Members banned from this thread: aboutenough


Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 364
Thanks Tree48Thanks

Thread: Christianity has no ethical foundation

  1. #21
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanks
    1177

    From
    Cyberia
    A good harvest is almost guaranteed if the gods are satisfied with the purity of our sacrifice. What could be purer than babies?

  2. #22
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,809
    Thanks
    5553

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    These threads are getting ridiculous. Can we change the name of this forum to "God is a fake, babby killing asshole?" Can we?
    Thanks from Monk-Eye

  3. #23
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    45,360
    Thanks
    2535

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    So, babies are the "enemy"?!?! Really?!?! Like I said, you will never have a leg to stand on, any time you ever dare to post about abortion again. Because I will be right there to remind you that you are perfectly fine with slaughtering infants, and babies when it suits your purpose.
    One problem with your argument is humans make a choice to kill an unborn infant, while you are suggesting killing the enemy of the Jews is the same. Acts of war are not murder when it has to do with defending your life. If we follow your logic then we are murdering Isis members and their families. Are you suggesting we be sympathetic to our enemies?

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    31,881
    Thanks
    15426

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    One problem with your argument is humans make a choice to kill an unborn infant, while you are suggesting killing the enemy of the Jews is the same. Acts of war are not murder when it has to do with defending your life. If we follow your logic then we are murdering Isis members and their families. Are you suggesting we be sympathetic to our enemies?
    Genocide. Is. Not. A. Reasonable. Act. Of. War!!! At least, not among any civilized human beings! You keep saying that like it is perfectly reasonable to go around hacking up babies, and blowing off the heads of five-year-olds, just so long as they are only the children of people you are at war with! Rational, ethical people do not think that - ever. So, no. There is no "problem" with my argument. The only problem is that you have no problem with killing babies, and children, just so long as it is in the name of a cause you agree with.

  5. #25
    RNG
    RNG is online now
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,658
    Thanks
    2375

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    A good harvest is almost guaranteed if the gods are satisfied with the purity of our sacrifice. What could be purer than babies?
    Is this what makes him that loving god the good christians always talk about?
    Thanks from chaos

  6. #26
    RNG
    RNG is online now
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,658
    Thanks
    2375

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    These threads are getting ridiculous. Can we change the name of this forum to "God is a fake, babby killing asshole?" Can we?
    At least it would then be rational.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  7. #27
    RNG
    RNG is online now
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,658
    Thanks
    2375

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    One problem with your argument is humans make a choice to kill an unborn infant, while you are suggesting killing the enemy of the Jews is the same. Acts of war are not murder when it has to do with defending your life. If we follow your logic then we are murdering Isis members and their families. Are you suggesting we be sympathetic to our enemies?
    It requires killing babies and cows to defend your life? Or does god just like killing?

  8. #28
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanks
    1177

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Is this what makes him that loving god the good christians always talk about?
    American christians somehow managed to turn their gentle man-god Jesus into a 2nd amendment militant who hates poor people.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    31,881
    Thanks
    15426

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    One problem with your argument is humans make a choice to kill an unborn infant, while you are suggesting killing the enemy of the Jews is the same. Acts of war are not murder when it has to do with defending your life. If we follow your logic then we are murdering Isis members and their families. Are you suggesting we be sympathetic to our enemies?
    You keep responding as if all we are talking about is killing enemy combatants. Let's look at the who the Israelites were ordered to kill, again: "...both man and woman, infant and suckling..."

    I'm pretty sure that neither the women, nor the "infants, and sucklings" were enemy combatants. Even in your ISIS analogy, I'm pretty sure that there have been no cases of infants crawling into public squares, and blowing themselves up. I'm pretty sure there have been no cases of infants shooting victims, or beheading people. The command of God was not to kill enemy combatants. It was to slaughter an entire race of people, including the women, and children, up to, and including the babies.

    And you are here, attempting to endorse this, and justify it as "That is just how war is conducted". No. No, it's not. Not by ethical people, with reason. And no God who is just, loving, or kind would ever suggest such a thing, let alone command it.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    31,881
    Thanks
    15426

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    American christians somehow managed to turn their gentle man-god Jesus into a 2nd amendment militant who hates poor people.
    The problem is that their gentled man-god Jesus, is supposed to be the physical incarnation of the God they worship; the same God that ordered the slaughter of an entire race, including the women, and children. Christians want everyone to conveniently forget that their "God of Love" is, in fact, the same God who did this.
    Thanks from chaos

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Foundation faces troubling legal, ethical questions
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th September 2016, 07:02 PM
  2. Should Business Be Ethical Or Just Profitable?
    By Devil505 in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11th February 2011, 11:34 PM
  3. That Ethical Democrat Speaker
    By Migi e! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 8th August 2007, 10:04 PM
  4. Pelosi's Democrats most ethical? Right....
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th January 2007, 11:27 AM
  5. Ethical question?
    By conservative in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th August 2006, 08:31 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed