Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: A Bad Case of Christophobia:

  1. #1
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19114

    From
    america

    A Bad Case of Christophobia:

    Articles: A Bad Case of Christophobia


    A Bad Case of Christophobia

    By John Steinreich


    Among those phenomena most dreaded in liberal-progressive orthodoxy is "Islamophobia." Because the left continues to shape the boundaries of public discourse, any question regarding Islamic doctrine or the conduct of Muslims that might suggest that Islam is not a religion of peace is routinely labeled as Islamophobic. Despite voluminous evidence supporting a rational interpretation of Islam as a warrior ideology with a religious veneer, concerned non-Muslims are slandered as irrational xenophobes by the media, Hollywood, and academia. As these cultural grandees ignore the medieval brutality of ISIS; the screams of "Allahu akbar" by jihadists at places like Fort Hood, San Bernardino, and Orlando; and the anti-Western provocations of imams and mullahs around the globe, they show themselves to be engaged in a toxic romance with anything Islamic.

    While leftists have a slobbering love affair with Islam – "Islamophilia," we might call it – they concurrently suffer from a raving hysteria of what could be termed "Christophobia."

    The left smears those concerned about the dangers of Islam as "Islamophobes" – a moniker that essentially accuses the latter of mental instability. The right can quite adequately counter-argue that the term "Christophobia" should be assigned to the radical elements of the left-wing polity as a diagnosis of the way they regularly lose their minds over anything in the public square resembling America's Christian heritage.
    Last edited by Macduff; 2nd March 2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Thanks from Zephyr and Monk-Eye

  2. #2
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    22,946
    Thanks
    16768

    From
    Florida
    Well you may wanna take up with the JSC and SEVERAL GENERALS who implored TRUMP not to use the phrase 'radical islam', which he said twice as I remember the other night. He asked to REMOVE IT. Twice.

    Apparently, someone(s)(many other someones) think it is inflammatory and castigates an entire religion for the FREAKS among their religious ranks. CHRISTOPHOBIA sounds like a pretty clever tit for tat. Of course the David Dukes and STEVE BANNON types would disagree. Which is pretty much the fucking point!
    Thanks from Dangermouse, nic and Friday13

  3. #3
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19114

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Well you may wanna take up with the JSC and SEVERAL GENERALS who implored TRUMP not to use the phrase 'radical islam', which he said twice as I remember the other night. He asked to REMOVE IT. Twice.

    Apparently, someone(s)(many other someones) think it is inflammatory and castigates an entire religion for the FREAKS among their religious ranks. CHRISTOPHOBIA sounds like a pretty clever tit for tat. Of course the David Dukes and STEVE BANNON types would disagree. Which is pretty much the fucking point!
    That's cool.

    Would you like to comment on my post now, or, is there a squirrel outside your window you would prefer to tell us about?

  4. #4
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,356
    Thanks
    19189

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    When you say "my post", I'm left to wonder if you are talking about the chunk of vomit you ejected from Mr Steinreich, the Islamophobic Christianist ranter. Are there no rules regarding copyright that would spare us from most of their dross? There's precious little from you in it. (unless you are the famed author of Christianist texts on what God really meant by "love".
    Thanks from nic and Friday13

  5. #5
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19114

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    When you say "my post", I'm left to wonder if you are talking about the chunk of vomit you ejected from Mr Steinreich, the Islamophobic Christianist ranter. Are there no rules regarding copyright that would spare us from most of their dross? There's precious little from you in it. (unless you are the famed author of Christianist texts on what God really meant by "love".


    You would make a very strong member of the SITH.......

  6. #6
    Junior Member Zephyr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,545
    Thanks
    605

    From
    United States
    I read the article. I have never seen that term "Christophobia" used before. After careful review, I do see the reasoning behind the stark comparisons made in the article which show the hypocrisy of apologists and antagonists alike.

  7. #7
    Member birdzeyez's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks
    1680

    From
    Maryland
    This is the usual drivel that we can expect from American "Thinker" (now, there's a misnomer from you!), full of wild, unproven allegations and irrational hate filled rants directed at the left, but otherwise bereft of substance.

    Meanwhile, in this neck of the woods, a note was found at a local mosque offering a reward to anyone who would slaughter a few Muslims.

    Threatening note found at Md. mosque offering money to anyone 'who slaughtered Muslims' | WJLA
    Thanks from Friday13

  8. #8
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,218
    Thanks
    26891

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Overwhelmed with panic that puritanical lynch mobs are ready to pour out of America's churches to jail unbelievers and execute heretics, leftists are filled with hyperactive terror at any sign of Christianity in our culture and law. Blinded by hatred of the morality for which Christianity stands, the left goes thermonuclear over pro-life arguments,
    I know of no leftists that believe this nonsense.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, birdzeyez, nic and 1 others

  9. #9
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19114

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by birdzeyez View Post
    This is the usual drivel that we can expect from American "Thinker" (now, there's a misnomer from you!), full of wild, unproven allegations and irrational hate filled rants directed at the left, but otherwise bereft of substance.

    Meanwhile, in this neck of the woods, a note was found at a local mosque offering a reward to anyone who would slaughter a few Muslims.

    Threatening note found at Md. mosque offering money to anyone 'who slaughtered Muslims' | WJLA
    I hear, that soon, there may be mental health professionals to help you with your "Christophobia."

  10. #10
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,218
    Thanks
    26891

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    A group of enraged protesters exploded in anger after a chaplain prayed in the name of Jesus at a town hall meeting in Louisiana hosted by U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy. The verbally-abusive crowd also heckled a Vietnam War veteran who attempted to lead the group in the pledge of allegiance[.] ...
    Meanwhile, the local news reports nothing nearly as dramatic. There's even a video. The OP story is bullshit.

    The freshman senator faced an angry crowd during a town hall in Metairie, La. on Wednesday. Breaux Bridge Chief of Police Rollie Cantu increased security after seeing videos of the town hall in suburban New Orleans.
    Sen. Bill Cassidy hosts town hall in Breaux Bridge | KLFY
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Friday13

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Just in case
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th October 2015, 02:40 PM
  2. US undertaking case-by-case review on deportation
    By freecell in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th August 2011, 09:44 AM
  3. The case for doing nothing
    By anonnymous in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24th June 2009, 02:16 AM
  4. In Case You Really Want To Know....
    By Sparta in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 8th November 2006, 07:27 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed