Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

  1. #1
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada

    Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

    Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

    Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

    Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

    None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin, yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesus suffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their just punishment.

    From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they are not fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

    Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heaven by rejecting substitutionary atonement?

    Regards
    DL

  2. #2
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

    Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

    Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

    None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin, yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesus suffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their just punishment.

    From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they are not fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

    Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heaven by rejecting substitutionary atonement?

    Regards
    DL
    Wrong. The correct commandment is:

    John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

    Don't you ever feel ashamed about your blatant misrepresentation of christianity?
    Thanks from Babylon and DemoWhip

  3. #3
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,391
    Thanks
    7610

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

    Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

    Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

    None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin, yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesus suffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their just punishment.

    From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they are not fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

    Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heaven by rejecting substitutionary atonement?

    Regards
    DL
    Yes, we did break the Golden rule. We either lied, Cheated Coveted, Stolen, harmed, etc. someone during our lifetime.

    Jesus decided to do unto US what he wants US TO DO unto HIM... Give our lives telling others how to avoid eternal separation from our Creator.


    Whom have you told the road to take to avoid separation from God the Creator.
    Thanks from Toolman1256 and DemoWhip

  4. #4
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Wrong. The correct commandment is:

    John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

    Don't you ever feel ashamed about your blatant misrepresentation of christianity?
    Your abuse is not worth my time.

    Shove your inflated ego where your brains and good manners are.

    Regards
    DL

  5. #5
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Jesus decided to do unto US what he wants US TO DO unto HIM... Give our lives telling others how to avoid eternal separation from our Creator.
    .
    Why do you like the idea of being close to a genocidal son murdering God?

    Regards
    DL

  6. #6
    Member Iolo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,366
    Thanks
    1550

    From
    Rhondda, Cymru
    Jesus preached what the early Church adopted - primitive socialism, he was tortured to death by the colonialists but somehow managed to walk away, giving the anti-colonialists huge confidence. What Paul made of it is something to take up with him. Try a planchette.

  7. #7
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Your abuse is not worth my time.

    Shove your inflated ego where your brains and good manners are.

    Regards
    DL
    A simple google search would have yielded the passage I have just provided. Admit it. You are too lazy or too infatuated with your twisted opinion you cannot even be bothered to keep your facts straight.
    Thanks from PACE

  8. #8
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,894
    Thanks
    8762

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    A simple google search would have yielded the passage I have just provided. Admit it. You are too lazy or too infatuated with your twisted opinion you cannot even be bothered to keep your facts straight.
    Perhaps he was thinking of Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

    I don't know of anything mentioned in the Bible about a "golden rule". That's just a term people use because it's a fucking common sense rule that Jesus didn't invent.

    "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." — Confucius (c. 500 BC)

  9. #9
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Perhaps he was thinking of Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

    I don't know of anything mentioned in the Bible about a "golden rule". That's just a term people use because it's a fucking common sense rule that Jesus didn't invent.

    "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." — Confucius (c. 500 BC)
    You are correct. Jesus did not invent it. It sums up the 'law and the prophets'.

    What he did say earlier in the sermon on the mount is to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you -- a christian concept. Which brings us to the new commandment I provided. How ought we treat one another if god himself suffered a painful and humiliating death for our sake?

    It is a profound lesson in morality. Unfortunately for the op, the only thing he got out of it is substitutionary atonement.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    You are correct. Jesus did not invent it. It sums up the 'law and the prophets'.

    What he did say earlier in the sermon on the mount is to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you -- a christian concept. Which brings us to the new commandment I provided. How ought we treat one another if god himself suffered a painful and humiliating death for our sake?

    It is a profound lesson in morality. Unfortunately for the op, the only thing he got out of it is substitutionary atonement.
    Would you tell your wife to love her enemy as she is getting raped by him?

    Would you love him?

    Regards
    DL

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?
    By Gnostic Christian Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th May 2015, 09:50 AM
  2. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 15th October 2014, 06:40 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th January 2011, 12:37 PM
  4. Obama wants to break own rule!!
    By metheron in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd January 2009, 06:21 PM
  5. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 5th March 2008, 05:22 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed