Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Two questions for theists

  1. #31
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    232

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    No, the Old testament is the first 2 ages of man.



    GOD gave mankind the opportunity to fix themselves in the age of man, Pre-law of Moses

    man could not bridge the gap of sin


    then God sent guidelines via the Law, this is the age of the Law..

    Man could not keep the law and bridge the gap of sin that separates us from God

    God became man and paid the price for sin.. bridging the gap between God and man due to sin. This is the Age of Grace
    And millions were killed in "the Age of Grace".

  2. #32
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,949
    Thanks
    7094

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    And millions were killed in "the Age of Grace".
    Millions? <100,000 died in the crusades.. all of them combined. <100 in the Spanish inquisition the two most noted events where Christians acted badly.

  3. #33
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    232

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Millions? <100,000 died in the crusades.. all of them combined. <100 in the Spanish inquisition the two most noted events where Christians acted badly.
    So, Christians killed less than 100,000? Who killed millions of others? Also your figures are disputed and "the Age of Grace", if I understand it properly, is not limited to these two events.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,949
    Thanks
    7094

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    So, Christians killed less than 100,000? Who killed millions of others? Also your figures are disputed and "the Age of Grace", if I understand it properly, is not limited to these two events.
    the Yersinia pestis Rubella and Rubeolla viruses, H1N virus famine and socialism killed 120,000,000 since 1917 from the Holodomor in the Ukraine through the WMD attacks by Saddam

  5. #35
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    232

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    the Yersinia pestis Rubella and Rubeolla viruses, H1N virus famine and socialism killed 120,000,000 since 1917 from the Holodomor in the Ukraine through the WMD attacks by Saddam
    Crusaders, inquisition, socialism, capitalism, fascism... they all are products of European civilization, which is based on Christian values.
    Thanks from namvet69

  6. #36
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,949
    Thanks
    7094

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    Crusaders, inquisition, socialism, capitalism, fascism... they all are products of European civilization, which is based on Christian values.
    Marxism (secular socialism and fascism and communisum) is not a Christian value.

  7. #37
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    232

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Marxism (secular socialism and fascism and communisum) is not a Christian value.
    May be. Still they are products of European civilization, which is based on Christianity.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,949
    Thanks
    7094

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    May be. Still they are products of European civilization, which is based on Christianity.
    Not really, What teaching of Christ said kill in his name. Please find it in cut it post it.

  9. #39
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    232

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Not really, What teaching of Christ said kill in his name. Please find it in cut it post it.
    Important is not what is written in a script, but how people interpret it and how they act.

  10. #40
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    Thanks
    3045

    From
    Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    A couple of questions for theists.

    1) If god knows everything about you, then why would he test you? He should already know how you would behave in any situation.

    2) If god is all powerful, and evil exists, and god is benevolent, and caring, why does he do nothing to stop evil? God is also supposed to be a loving god, so he should and could prevent people from doing evil.

    Now, I have heard, as a response to this second question, an analogy to Parents not stopping their children from engaging in less than safe behaviour - touching a live wire, touching a hot stove, that sort of thing. The argument being that a loving parent wants their children to "learn" through experience. However, I find this answer more than a little inadequate. After all, what parent, when they are confronted with a rapist throwing their daughter down, and ripping off her dress would not pounce upon the monster, stop him, and destroy him? Would a loving parent allow the rapist to complete his task, in order to allow their child to "learn" some valuable lesson? And just what lesson might that be?

    So, yes. That answer to the second question is woefully lacking.
    Do you understand how painful/earth shattering losing your religion is?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why should Atheists give a shit about Theists?
    By Czernobog in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 586
    Last Post: 16th January 2017, 01:55 AM
  2. Should Theists Be Allowed To Shop/Vote?
    By Xerographica in forum Economics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 29th August 2013, 08:45 PM
  3. Iowahawk: Questions, So Many Questions
    By Macduff in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th July 2011, 03:50 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed