Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 203
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: Xians have it wrong...jesus wasn't crucified

  1. #61
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    1435

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    As far as I can see no one has any evidence for a goddess Eostre or Eastre in combination with spring celebrations of Celts and/or Germanics (=Barbarians).
    Wow. I'm pretty sure there are a few religious scholars who will disagree. A lot of these myths can be traced back to ancient Egypt where they are carved in stone.

  2. #62
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    145

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Wow. I'm pretty sure there are a few religious scholars who will disagree. A lot of these myths can be traced back to ancient Egypt where they are carved in stone.
    What do you speak about? What do you call "myth" in this context? I said as well "Ostara" (from the brothers Grimm) and "Eostre" (from Beda Venerabilis) are not names of a godess. They have nothing to do with Easter celebrations. Do you try to say now Easter has to do with an ancient Egypt god? Which one?

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 25th March 2017 at 03:35 AM.

  3. #63
    Member Iolo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,341
    Thanks
    1524

    From
    Rhondda, Cymru
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Constantine and the first council of Nicaea created Jesus in 325 CE to form a composite religion that pagans would be willing to accept. There is more evidence that Socrates is real than there is for the man-god and scholar known as Jesus.
    Oh ah? Trump better do something similar - nothing to it if you believe in conspiracy theories! Fortunately, historians tend to have some grasp of sanity.

  4. #64
    Member Iolo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,341
    Thanks
    1524

    From
    Rhondda, Cymru
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Wow. I'm pretty sure there are a few religious scholars who will disagree. A lot of these myths can be traced back to ancient Egypt where they are carved in stone.
    If there were such people as 'Celts' they certainly didn't go in for German goddesses. It is like the popish propaganda that Britain suddenly went back not only to paganism but somebody else's paganism. And the Roman band played 'Believe it if you like'!

  5. #65
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    145

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    If there were such people as 'Celts' they certainly didn't go in for German goddesses. It is like the popish propaganda that Britain suddenly went back not only to paganism but somebody else's paganism. And the Roman band played 'Believe it if you like'!
    You doubt about the existence of the Celts? Celts are native Europeans with an own group of languages. Celts are well known since the Iron Age. The native Brits or English including Scots and Irish and Welsh are a mix of Celts and Germanics (Middle Europeans and North Europeans).



    Yellow: Core Hallstatt territory, by the sixth century BC

    Light Green: Maximal Celtic expansion by 275 BC
    (Lusitanian area of Iberia where Celtic presence is uncertain)

    Dark Green: Areas where Celtic languages remain widely spoken today

    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 25th March 2017 at 07:00 AM.

  6. #66
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    If we measure the speed of light then we measure always the same value under all conditions, which we are able to change. The value is about 0.307 parsecs a year, 299792458 m/s, 671 million miles per hour, 1 plank length per plank time. A very slow, a very fast or an accelerating observer is measuring the same value. That's why space and time is relative to the absolute value of the speed of light, which could also be another value in another universe: We don't know why it is always this value here in our universe.

    What kind of condition has someone to change, so this one is able to measure another value?



    Leise zieht durch mein Gemüt

    Leise zieht durch mein Gemüt
    Liebliches Geläute.
    Klinge, kleines Frühlingslied.
    Kling hinaus ins Weite.

    Kling hinaus, bis an das Haus,
    Wo die Blumen sprießen.
    Wenn du eine Rose schaust,
    Sag, ich laß sie grüßen.


    Heinrich Heine
    I am sorry but I have already posted facts from numerous credible sources that say otherwise.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  7. #67
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    1435

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    If there were such people as 'Celts' they certainly didn't go in for German goddesses. It is like the popish propaganda that Britain suddenly went back not only to paganism but somebody else's paganism. And the Roman band played 'Believe it if you like'!
    No nation owns the rights to the fertility festival. My argument is that German paganism had some influence on Constantine in creating the composite religion known as christianity.

  8. #68
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    1435

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    Oh ah? Trump better do something similar - nothing to it if you believe in conspiracy theories! Fortunately, historians tend to have some grasp of sanity.
    Historians deal with the same politics and power struggle as theologians. Do a search on Egyptology scandal. Science is no different than religion when humans are given power over others.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  9. #69
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks
    1435

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Historians deal with the same politics and power struggle as theologians. Do a search on Egyptology scandal. Science is no different than religion when humans are given power over others.
    Personal Attacks: Dispute over Age of the Sphinx and Great Pyramid

    In 1993, NBC in the USA aired The Mysteries of the Sphinx, which presented geological evidence showing that the Sphinx was at least twice as old (9,000 years) as Egyptologists claimed. It has become well known as the "water erosion controversy". An examination of the politicking that Egyptologists deployed to combat this undermining of their turf is instructive.

    Self-taught Egyptologist John Anthony West brought the water erosion issue to the attention of geologist Dr Robert Schoch. They went to Egypt and launched an intensive on-site investigation. After thoroughly studying the Sphinx first hand, the geologist came to share West's preliminary conclusion and they announced their findings.

    Dr Zahi Hawass, the Giza Monuments chief, wasted no time in firing a barrage of public criticism at the pair. Renowned Egyptologist Dr Mark Lehner, who is regarded as the world's foremost expert on the Sphinx, joined his attack. He charged West and Schoch with being "ignorant and insensitive". That was a curious accusation which took the matter off the professional level and put the whole affair on a personal plane. It did not address the facts or issues at all and it was highly unscientific.

    But we must note the standard tactic of discrediting anyone who dares to call the accepted theories into question. Shifting the focus away from the issues and "personalizing" the debate is a highly effective strategy--one which is often used by politicians who feel insecure about their positions. Hawass and Lehner invoked their untouchable status and presumed authority. (One would think that a geologist's assessment would hold more weight on this particular point.)
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  10. #70
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    145

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    I am sorry but I have already posted facts from numerous credible sources that say otherwise.
    So what do you say is the condition, which someone has to change, so someone here on planet Earth is able to measure another result of the speed of light than any other intelligent entity in the whole universe since the begin of time ever had measured?

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 26th March 2017 at 02:53 AM.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus wasn't an actual person
    By knight in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 19th February 2016, 03:21 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th June 2015, 11:21 AM
  3. Rick Perry On What Went Wrong In 2012: 'I Wasn't Healthy'--
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th May 2015, 05:42 PM
  4. Bible Spice getting crucified
    By Think for myself in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 7th November 2008, 07:09 PM
  5. Maybe Obama Wasn't Wrong....
    By Migi e! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 18th April 2008, 12:10 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed