Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 326
Thanks Tree103Thanks

Thread: But, he loves you....

  1. #31
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    57,728
    Thanks
    10513

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Yeah God always listens and then says to the millions who died of starvation and famine ,"tough shit, I have a football huddle I have to go to"
    Everyone dies so are you suggesting that there is no God because people get sick and die?

    If there was a God you think everyone would live forever huh?

    That is just ridiculous.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,323
    Thanks
    20745

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Well I can't argue that point, it's the main reason I don't attend a church regularly.

    I think I have been blacklisted by all of them in my area because I end up debating with the pastor.

    As for the concept being illogical well so is the Big Bang theory, something just happening for no reason.

    Isn't it more logical to think that something created it rather than it just sprung up one day?

    Let's say someone today get's an empty bottle and puts a cork in it. How long until the nothing in that bottle erupts and forms a new universe with new life?

    Do you see how illogical that sounds?
    No one believes it sprung up in one day, that is what creationism is. This invisible man in the sky went poof and everything came into place. You see the difference is that I I don't know how we began and neither to do you. I wait to learn and you create a myth. The ancient Greeks did that all the time ..they didn't understand how the sun moved in the sky so they created a God who dragged in a chariot. They made up all these wonderful stories to explain what they didn't know. It is the same way a child gets presents on Christmas Day and believes a man in a red suit brought them.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,323
    Thanks
    20745

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Everyone dies so are you suggesting that there is no God because people get sick and die?

    If there was a God you think everyone would live forever huh?

    That is just ridiculous.
    Let's not talk about sickness. If God is omnipotent and can make rain so plants will grow and people will not die of starvation, why does he not do that? Either he is not omnipotent or is just a sadist
    Thanks from HadEnough2

  4. #34
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    57,728
    Thanks
    10513

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    No one believes it sprung up in one day, that is what creationism is. This invisible man in the sky went poof and everything came into place. You see the difference is that I I don't know how we began and neither to do you. I wait to learn and you create a myth. The ancient Greeks did that all the time ..they didn't understand how the sun moved in the sky so they created a God who dragged in a chariot. They made up all these wonderful stories to explain what they didn't know. It is the same way a child gets presents on Christmas Day and believes a man in a red suit brought them.
    If you don't know how it was created then why do you dismiss creationism?

  5. #35
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    57,728
    Thanks
    10513

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Let's not talk about sickness. If God is omnipotent and can make rain so plants will grow and people will not die of starvation, why does he not do that? Either he is not omnipotent or is just a sadist
    What would be the point of Heaven than?

    Sure God could create a bunch of automatons but what purpose would that serve.

    And remember he did start out that way with the garden but humans chose sin

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,323
    Thanks
    20745

    From
    Maryland
    The same I dismissed Santa Claus .. I was told the same thing..someone was watching me all the time, if I was bad I'd get coal if I was good I'd get toys.. (heaven and hell) I can't believe in creationism because I can't suspend logical thinking, thinking . Do you dismiss allah? Do you dismiss Zeus?
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,323
    Thanks
    20745

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    What would be the point of Heaven than?

    Sure God could create a bunch of automatons but what purpose would that serve.

    And remember he did start out that way with the garden but humans chose sin
    So you think the point of heaven is letting millions die of starvation because an all powerful god chooses to make them die in agony? No thank you...

  8. #38
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    57,728
    Thanks
    10513

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    So you think the point of heaven is letting millions die of starvation because an all powerful god chooses to make them die in agony? No thank you...
    Pretty much all death is agony so I fail to see your point.

    You also fail to recognize that our purpose here is not to live happily for a mere 80 years or so, although that would be nice, but it is to prepare for eternity where there will be no suffering.

    Look at it this way, if you are right what will happen? Nothing, you will just blink out of existence so you have lost nothing but if you are wrong look at what you will be missing out on. You also will have free will in heaven so wouldn't rather go there and tell God to fuck off in person if you hate him so much?

  9. #39
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,945
    Thanks
    3689

    From
    East coast USA
    Death by electrocution is probably the most painful. Your muscles all stiffin, and you can feel each wave of the alternating current. You can moan, that's it. Your jaw doesn't work so you cannot form words.

    Electricity will kill you and hurt like hell the entire time till death.
    Hire your local electrican

  10. #40
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,454
    Thanks
    29357

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    If there was a God you think everyone would live forever huh?
    The Bible teaches that death is the wages of sin, and that humans were designed to be immortal. Why don't you believe what the Bible teaches?
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who loves trucking?
    By Dangermouse in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 05:24 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed