08:56 AM
  2. The Putin Paradox
    By RNG in forum World Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st November 2016, 10:31 AM
  3. Satt's Paradox
    By Xerographica in forum Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th March 2015, 06:43 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th February 2015, 10:23 AM
  5. Washigton loves a paradox
    By Inkslinger in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th January 2011, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed