Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 326
Thanks Tree103Thanks

Thread: But, he loves you....

  1. #1
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    7348

    From
    Galaxy ZRF

    But, he loves you....

    I was just watching George Carlin on YouTube, and he made more sense than any preacher I've ever heard. If "god" loves you so much, how can he send you to Hell for breaking rules there is no way you can't break? Covet your neighbors wife and such...no way can you not break that rule, and many others. If we are his children, then why fuck us up so much in the first place, then hold us to standards that are equally fucked up? Sounds psychotic to me. No wonder religious people are among the most disturbed in society.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,644
    Thanks
    300

    From
    under a rock near NC / GA
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I was just watching George Carlin on YouTube, and he made more sense than any preacher I've ever heard. If "god" loves you so much, how can he send you to Hell for breaking rules there is no way you can't break? Covet your neighbors wife and such...no way can you not break that rule, and many others. If we are his children, then why fuck us up so much in the first place, then hold us to standards that are equally fucked up? Sounds psychotic to me. No wonder religious people are among the most disturbed in society.
    What do you see as being the alternative?

  3. #3
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    7348

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    What do you see as being the alternative?
    Do away with religion. Tell people "you're going to die. No heaven, no afterlife, you're going to die and that's it". A little truth never hurts.
    Thanks from Isalexi and Friday13

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,342
    Thanks
    29705

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I was just watching George Carlin on YouTube, and he made more sense than any preacher I've ever heard. If "god" loves you so much, how can he send you to Hell for breaking rules there is no way you can't break? Covet your neighbors wife and such...no way can you not break that rule, and many others. If we are his children, then why fuck us up so much in the first place, then hold us to standards that are equally fucked up? Sounds psychotic to me. No wonder religious people are among the most disturbed in society.
    Link? Evidence for the premise that religious people are the most disturbed?

    Christianity is so riddled with internal inconsistencies it's strange to me that this mythology claims more adherents in America than any other....though I think we are approaching a point where most citizens are nonreligious.
    Thanks from HadEnough2

  5. #5
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    7348

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Link? Evidence for the premise that religious people are the most disturbed?

    Christianity is so riddled with internal inconsistencies it's strange to me that this mythology claims more adherents in America than any other....though I think we are approaching a point where most citizens are nonreligious.
    Link? Just read this sub forum. It's loaded with evidence of that claim. Hell, if you want the ultimate "link" just read the Bible itself...there is no need for a third party source to shine the bullshit light on religion, draw your own conclusions.
    Thanks from HadEnough2, Friday13 and RedCloud

  6. #6
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,810
    Thanks
    30342

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Link? Evidence for the premise that religious people are the most disturbed?

    Christianity is so riddled with internal inconsistencies it's strange to me that this mythology claims more adherents in America than any other....though I think we are approaching a point where most citizens are nonreligious.
    We've long passed the point at which most self described "Christians" are nonreligious. Hadn't you noticed?
    Thanks from HadEnough2, Friday13 and RedCloud

  7. #7
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    7348

    From
    Galaxy ZRF

  8. #8
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,247
    Thanks
    3080

    From
    MI
    We are all sinners. God knows this and knows that we can't avoid this. We can believe in the power of God. We can acknowledge our sins and ask for forgiveness of those sins and work on living a more Christian life. We are all works of progress and will be judged on the totality and sincereness of our work. Free will was something he gave us, how we use it is up to us. We make the choice of where we would like to spend eternity by how we live our lives.

  9. #9
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,810
    Thanks
    30342

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by metheron View Post
    We are all sinners. God knows this and knows that we can't avoid this. We can believe in the power of God. We can acknowledge our sins and ask for forgiveness of those sins and work on living a more Christian life. We are all works of progress and will be judged on the totality and sincereness of our work. Free will was something he gave us, how we use it is up to us. We make the choice of where we would like to spend eternity by how we live our lives.
    Not according to the Bible, you don't. According to the Bible, you are saved by grace, and no amount of good behavior can provide your salvation.
    Thanks from Friday13 and EnigmaO01

  10. #10
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    7348

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by metheron View Post
    We are all sinners. God knows this and knows that we can't avoid this. We can believe in the power of God. We can acknowledge our sins and ask for forgiveness of those sins and work on living a more Christian life. We are all works of progress and will be judged on the totality and sincereness of our work. Free will was something he gave us, how we use it is up to us. We make the choice of where we would like to spend eternity by how we live our lives.
    Bullshit. "free will" is a con. Why would you set up rules that can't be followed? No one tells their children "never feel hungry if you haven't eaten for three days". It's not something you have control over. The same rule applies to much of the Bible. We're created imperfect but expected to be perfect. If Chevrolet builds a defect into their engine, do they have a right to be Pissed when the engine fails?

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who loves trucking?
    By Dangermouse in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 06:24 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed