Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 127
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Really? I mean, seriously, REALLY?!?!?

  1. #31
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,115
    Thanks
    22059

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Thread derailer maybe, but strawman, nope.
    Here you go btw. How Religion Affects Everyday Life | Pew Research Center

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,905
    Thanks
    17390

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    So you sneer at Christians while touting your own psychic abilities.
    This isn't what you said. You said it tarnishes people who "who truly believe what they say." Exact words. So unless you're a mind reader you have no idea what the faith level of the people you're attacking is.
    So, you're not going to answer the question I asked? I rather knew you would not be willing to have an honest discussion.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,303
    Thanks
    23117

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Isn't that like saying that because sometimes people who follow all the advice their doctor gave them still die of cancer then there's nothing to medical science?
    That argument goes both ways.

  4. #34
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,115
    Thanks
    22059

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    So, you're not going to answer the question I asked? I rather knew you would not be willing to have an honest discussion.
    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Bullshit. Bullshit that you were looking to start an "honest discussion". You were looking to mock other peoples' beliefs and that's all.
    I have no idea who you think is denying that medicine heals people. If someone didn't think it did then they wouldn't take it. Any doctor will tell you that a positive mental attitude is also vital to long term recovery. If peoples' faith gives them that then who are you to question it?

  5. #35
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,905
    Thanks
    17390

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Bullshit. Bullshit that you were looking to start an "honest discussion". You were looking to mock other peoples' beliefs and that's all.
    I have no idea who you think is denying that medicine heals people. If someone didn't think it did then they wouldn't take it. Any doctor will tell you that a positive mental attitude is also vital to long term recovery. If peoples' faith gives them that then who are you to question it?
    You still didn't answer the question. When Christy Christian went to the doctor, received chemo, and destroyed the cancer was it medicine that healed her, or not?
    Last edited by Czernobog; 6th February 2017 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #36
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,115
    Thanks
    22059

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    So, again, God gets credit for every positive thing that people do, instead of actually crediting the people who did those things, while not being held responsible for any of the negative things that people do, and how dare anyone question the rationality of such a position.

    And this is the tyranny of religion.



    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    They are crediting the people who did those things.

    And you still haven't adequately explained how this concerns you in the slightest.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,905
    Thanks
    17390

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    They are crediting the people who did those things.

    And you still haven't adequately explained how this concerns you in the slightest.
    Really? Show me where it said medicine is my healer? I didn't see that? I saw "God is my healer" I must have missed the part where science, and doctors were credited with being the healers. Please show it to me.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,115
    Thanks
    22059

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Really? Show me where it said medicine is my healer? I didn't see that? I saw "God is my healer" I must have missed the part where science, and doctors were credited with being the healers. Please show it to me.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    LMAO. You want to base a discussion of faith on an internet meme? *smh*

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,905
    Thanks
    17390

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    LMAO. You want to base a discussion of faith on an internet meme? *smh*
    I'll accept your concession.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,115
    Thanks
    22059

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    I'll accept your concession.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    You probably should pretend there was one. That's the least embarrassing route for you at this point.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed