Members banned from this thread: aboutenough


Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 369
Thanks Tree48Thanks

Thread: Christianity has no ethical foundation

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,138
    Thanks
    17039

    From
    Phoenix, AZ

    Christianity has no ethical foundation

    Let's just put this to bed, once and for all. You can claim that Christianity is responsible for whatever you like, one glaring fact remains:

    If you read the Bible, and believe it is true, then you know that you God kills babies.

    Let us reiterate that: You worship a God who Kills. Babies.

    Now, you can rationalise this any way you wish, but so long as you insist that the God of the New Testament is the same God, as the God of the Old Testament, then you worship a God who ordered genocide, and killed Babies. Period. Full stop.

    So long as you worship a genocidal, baby killing God, and pretend that he isn't just that, and even call him a loving God, then you get to question the ethics, and morals of no one.

    It's that simple.
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #2
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    I think you got that mixed up. You belong to a party that supports killing babies and selling body parts
    Thanks from Zephyr and Humorme

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,138
    Thanks
    17039

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I think you got that mixed up. You belong to a party that supports killing babies and selling body parts
    Not about politics. Purely religion. It's your Bible. It is simple fact that is indisputable. If you accept the Bible to be a true, and accurate account of history, then you worship a God that commanded Genocide, and the slaughter of children, and infants. Period. Full stop. Once you acknowledge, and accept that fact, you have no moral high ground left.
    Thanks from RNG and Madeline

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,138
    Thanks
    17039

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gee...they're mot even trying to justify the genocide...

    Typical. Just ignore those topics that you cannot defend, and that contradict the propaganda of the religion...

  5. #5
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Not about politics. Purely religion. It's your Bible. It is simple fact that is indisputable. If you accept the Bible to be a true, and accurate account of history, then you worship a God that commanded Genocide, and the slaughter of children, and infants. Period. Full stop. Once you acknowledge, and accept that fact, you have no moral high ground left.
    What, now you believe is something you say isn't true. You are talking about the flood right? The flood that all atheist claim didn't happen because there is no proof

  6. #6
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    Thanks
    281

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Let's just put this to bed, once and for all. You can claim that Christianity is responsible for whatever you like, one glaring fact remains:

    If you read the Bible, and believe it is true, then you know that you God kills babies.

    Let us reiterate that: You worship a God who Kills. Babies.

    Now, you can rationalise this any way you wish, but so long as you insist that the God of the New Testament is the same God, as the God of the Old Testament, then you worship a God who ordered genocide, and killed Babies. Period. Full stop.

    So long as you worship a genocidal, baby killing God, and pretend that he isn't just that, and even call him a loving God, then you get to question the ethics, and morals of no one.

    It's that simple.
    Why do you keep blaming christians for the genocide which the jews (allegedly) did?
    Thanks from Humorme

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,138
    Thanks
    17039

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    What, now you believe is something you say isn't true. You are talking about the flood right? The flood that all atheist claim didn't happen because there is no proof
    No. 1 Sam 15:3 - "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

    The Abrahamic God, specifically, and unambiguously told the Israelites, "If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move...kill it just in case," Now, you, I'm sure, are going to try to explain just how icky, and mean the Amalekites were, and how that means they deserved it. However, "...infant and suckling..." That's, children, infants, and newborns for anyone who is not clear. The God of the Jews, and the Christians, specifically, and unambiguously, commanded the complete genocide of an entire race.

    So, Christians are left with 2 options:

    1 - The entire Bible is the true, and accurate word of God, and is a true, and accurate history of "God's People", in whjich case they must admit that they worship a God who is genocidal, and ordered the murder of children, and infants, or

    2 - The Bible - or, at least the Old Testament - is not a true, and accurate record, and is "open to interpretation", in which case it has no real authoritative value as a body of work.
    Thanks from RNG

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,138
    Thanks
    17039

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Why do you keep blaming christians for the genocide which the jews (allegedly) did?
    I didn't blame Christians. I blame their God. Christians insist that the God of the New Testament is the God of the Old Testament. So, you worship the same God. Rev 22:13 - "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Christians have ever maintained that this is meant to indicate that the God of the New Testament is the same God as the Old testament, and that his nature is everlasting, and unchanging.

    Are you now saying that is not the case? Because if it is, then you worship a genocidal God who ordered the massacre of children, and infants. Yes, it may have been the Jews who carried out the order, but it was your. God who issued the order.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,103
    Thanks
    4005

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Not about politics. Purely religion. It's your Bible. It is simple fact that is indisputable. If you accept the Bible to be a true, and accurate account of history, then you worship a God that commanded Genocide, and the slaughter of children, and infants. Period. Full stop. Once you acknowledge, and accept that fact, you have no moral high ground left.
    So you being a hypocrite is Okay? You show you have no grip and reality and only your hate for Christians matters.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,103
    Thanks
    4005

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    No. 1 Sam 15:3 - "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

    The Abrahamic God, specifically, and unambiguously told the Israelites, "If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move...kill it just in case," Now, you, I'm sure, are going to try to explain just how icky, and mean the Amalekites were, and how that means they deserved it. However, "...infant and suckling..." That's, children, infants, and newborns for anyone who is not clear. The God of the Jews, and the Christians, specifically, and unambiguously, commanded the complete genocide of an entire race.

    So, Christians are left with 2 options:

    1 - The entire Bible is the true, and accurate word of God, and is a true, and accurate history of "God's People", in whjich case they must admit that they worship a God who is genocidal, and ordered the murder of children, and infants, or

    2 - The Bible - or, at least the Old Testament - is not a true, and accurate record, and is "open to interpretation", in which case it has no real authoritative value as a body of work.
    Destroy your enemy. Something democrats do not want to happen

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Foundation faces troubling legal, ethical questions
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th September 2016, 07:02 PM
  2. Should Business Be Ethical Or Just Profitable?
    By Devil505 in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11th February 2011, 11:34 PM
  3. That Ethical Democrat Speaker
    By Migi e! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 8th August 2007, 10:04 PM
  4. Pelosi's Democrats most ethical? Right....
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th January 2007, 11:27 AM
  5. Ethical question?
    By conservative in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th August 2006, 08:31 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed