Members banned from this thread: ptif219


Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1377
Thanks Tree258Thanks

Thread: Shoving Religion down our throat

  1. #51
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,304
    Thanks
    6645

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Neither are Christians...that's just the straw man argument being peddled
    Now there is a lie.

  2. #52
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    42,750
    Thanks
    19758

    From
    Depends on what year....
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Christianity if you understood it is about the freedom of religion.
    The history of Xianity - as well as today's political Xians amongst American conservatives - plainly refutes that so-called "fact."

    Oh, right ... that's an alternative fact. Got it.
    Last edited by Ian Jeffrey; 26th January 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13, OldGaffer and boontito

  3. #53
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,825
    Thanks
    2258

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    It's against my religion that anyone should be allowed to feel offended when I criticize their religion.
    So you believe others do not have a RIGHT to be offended.

    PRICELESS. Thank you for the candor, as many have said it is the atheist's that wish to shove their warped beliefs down others throats.

  4. #54
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,304
    Thanks
    6645

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    There is no such animal as a Christian Sharia law.

    In fact Christianity if you understood it is about the freedom of religion...the free practice of any religion...personal choice.
    Bullshit.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I disagree.

    They want removal of Christian statues, they want the removal of merry Christmas, they want god taken off money, the list is quite expansive. As I stated in another thread, every group has the right to push for how they want the nation shaped.

    That is the way the founders laid it out.
    What Christian statues do we want removed? The merry xmas is so stupid perpetuated by fox. Nobody is banned from saying merry Christmas but it is suggested that people in the public say happy holidays because not everyone celebrates Christmas. This is not a country of only Christians. You would be right if we said we don't want prayer in schools but you didn't even include that one, just the ridiculous ones
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They attack crosses and Christians every chance they get
    What the hell are you talking about? Your paranoia is scary ..be afraid, be afraid, be afraid,,,the bogeyman is coming!
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by soupnazi View Post
    The title of this thread would be more accurate if it read WANTING to shove religion down our throat.

    One of the more amusing things about my fellow atheists is when they get all alarmed at christian efforts to attack separation of church and state. The christians typically lose and seldom win anything at all beyond a sticker in a text book which no one reads.

    There is a reason why the great minds of atheism such as Hitchens and Harris warn us of Islam far more than christianity.

    Christianity is little more than a waning embarrassment Islam is a threat
    That's what they said about the Jews....remember? Heil!
    Thanks from Friday13

  8. #58
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,690
    Thanks
    18770

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Liberals feel that only their views, opinions, and agenda are legitimate. ALL OTHERS MUST be rejected, resisted, and, if possible, censored. At any level possible.

    I call this: "Lib Privilege."
    Conservatives feel that only their views and opinions and a gender are legitimate all others must be rejected resisted and a possible censored. At any level possible. I call this right wing privilege
    Thanks from Friday13 and Dangermouse

  9. #59
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,705
    Thanks
    16191

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Show the Christian laws that have been passed
    Try buying alcohol on a Sunday. All the blue laws.

  10. #60
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,705
    Thanks
    16191

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    So you believe others do not have a RIGHT to be offended.

    PRICELESS. Thank you for the candor, as many have said it is the atheist's that wish to shove their warped beliefs down others throats.
    No-one has the right not to be offended. Atheists as a group don't have beliefs, warped or otherwise, they share one specific un-belief.
    Thanks from Isalexi

Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shoving off!
    By CVA62 in forum New Users
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th November 2016, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 17th March 2016, 09:20 PM
  3. Cut-throat business...
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th January 2013, 01:16 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed