Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: Was the Garden of Eden a case of "police entrapment"?

  1. #61
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,756
    Thanks
    23719

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    Adam was constructed to understand anything God said him.
    That's an inference. On what is it based?

  2. #62
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,426
    Thanks
    277

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    How was god's power and authority clear? What had God done to demonstrate either of these? Don't forget; Adam was asleep when Eve was created.
    You do not think breathing life into him is a demonstration of power and authority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    And unlike God, the serpent had not only demonstrated the ability to speak, but also to listen and respond.
    But to what end was the listening and responding for?

  3. #63
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    233

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    That's an inference. On what is it based?
    On simple logic and my understanding of the script. Do you have alternative explanation? Was Adam brought up by his parents? Did he learn in primary school? On what do you base your inferences?

  4. #64
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,756
    Thanks
    23719

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    You do not think breathing life into him is a demonstration of power and authority?
    Not one that was witnessed by Adam.

    But to what end was the listening and responding for?
    Doesn't matter. The serpent was the first entity that listened to the words of a human.

  5. #65
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,756
    Thanks
    23719

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    On simple logic and my understanding of the script. Do you have alternative explanation? Was Adam brought up by his parents? Did he learn in primary school? On what do you base your inferences?
    What's the logic? Explain why you think that God provided Adam with knowledge and understanding of concepts he had never experienced.

  6. #66
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    233

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    What's the logic? Explain why you think that God provided Adam with knowledge and understanding of concepts he had never experienced.
    And who do you think "provided Adam with knowledge and understanding of concepts he had never experienced"? Name him/her.

  7. #67
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,756
    Thanks
    23719

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    And who do you think "provided Adam with knowledge and understanding of concepts he had never experienced"? Name him/her.
    I don't think that anyone provided such information. In fact, the entity in charge was god, and he wasn't too hot on imparting knowledge. The one source of knowledge in Eden was tacitly prohibited, and god said nothing on the subject of expanding one's understanding of the world.

  8. #68
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,426
    Thanks
    277

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Not one that was witnessed by Adam.
    Adam did not witness his own creation? One moment he is clay and the next he is self aware.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Doesn't matter. The serpent was the first entity that listened to the words of a human.
    God is omniscient. Did I forget to mention that?

  9. #69
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    233

    From
    Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I don't think that anyone provided such information. In fact, the entity in charge was god, and he wasn't too hot on imparting knowledge. The one source of knowledge in Eden was tacitly prohibited, and god said nothing on the subject of expanding one's understanding of the world.
    Still you didn't answer my question: who?
    So, you don't like my version, but don't have yours. OK.

  10. #70
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,756
    Thanks
    23719

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Adam did not witness his own creation? One moment he is clay and the next he is self aware.
    And if he had no awareness as clay, then the transition to self-awareness would have been unnoticed by Adam.


    God is omniscient. Did I forget to mention that?
    So you say - but how would Adam have known of God's omniscience and omnipotence? God never so much as introduced himself to Adam.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 253
    Last Post: 4th November 2016, 08:46 PM
  2. Trump "Shames" Fed Judge Hearing "Trump U" Case
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 29th May 2016, 06:54 PM
  3. Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?
    By Gnostic Christian Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11th June 2015, 06:22 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th August 2007, 11:44 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed