Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Spookycolt

Thread: Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to co

  1. #1
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    134

    From
    Canada

    Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to co

    Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

    I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

    We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

    Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

    Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

    Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

    Regards
    DL

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,663
    Thanks
    9229

    From
    By the wall
    Well it wouldn't matter if they were worthy of us or not since we wouldn't have a choice.

    And while the major religions have conducted military action in the past you must be careful not to confuse those with people that use military force in the name of a religion.

    Those are two separate things.

    God and Jesus have both said many times that defending yourself is not an issue and that would include war.

    Since you are just asking about conversion however I would say its rather irrelevant. Maybe some cases of Stockholm Syndrome but I doubt you would get any true conversion from it.
    Thanks from Humorme

  3. #3
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    134

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Well it wouldn't matter if they were worthy of us or not since we wouldn't have a choice.

    And while the major religions have conducted military action in the past you must be careful not to confuse those with people that use military force in the name of a religion.

    Those are two separate things.

    God and Jesus have both said many times that defending yourself is not an issue and that would include war.

    Since you are just asking about conversion however I would say its rather irrelevant. Maybe some cases of Stockholm Syndrome but I doubt you would get any true conversion from it.
    Religions do not care if we truly believe or not. They just want the cash and social control.

    The religious have been the majority forever and for you to try to blame the secular governments while the religious fight for them seems a bit of a cop out.

    Regards
    DL

  4. #4
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,663
    Thanks
    9229

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Religions do not care if we truly believe or not. They just want the cash and social control.

    The religious have been the majority forever and for you to try to blame the secular governments while the religious fight for them seems a bit of a cop out.

    Regards
    DL
    What is a religion?

    I am Christian so am I religion even though I don't want anyone's cash?

    Or do you have to own a church to be considered religion?

    What if me and my neighbor sit down and pray every night, are we now a religion?

  5. #5
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    134

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    What is a religion?

    I am Christian so am I religion even though I don't want anyone's cash?

    Or do you have to own a church to be considered religion?

    What if me and my neighbor sit down and pray every night, are we now a religion?
    If you need the definition of words, get a dictionary.

    To your last, no, just not too intelligent.

    Regards
    DL

  6. #6
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,663
    Thanks
    9229

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    If you need the definition of words, get a dictionary.

    To your last, no, just not too intelligent.

    Regards
    DL
    Very well.

    re·li·gion
    rəˈlijən/
    noun
    noun: religion
    the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

    So since I worship a superhuman controlling power and I do not want anyone's money it debunks this entire thread.

    Sorry

  7. #7
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    134

    From
    Canada
    Sure.

    Regards
    DL

  8. #8
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

    I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

    We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

    Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

    Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

    Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

    Regards
    DL
    You have got it backwards.

    Religion is being used for political ends.

    Make no mistake -- whether you call it a crusade, a jihad or an inquisition, the ultimate purpose is to impose a certain POLITICAL order. It just so happens that a uniform religion makes this task so much easier. It is not so different from the imposition of pax americana.

    Understand?

  9. #9
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    134

    From
    Canada
    I understood that a long time ago.

    Give your ill mannered inflated ego a rest. It is annoying and unbecoming.

    You do not think as well as you think.

    Regards
    DL

  10. #10
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    I understood that a long time ago.

    Give your ill mannered inflated ego a rest. It is annoying and unbecoming.

    You do not think as well as you think.

    Regards
    DL
    If you understood, as you say, why pretend its the other way around?

    Oh, and your lies and innuendos are so much more ill-mannered than I could ever be.

Similar Threads

  1. Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?
    By Gnostic Christian Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th April 2015, 10:12 AM
  2. LIve coverage: Mubarak resigns, hands power to the military
    By TennesseeRain in forum Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 07:00 PM
  3. Does the Supreme Court use its power/authority wisely?
    By teh_1337sauce in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 6th April 2008, 10:38 PM
  4. The United States and 'Moral Authority'
    By Flashbang88 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st September 2007, 03:59 PM
  5. Eisenhower on Military Power & Civil Rights
    By Roman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th July 2006, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed