Members banned from this thread: aboutenough


Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 361 to 369 of 369
Thanks Tree48Thanks

Thread: Christianity has no ethical foundation

  1. #361
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,878
    Thanks
    7527

    From
    USA
    Thread Ban Notice

    aboutenough has been banned from this thread. Please do not reply or respond to his posts. Thank you for your cooperation.


  2. #362
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    132

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    And your suspicions would be entirely wrong. You are also presumptuous about what I do, and do not know. I was a Christian for 20 years, and spent many years not just reading, but studying the Bible, cover to cover, including translating the Bible from its original language. So, it would appear that you aren't as perceptive as you seem to think you are.
    I would say you never had anything to do with the Christian religion. I miss some characteristics in your psychology. You are much to aggressive and you are far from the view that god gives not everyone the same position and same tasks. If someone is not able to read and to write for example, than this person is nevertheless able to be much more in the truth of god than anyone else who studied his whole life the bible in all languages which ever existed. It exist no automatisms. God says "Thou shall not kill", sends his son and his son will be killed. That's what we human beings are doing. No reason to be proud on - whether someone owns the greatest bomb or not.

    Darwinism (Your avatar shows how the young big fish evolution kills the old little fish creation) is by the way one of the worst religions. It's the rebound in the "survival of the strongest" as for example it was once the leadership of the so called Aryan race in Germany with Spartan creeds like to be "zäh, wie Leder, hart, wie Kruppstahl und flink, wie die Windhunde " (Hitler, 1935). No - the simple truth is: „If you prick us, do we not bleed?” So why do you attack us? Why do you crucify Christ? Because god is ready to die, before he tries to defend himself?



    Last edited by zaangalewa; 14th April 2017 at 12:57 AM.

  3. #363
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,456
    Thanks
    19893

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Let's just put this to bed, once and for all. You can claim that Christianity is responsible for whatever you like, one glaring fact remains:

    If you read the Bible, and believe it is true, then you know that you God kills babies.

    Let us reiterate that: You worship a God who Kills. Babies.

    Now, you can rationalise this any way you wish, but so long as you insist that the God of the New Testament is the same God, as the God of the Old Testament, then you worship a God who ordered genocide, and killed Babies. Period. Full stop.

    So long as you worship a genocidal, baby killing God, and pretend that he isn't just that, and even call him a loving God, then you get to question the ethics, and morals of no one.

    It's that simple.
    That's only about 3% of what God does in the Old Testament.

  4. #364
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That's only about 3% of what God does in the Old Testament.
    Sooo…genocide is okay, if its only once in a while? Assad, in 30 of reign, only usead gas on people twice, so we should ignore that, and just think about all the other things he has done for his people, right?

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  5. #365
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    132

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Sooo…genocide is okay, if its only once in a while? Assad, in 30 of reign, only usead gas on people twice, so we should ignore that, and just think about all the other things he has done for his people, right?

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    As far as I was able to find out the first genocide in history was made from Lothar von Trotha in Africa. He said once: "Gewalt mit krassem Terrorismus und selbst mit Grausamkeit auszuüben, war und ist meine Politik. Ich vernichte die aufständischen Stämme in Strömen von Blut und Strömen von Geld. Nur auf dieser Aussaat kann etwas Neues entstehen." ... damn - how to translate this? "It was and is my policy to use force with terrorism and even cruelty. I destroy the insurgent tribes in streams of blood and streams of money. Only on this seed will grow something new". The influence for mass-murder in dimensions of genocide has a lot to do with the English and Prussian culture and the colonialism, imperialism of the very modern world. I'm quite sure it has also to do with Darwinism.

    You are looking in the wrong "dark age", only because you could be able to use the light of the bible in this age of history - if you would be able to find out, how to switch on the light of the bible.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 27th April 2017 at 01:39 AM.

  6. #366
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    As far as I was able to find out the first genocide in history was made from Lothar von Trotha in Africa. He said once: "Gewalt mit krassem Terrorismus und selbst mit Grausamkeit auszuüben, war und ist meine Politik. Ich vernichte die aufständischen Stämme in Strömen von Blut und Strömen von Geld. Nur auf dieser Aussaat kann etwas Neues entstehen." ... damn - how to translate this? "It was and is my policy to use force with terrorism and even cruelty. I destroy the insurgent tribes in streams of blood and streams of money. Only on this seed will grow something new". The influence for mass-murder in dimensions of genocide has a lot to do with the English and Prussian culture and the colonialism, imperialism of the very modern world. I'm quite sure it has also to do with Darwinism.

    You are looking in the wrong "dark age", only because you could be able to use the light of the bible in this age of history - if you would be able to find out, how to switch on the light of the bible.
    You have already made it clear that you are unwilling to call the order to iintentionally hunt down an entire nation, down to every woman, child, and infant genocide. Unfortunately that's what it is, whether you want to call it that, or not. The Bible is only a "light", if you ignore all of the evil commanded by the God of the Bible.

  7. #367
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    132

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You have already made it clear that you are unwilling to call the order to iintentionally hunt down an entire nation, down to every woman, child, and infant genocide. Unfortunately that's what it is, whether you want to call it that, or not. The Bible is only a "light", if you ignore all of the evil commanded by the God of the Bible.
    Let me say it this way: If god would be only 100% "justice" then all mankind had to burn in the sun - instead of this he sent his son to us. Without love you are not able to think god and "love" is not your position. Your position is "hate". But you are your own answer. I'm unfortunately not able to see your position. You are "anti" or "not" - and out of this land of nowhere you attack others. You - as well as anyone else - knows very clear, that Jews and Christians don't support any form of genocide. It's absurde and without any reality to think what you think. That's what you intentionally ignore.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 28th April 2017 at 01:14 AM.

  8. #368
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    Let me say it this way: If god would be only 100% "justice" then all mankind had to burn in the sun...Your position is "hate"...
    No. That would be you. You clearly hate your fellow man. You believe that man is inherently evil, and deserving of destruction. That is a position of hatred. I, on the other hand, do not believe that man is inherently evil. I do not believe that man deserves destruction. I do not believe that man is in need of any "saving". I am the one who loves, and respects man. You, understandable, hate man. This is because your God clearly hates man. This hatred is evidenced in his commands of genocide.

    It is not surprising that anyone who worships a genocidal god would hold man in contempt.

  9. #369
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    132

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    No. That would be you. You clearly hate your fellow man.
    I'm a German. No one expects anything else from me.

    You believe that man is inherently evil,
    I believe everyone is a child of god - more modern expression: a human being. But I don't believe all acts of human beings are human (=Christian)

    and deserving of destruction.
    ¿Verdienen Zerstörung? ... Hmm ... Indeed I personally had reasons to wipe out all mankind from this planet - but I don't go steps to do so nor do I ask god to do me this favor. He could do it. He always gave me what I asked him for - but this was not always the best for me and the world - so I don't ask him any longer to do me a favor. No - it's exactly in the opposite: I try to find ways how all mankind and the biosphere are able to survive. I think this makes god more happy. But I'm not sure about.

    That is a position of hatred. I, on the other hand, do not believe that man is inherently evil.
    Why should you?

    I do not believe that man deserves destruction. I do not believe that man is in need of any "saving". I am the one who loves, and respects man.
    You don't respect Christians.

    You, understandable, hate man. This is because your God clearly hates man. This hatred is evidenced in his commands of genocide.
    God is love.

    It is not surprising that anyone who worships a genocidal god would hold man in contempt.
    You know on your own it is nonsense what you say here - but you say it. A form of suicidally anti-spirituality, which denies your own capacities.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 29th April 2017 at 07:05 AM.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Foundation faces troubling legal, ethical questions
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th September 2016, 07:02 PM
  2. Should Business Be Ethical Or Just Profitable?
    By Devil505 in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11th February 2011, 11:34 PM
  3. That Ethical Democrat Speaker
    By Migi e! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 8th August 2007, 10:04 PM
  4. Pelosi's Democrats most ethical? Right....
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th January 2007, 11:27 AM
  5. Ethical question?
    By conservative in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th August 2006, 08:31 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed