Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 326
Thanks Tree103Thanks

Thread: But, he loves you....

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Until proven otherwise...as has been done. Intelligent design is all around us all, every day all day.

    You want to see real faith...believe that a big bang created all this order, created healing, created reproduction...
    So if I tell you that in alien from Mars created this earth with the blue unicorn you will accept until proven otherwise. What about people who believed it was Zeus?
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Science does not seek a "reason" why something happens, so it is illogical to assert that science says the Big Bang happened for no reason. Science asks how, not "why."


    There is no logic that leads to a supernatural supreme being. You need religion for that; science will not get you to such a conclusion.
    I disagree with that.

    Science always looks for reasons.

    In my field I don't just take note of how many people vote one way or the other, I attempt to find the reason why they do.

    Look at global warming, science is looking for reasons why it is happening and they are determining it is caused by humans.

    To say science does not look for reason is illogical.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Creationism is not a scientific theory. It is pure religion.
    You apparently have not heard of creation science, you should look it up.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    What a sadistic god that would let innocent little children die in agony when he could just make rain....no, all death isn't agony. Do you really believe that you were going to float up to heaven and there will be no suffering and you will have nonstop chocolate? How do you suspend logic? It's almost like a child. When you die...it's over!
    I always questioned God and my husband , an atheist said to me "if God is benevolent and there is a heaven would he be so cruel to deny you entrance because you didn't believe he existed?"
    I wouldn't tell God to fuck off, because there is no invisible man in the sky. Do you think he might turn me into a pillar of salt but at least I'll be able to walk on water
    Well that is using the freewill that god gave you.

    It's your choice.

    Anyone you want me to say hello to for ya up there since you apparently will be heading the other direction.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Its in Genesis
    I tend to avoid Genesis and Revelations, there is nothing in them I really need to know.


    Genesis is a boring history lesson and Revelations is so obscure it's impossible to figure out what's going on other than some bad stuff is going down.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6657

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I was just watching George Carlin on YouTube, and he made more sense than any preacher I've ever heard. If "god" loves you so much, how can he send you to Hell for breaking rules there is no way you can't break? Covet your neighbors wife and such...no way can you not break that rule, and many others. If we are his children, then why fuck us up so much in the first place, then hold us to standards that are equally fucked up? Sounds psychotic to me. No wonder religious people are among the most disturbed in society.
    So, by that you mean you do not have control what kind of man you are? is that your point?

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    No. There is nothing scientific in creationism, period. Never can be, never will be. To say otherwise is to deliberately mischaracterize science.


    That is a religious belief, not science.
    The fact that something can come out of nothing makes it scientifically valid.

    What something coming out of nothing does is invalidate the current secular scientific theory because according to science that is impossible.

    Can't be repeated, can't be done, has never been recorded being done ever anywhere else, yet the Bible is filled with it.

  8. #58
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,251
    Thanks
    8528

    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    So if I tell you that in alien from Mars created this earth with the blue unicorn you will accept until proven otherwise. What about people who believed it was Zeus?
    Maybe it was an alien race that seeded Earth, God never says exactly how he did it, and there is no reason to assume he just instantly did it. He could have taken billions of years to do what he did, we have no concept of what time was according to God.

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Well that is using the freewill that god gave you.

    It's your choice.

    Anyone you want me to say hello to for ya up there since you apparently will be heading the other direction.
    Yes those babies dying in Africa because God won't make any rain have free will. They choose to die and In agony. You know those people called in earthquakes and tsunami's are just practicing their free will as they beg God to help them. You are right I will be heading in the other direction probably about 6 feet under and so will you. But look if it keeps you in check the same way children are kept in check by Santa Claus so be it. I don't need a myth for me to be a good person.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    So, by that you mean you do not have control what kind of man you are? is that your point?
    He has total control over what kind of man he is. You need a imaginary big daddy figure to control you
    Thanks from Friday13 and Panzareta

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who loves trucking?
    By Dangermouse in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 05:24 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed