Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 326
Thanks Tree103Thanks

Thread: But, he loves you....

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,698
    Thanks
    20991

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Maybe it was an alien race that seeded Earth, God never says exactly how he did it, and there is no reason to assume he just instantly did it. He could have taken billions of years to do what he did, we have no concept of what time was according to God.
    God did say....he told me. He said he was upset that Zeus was getting too much attention so he made up his own stories.

  2. #62
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,183
    Thanks
    11008

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    God did say....he told me. He said he was upset that Zeus was getting too much attention so he made up his own stories.
    Well you believe in God then, good for you.

  3. #63
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,204
    Thanks
    7415

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You apparently have not heard of creation science, you should look it up.
    An oxymoron. There is no science in the creation myth. The creation theory, in its very essence, is illogical and based on nothing tangible. It's a fairytale, at best.

  4. #64
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,183
    Thanks
    11008

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    An oxymoron. There is no science in the creation myth. The creation theory, in its very essence, is illogical and based on nothing tangible. It's a fairytale, at best.
    Actually if you had ever even looked at creation theory, which you obviously have not in your blind hatred of Christianity you would have seen that it's scientific model has nothing to do with God or religion.

    I know this will be complicated for you but give it a try.

    Definitions of the Creation Model and the Evolution Model

    The scientific model of creation, in summary, includes the scientific evidence for a sudden creation of complex and diversified kinds of life, with systematic gaps persisting between different kinds and with genetic variation occurring within each kind since that time. The scientific model of evolution, in summary, includes the scientific evidence for a gradual emergence of present life kinds over aeons of time, with emergence of complex and diversified kinds of life from simpler kinds and ultimately from nonliving matter. The creation model questions vertical evolution, which is the emergence of complex from simple and change between kinds, but it does not challenge what is often called horizontal evolution or microevolution, which creationists call genetic variation or species or subspecies formation within created kinds.
    Summary of Scientific Evidence for Creation (Part I & II) | The Institute for Creation Research

    So in yours and many other liberals ignorance of science you hear the word creation and think it means god but it doesn't.

    It is simply another scientific theory, one that says creation happened in a rather short period of time rather than over millions of years.

    This theory is also used in evolutionary theory itself in regards to the human species traveling out of Africa and migrating around the world, it challenges that by providing evidence that this early species of man started at multiple points around the globe at the same time.

  5. #65
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,453
    Thanks
    24622

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You apparently have not heard of creation science, you should look it up.
    I'm familiar with it. It is creationism (and thus religion), not science. See Edwards v. Aguillard, 482 U.S. 578 (1987).

  6. #66
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,453
    Thanks
    24622

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I disagree with that.

    Science always looks for reasons.

    In my field I don't just take note of how many people vote one way or the other, I attempt to find the reason why they do.

    Look at global warming, science is looking for reasons why it is happening and they are determining it is caused by humans.

    To say science does not look for reason is illogical.
    Fair enough, from that point of view. But the reasons looked for involve understanding natural phenomena, not supernatural "reasons why" that cannot be investigated or tested.

  7. #67
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,453
    Thanks
    24622

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    The fact that something can come out of nothing makes it scientifically valid.
    No. Creationism involves a supernatural deity, and as such it is not a natural phenomenon that can be investigated and tested in any scientific manner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    What something coming out of nothing does is invalidate the current secular scientific theory because according to science that is impossible.
    Again, no. Science is secular by definition, and there is no such thing as "religious science."

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Can't be repeated, can't be done, has never been recorded being done ever anywhere else, yet the Bible is filled with it.
    The Bible is not a scientific work, and in any case you cannot use the Bible - or any part of it - to prove the Bible is true.
    Thanks from Isalexi and Friday13

  8. #68
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,453
    Thanks
    24622

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Actually if you had ever even looked at creation theory, which you obviously have not in your blind hatred of Christianity you would have seen that it's scientific model has nothing to do with G-d or religion.
    Creationism was Jewish before Xianity got its hands on it. And it is still religion and not science, no matter how many times you assert otherwise.

    Not that there is any problem with having a religion. I do. But religion cannot be conflated with science just because science conflicts with your beliefs. Rather, you need to harmonize your beliefs with known scientific facts.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22628

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You apparently have not heard of creation science, you should look it up.
    "creation science" is like "mythological history"....an oxymoron.

    Young Earth Creationism is DEMONSTRABLY false...even just using astronomy.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  10. #70
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22628

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    ... you would have seen that it's scientific model has nothing to do with God or religion.
    So it's "creation"...but "no Creator"???

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who loves trucking?
    By Dangermouse in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 06:24 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed