Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 286
Thanks Tree95Thanks

Thread: But, he loves you....

  1. #261
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks
    260

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    I have never refused your God's grace, not have I had it offered.

    We are all sinners.

    When did you reject God's grace?

    Regards
    DL
    When you betray your own nature.

    Specifically, when you are foolish enough to think that some sort of secret human knowledge (or gnosis) is capable of saving yourself from yourself.

  2. #262
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks
    260

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    True but the fact that your God always seems to always kill, --- when he could take the moral high ground and cure, --- shows that he is quite sadistic and immoral.

    Or do you think killing is better than curing?

    Regards
    DL
    Again, what part of human nature don't you understand? People get sick and die, either from natural causes or from the actions of other people.

    If you do not get sick or die, you wouldn't be a human being. You would be an inanimate object, merely changing from one form or the other perpetually -- which is what your physical body is destined to anyway, without the grace of god.

    So, what exactly are you blaming god for, hmmm? You cannot live forever outside god's grace -- even if you are in possession of all human knowledge, secret or otherwise. That is your nature.

  3. #263
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks
    260

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Wow. You ignore all the experiments and observation of altruism in the animal world, which is how animals show that they do not lack rational faculties and the ability to exercise free will.

    You might want to get yourself out of your supernatural filled bible, (that is fouling your thinking) and read intelligent books on occasion.

    Regards
    DL
    Really? Animals have rational faculties and free will, eh? If that were so, then animals are capable of choosing their own purpose and destiny -- the minimum requirement of law and morality.

    Why then are animals not subject to the privileges and immunities of the law, hmmmm?

  4. #264
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks
    260

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    ??

    You said God created our friends nature.

    Now why would God create a nature as you describe, unless he was a sadist?
    Because free will is necessary for one to either accept and/or offer love. You can be free of death and moral judgment if you were an inanimate object, but as such, you would be incapable of accepting nor offering love.

    Which option do you think is more sadistic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Many children are born to self-abuse as you describe.

    Why is your God creating such children with such destructive natures?

    Regards
    DL
    Self-abuse is a defect in human nature -- an inability to feel and/or offer love. Whatever a person's defect, I believe as a matter of faith, that there is a purpose to this person's existence, both within himself and as part of a bigger purpose.

    What does your secret gnosis say in relation to self-abusing children, hmmmm?

  5. #265
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    27,353
    Thanks
    20604

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    If it takes you an eternity to realize what would make you happy, sure. It's all up to you.

    How many times do you need to bang your head to a wall to realize it is painful to bang your head to a wall? Do you think that if you bang your head to a wall tomorrow, it wouldn't be painful? Do you imagine a point in time, from now to eternity when banging your head to a wall will not be painful?
    Is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to give a simple "Yes" or "No" answer...even once?

    I asked-

    So (God) designed a system by which "his children" whom he "loves"...COULD end up being tortured for all eternity?
    Thanks from Panzareta

  6. #266
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks
    260

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to give a simple "Yes" or "No" answer...even once?

    I asked-

    So (God) designed a system by which "his children" whom he "loves"...COULD end up being tortured for all eternity?
    I just answered your question with a qualified yes. Did god create you? Yes. Does he torture you for rejecting him? No. Will it take you an eternity to realize what would make you happy according to your own nature? I don't think so, but judging from you inability to understand simple sentences, I'm not entirely sure.

    Your turn.

    Would you prefer to be an inanimate object so that you can never feel pain (nor happiness for that matter)?
    Last edited by kingrat; 21st March 2017 at 10:09 AM.

  7. #267
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    122

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    When you betray your own nature.

    Specifically, when you are foolish enough to think that some sort of secret human knowledge (or gnosis) is capable of saving yourself from yourself.
    There is nothing secret about Gnosis.

    Google away and see.

    You have never seem me speak of anything secret.

    I do note though that you did not answer my question and your red hearing of us being able to go against our natures is just droll.

    Regards
    DL

  8. #268
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    122

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Again, what part of human nature don't you understand? People get sick and die, either from natural causes or from the actions of other people.

    If you do not get sick or die, you wouldn't be a human being. You would be an inanimate object, merely changing from one form or the other perpetually -- which is what your physical body is destined to anyway, without the grace of god.

    So, what exactly are you blaming god for, hmmm? You cannot live forever outside god's grace -- even if you are in possession of all human knowledge, secret or otherwise. That is your nature.
    Again you deflect away from the question posed, showing how inept you are as an apologist.

    Regards
    DL

  9. #269
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    122

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Really? Animals have rational faculties and free will, eh? If that were so, then animals are capable of choosing their own purpose and destiny -- the minimum requirement of law and morality.

    Why then are animals not subject to the privileges and immunities of the law, hmmmm?
    Now you are just being an idiot.

    Animals are not exempt from natural law. If they do not follow their hunger, a natural law, and eat, they die.

    Regards
    DL

  10. #270
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    122

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Because free will is necessary for one to either accept and/or offer love. You can be free of death and moral judgment if you were an inanimate object, but as such, you would be incapable of accepting nor offering love.

    Which option do you think is more sadistic?
    Ask your God?

    Yahweh is shown as denying man all knowledge as all knowledge is subject to good and evil.

    From that we can see that God wanted to deny man his free will.

    Regards
    DL

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who loves trucking?
    By Dangermouse in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed