Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: From a literary stand-point, describe the character of "God" in the book "The Bible"?

  1. #31
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,400
    Thanks
    18337

    From
    america
    Rors, the ONLY thing you "tell me about your faith"....is that you have it.
    --Again. It is neither my problem, that you have severe problems with comprehending any thought or opinion, that is not your own...

    You obviously haven't given it much thought....or maybe are afraid to.
    --You know the reason so many people in these forums call you a "LIAR?" Because you LIE so often. About shit you know absolutely nothing about.

    For instance, if you DON'T believe the Bible is "literally true"...not "real Garden of Eden", no "Noah's Ark and world-wide flood"......then why do you believe the Resurrection of Christ?
    --Because I know Him.

    if you DO believe the Bible is literally true....how do your resolve the contradictions and things that don't add-up?
    --I don't stress on all the things that I do not understand. Don't know if the Bible is "literally" true, or not. I just know that God is true.

    Typically, when these questions come up....you can't answer them, so you simply attack ME for asking the questions and get defensive....again, because you've never given any critical thought...
    --Typically, because you are acting like an ass. Your problem, is that you start getting snarky and insulting, every time you can't understand someone else's opinion, faith, or position, on any given subject.

    I BELIEVE...out of fear. I believe you are AFRAID of your faith being disproved...not by my questions....but by your own self-realization that you can't answer the questions or fear the answers.
    --You are wrong. Again. (Seems to be sort of a habit, these days.)

    Now, a question for you: Why does my faith PISS YOU OFF to such a degree?

  2. #32
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    27,304
    Thanks
    20552

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    ----I don't stress on all the things that I do not understand.

    And YET, any time I raise questions of contradictions in the Bible or in the portrayal of God in it or even dogmatic contradictions in Christianity....

    you get your panties in a wad, get defensive, and claim I'm "trying to destroy your Faith". And nobody is "forcing" you to show up on my threads....are they?


    BTW, your line sounds like "Brady" in "Inherit the Wind"-

    Matthew Harrison Brady: I do not think about things I do not think about.

    Henry Drummond: Do you ever think about things that you do think about?

    Inherit the Wind (1960) - Quotes - IMDb

  3. #33
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    27,304
    Thanks
    20552

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    In the Beginning was the word and the word was with God. He is the Alpha and Omega.
    Would you like to expand on that....and show its relevance to the OP's question????

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,400
    Thanks
    18337

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    How the fuck do you know that? For your little bible tells you so? How fucking sweet.
    Why does @aboutenough's faith piss you off so much?

  5. #35
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    6385

    From
    DCLXVI‎
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Why does @aboutenough's faith piss you off so much?
    Because he has a bad habit of ramming it down everyone's throat.

    And why did you @ him to the thread? Is he going to come scold me now? Shaking in my Converse, i really am...not.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,400
    Thanks
    18337

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    Because he has a bad habit of ramming it down everyone's throat.

    And why did you @ him to the thread? Is he going to come scold me now? Shaking in my Converse, i really am...not.
    How does he "ram it down everyone's throat?"

  7. #37
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    6385

    From
    DCLXVI‎
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    How does he "ram it down everyone's throat?"
    You can't read?

  8. #38
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,400
    Thanks
    18337

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    You can't read?
    I was asking you, specifically.

    You have yet to provide an answer as to what you consider "ramming religion down our throats."

    I am wondering if there is any actual reason behind your rantings.

    (Not for the first time....)

  9. #39
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    6385

    From
    DCLXVI‎
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    --Again. It is neither my problem, that you have severe problems with comprehending any thought or opinion, that is not your own...



    --You know the reason so many people in these forums call you a "LIAR?" Because you LIE so often. About shit you know absolutely nothing about.



    --Because I know Him.



    --I don't stress on all the things that I do not understand. Don't know if the Bible is "literally" true, or not. I just know that God is true.



    --Typically, because you are acting like an ass. Your problem, is that you start getting snarky and insulting, every time you can't understand someone else's opinion, faith, or position, on any given subject.



    --You are wrong. Again. (Seems to be sort of a habit, these days.)

    Now, a question for you: Why does my faith PISS YOU OFF to such a degree?
    Because you know who?

  10. #40
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    6385

    From
    DCLXVI‎
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I was asking you, specifically.

    You have yet to provide an answer as to what you consider "ramming religion down our throats."

    I am wondering if there is any actual reason behind your rantings.

    (Not for the first time....)
    I like hamburgers. I do not want laws saying you must like hamburgers also. Bible thumpers want laws to ensure that they can ram their belief down everyones throat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th December 2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 12:34 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th October 2016, 10:50 AM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 23rd March 2015, 11:02 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31st July 2013, 09:32 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed