Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
Thanks Tree31Thanks

Thread: Where does this sort of "Chistianity" come from???????

  1. #31
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,350
    Thanks
    23326

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Is rape a "beautiful thing" in your mind? How about FORCING a rape victim to be pregnant until the child can either be safely surgically removed by the control freaks that only seem to care about the UNBORN or the fetus is carried to term, the NATURAL GOD GIVEN signal, that it is time for a fetus to be BORN as a separate individual, called a child, with which the state or the mother can then give away to people who will PROFIT monetarily (oh, yes, they "care" (not about the child, but the BUCKS) from facilitating an adoption.

    It's BS. Until a child is separate from the womb, it is NOT born and until it IS born, it IS a part of the mother and since a fetus is not viable without artificial assistance before a certain time and even at the SCIENTIFICALLY decided time, not totally viable, even WITH artificial assistance. Why don't all the people so worried about "beautiful" unborn fetuses care as much for the children that people actually WANT to have, but cannot afford to feed? Why is it the same people that want to force women to be pregnant against their will, are many of the same people that voted for the guy that just cut off funds for all kinds of people that need assistance and who have "beautiful" children?????

    IT's BS!!
    I think they care about the child in the abstract, but a real child needs certain things both emotional, and material to thrive - at that point, you're on your own, baby. Someone else's financial problem.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    2467

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    It's only about dough for a few. Granted, they are particularly depraved, but still.

    For the rest, it's about hating women. Especially sexually active women. (Notice how men are NEVER described as such?)

    Especially the APEX of evil, sexually active POOR women, who they suspect, ORGASM.

    That's the She-devil they really want to vanquish. Dead from a backroom abortion, hopefully, but if not, at least spat upon by all society.

    That's "Christianity".

    Appealing, ain't it?
    Your twisted views and warped interpretation of Christianity( in this twisted and warped post) reveal much more about you than it does about the Christian faith.

  3. #33
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,658
    Thanks
    10533

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    The only warping and twisting going on here is what you are doing. You cannot declare how others are to act and respond to their faith from an ignorant and skewed perspective.
    More BS!!!!

  4. #34
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    2467

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    I know a lot of people who have faith in a lot of things, including themselves (some perhaps too much so, relative to the "success" of their deeds). Some have faith that no god(s) exist, some do, some seem to put more "faith" in some parts of their "religious/spiritual" reading or taught material and some have faith in other parts. Some people have faith/trust in one another to do the right thing or perhaps in some cases, the devious thing.

    I neither love or hate anyone's faith or spirituality, regardless of what it is about. What does disturb me is when some people seem to believe their "faith/spirituality, should be everyone's and they act on that premise, trying to force everyone else, to live that faith or spirituality. To me and I believe to lots of other people, whatever your faith is, it's yours, not anyone else's unless they might see some merit in sharing it also. Thus while there seems no harm in sharing thoughts about what one personally believes or does not believe or has faith in or not, the harm seems to come when someone thinks I should, essentially, be them. I'm not them and they should stop trying to make me them, against my will. That includes people trying to force me or anyone else, to either "believe" in anyone's god(s) or not believe in any god(s) or anything else for that matter.

    I have a lot of faith in what I would call universal, practical and shared values that transcend all of humanity, no matter the avenue by which they arrived and arrive to our consciousness, through the astute observations, ponderings and conclusions of other who shared the same, about how human beings through the history of human kind, work best as a society/group and what features cause both function and dysfunction of most any society, providing space for the exceptions that occur based on unusual circumstances that make the exceptions reasonable and acceptable.

    Some people seem to think everyone else should either be spirtitual/have faith/attach themselves to an organized faith/religion or think doing so is entirely silly or a waste of time. While I am sure I do get caught up in either/or constructs, for the most part, I don't like them, because I don't know how any human being in the history of humanity or existing today, can know everything and talk about anything with absolute certainty. While we need a certain level of certainty about so many things, to survive, what human is to say god(s) exist or do not exist? So far as I can tell, neither has been proven or disproved beyond a reasonable doubt.

    I prefer to have faith in all those "virtuous" (virtuous because they bring harmony, peace and love, rather than hatred, turmoil and sadness) values that as far as I can see, transcend nearly every human culture, nearly every organized religion and nearly all secular thought or "beliefs". It is my personal thought and some other people join me in this thought, that if all adopted such thoughts, the world would be a better place, BUT I know there are "personal thoughts" or "beliefs" for just about every person on the planet and they likely all vary in some way, large or small, so what I believe in, is not for me to force anyone else to believe in, but perhaps maybe to ponder and see, if in their minds, it is close to what they may believe and perhaps makes sense. If they do, then possibly the chain of similar belief will link more people together in the same beliefs and if people actually live by those beliefs and do not try to FORCE others to have the same belief, then maybe more people will take them up, by choice and the world may become a better place.

    What I see are religious/spiritual/agnostic/atheist/secular/people of all beliefs in too many numbers, claiming to believe in love, peace and harmony out of one side of their mouths then calling to hate. restrict, bar, ban other people, not on the individual (harmful to society) deeds of those people, but on some of group identity. An exception might be a group that defines themselves as engaging in things harmful to society and that does not include claiming to make society better, by poisoning the environment or killing people.

    Anyway, I believe human share a lot more of the same basic desires than one might notice with all the tribal divisions we appear to have broken into, in spite of all the human desires humans share, because they're/we're all human!
    You say this- "What does disturb me is when some people seem to believe their "faith/spirituality, should be everyone's and they act on that premise, trying to force everyone else, to live that faith or spirituality. To me and I believe to lots of other people, whatever your faith is, it's yours, not anyone else's unless they might see some merit in sharing it also. "

    But - When a Christian describes what they believe, you hammer them and start complaining about what they SHOULD believe...and then go into tangents about their faith being forced upon you...at the very same time that you hypocritically tell them how they should practice their faith and live their lives.

    Love does not mean agreement.
    Last edited by carpe diem; 4th April 2017 at 08:46 PM.

  5. #35
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,658
    Thanks
    10533

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    You say this- "What does disturb me is when some people seem to believe their "faith/spirituality, should be everyone's and they act on that premise, trying to force everyone else, to live that faith or spirituality. To me and I believe to lots of other people, whatever your faith is, it's yours, not anyone else's unless they might see some merit in sharing it also. "

    But - When a Christian describes what they believe, you hammer them and start complaining about what they SHOULD believe...and then go into tangents about their faith being forced upon you...at the very same time that you hypocritically tell them how they should practice their faith and live their lives.

    AND you're doing what, but doing just what you are telling me, I "cannot" do? You lack the humility to even THINK abaout ANYTHING, but your own perspective. It's the blatant hypocrisy of those who claim to be Christian then do the exact opposite of what anyone can clearly read of Christ's teachings that has caused observant young people to not buy in to groups of people full of BS. You did not even read, or if you did, did not comprehend what I was saying. There are Christians that live by their believes WITHOUT trying to force others to live by those beliefs and there are "Christians" who someone how feel others should be FORCED to live by THEIR beliefs. No one is FORCING people who do NOT want to terminate their pregnancy, to do so, however, making abortion illegal, is using law to try to FORCE women to be pregnant, against their will. When the same people doing that, TOTALLY IGNORE the greed, gluttony, vanity, dishonesty and adultery of the person they elected to be President, it is HYPOCRISY and if not only a double standard, but multiple "standards" which render all standards meaningless, because only BS lip service is given to them by the same people that want others to adhere to what they will NOT adhere to.

    At some point, a lack of people, who may still believe in a god and Christ, but not in joining hypocritical people and their BS, will hit organized religion in their pocket books. if it were not for Pope Francis calling hypocrites and false teachers out, organized Christianity may be much further eroded than it has been.

    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...der-americans/

    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...owth-of-nones/

    http://www.recklesslyalive.com/12-re...e-over-church/

    http://www.catholicnews.com/services...-pope-says.cfm

    http://www.allaboutgod.com/christian-hypocrisy.htm
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 4th April 2017 at 09:11 PM.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    2467

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    More BS!!!!
    Because you can clearly see the tolerance, love and compassion in the hate filled lying rant...I guess I missed the compassionate and caring liberal traits...buried under all the disdain and hatred for anyone of faith, hatred spewed based solely upon anothers faith.

    So much hate you all completely twisted (to suit your pre conceived notions) what was being said.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    2467

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    AND you're doing what, but doing just what you are telling me, I "cannot" do.
    Really?

    I'm exposing your hypocrisy...I am not telling you how to live. As usual if a Christian won't keep silent and stands up for their beliefs...(will not agree with you) it's hatred. BS

    While you all just hurl hate filled post after hate filled post from a position of complete ignorance.

    What you do not find in anything I've posted is me telling you what you should do...what you will find is me exposing what you are doing. What is this? It's typical liberals complaining about the very behaviors they have perfected.
    Last edited by carpe diem; 4th April 2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Thanks from Spookycolt

  8. #38
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,658
    Thanks
    10533

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Really?

    I'm exposing your hypocrisy...I am not telling you how to live. As usual if a Christian won't keep silent and stands up for their beliefs...(will not agree with you) it's hatred. BS

    While you all just hurl hate filled post after hate filled post from a position of complete ignorance.

    What you do not find in anything I've posted is me telling you what you should do...what you will find is me exposing what you are doing. What is this? It's typical liberals complaining about the very behaviors they have perfected.
    First, try reading and actually COMPREHENDING my posts, instead of being blinded by your own hate. People are NOT hammering Christians for what they believe, they are hammering people who claim to believe in Christ, then appear to totally ignore or act in ways that contradict Christ's main theme and teachings, because the alignment is lacking and so the math that they believe in Christ/God, because of his teachings, does not add up.

    Then, read your own posts, to see what you are doing and quit the BS and attempts to reverse what's plain to see and deflect it off of you...your underwear is showing and all people can see it.

    James 2:14-26 ESV

    "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ..."

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/hypocrisy
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 4th April 2017 at 10:06 PM.

  9. #39
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,658
    Thanks
    10533

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Because you can clearly see the tolerance, love and compassion in the hate filled lying rant...I guess I missed the compassionate and caring liberal traits...buried under all the disdain and hatred for anyone of faith, hatred spewed based solely upon anothers faith.

    So much hate you all completely twisted (to suit your pre conceived notions) what was being said.
    Are you trying to suggest someone can find all kinds of examples of your tolerance, love and compassion in your postings on this website? Are you claiming to follow Christ? If so, where are you doing so?

    Your disdain of "liberals" is what? Tolerance, love and compassion? "Liberals" don't run around talking about, their religious values and how the world has gone to hell and a hand basket because of someone else's sins, they are not supported with great fanfare and publicity by groupings like the "moral majority" (adultery is moral?) or the "Christian Right", they don't boast of their piety, even as they cheat on their spouses and criticize efforts to help people cannot help themselves or need temporary assistance. No, Democrats/liberals are not perfect or more moral, they just don't claim to be something they are NOT. like so many "Christian conservatives" do when they elect someone who admitted to committing adultery, lives a greedy gluttonous lifestyle, is vain and vindictive/vengeful, even as they stand behind the same man they elect and smile as he signs bills that gut efforts to help other human beings.

    If you truly believe that no humans, much less Christ's/God see what is going on, then perhaps you and all others that do so, may find out something different, when you meet your maker, that is, if you even really believe in Christ's/God and just aren't using a claim to be "Christian" as a front for con artistry or a means to LORD over others, to somehow empower yourself, when you otherwise feel powerless.

    No one has problems with Christians who keep their faith and beliefs between themselves and God, because they are NOT in someone else's face about creating secular laws, like making abortion illegal (a law which might be signed by an adulterer (a greedy, gluttonous, vain, vengeful and lying "Christian" in the White House).
    or signed somewhere by someone who voted for an adulterer, (etc. etc.), in order to "satisfy" their "religious" conscience. Many or most of those Christians live according to what they claim are their beliefs. One does not have to have a PhD in language or a theology degree to read and comprehend, even partly, the passages below and compare them to the actions of people who claim to be Christian and who elected someone like our current President and the actions of the current President, and see, they don't align or add up.

    The BS and hypocrisy are palpable.

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/refugees

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/giving

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/enemies

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/narcissism

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/humility

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/adultery
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 4th April 2017 at 10:02 PM.

  10. #40
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    While there seems some practical and common sense and secular reasons to believe in what some human beings wrote about the existence of someone who taught good lessons for humans to live side by side in peace and harmony by (observant people, religious or not, recognize universal values, based on observation of cause and effect and study of the history of humankind), there seems another, almost masochistic and sadistic segment of the human population that seems to think their religions are about forcing other human beings, in cruel ways and lacking any ethic of reciprocity.


    "Oklahoma lawmaker defends pregnancy from rape and incest as ‘beauty from ashes’"

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.82107e7bf75e

    It makes you wonder if people that appear to twist things in these sorts of ways, are trying to defend or justify their own behavior.

    "America Has an Incest Problem"
    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...roblem/272459/

    Women made pregnant by their Uncle Drool Bob aren't going to report their reason for wanting an abortion as "raped by father (brother or uncle)" and why should they suffer carrying the product of a crime within them for 9 months?

    There is another reason some do not like women being able to choose to be pregnant or not.

    "The problem is that adoption is a business, a big business. There is lots of money to be had by those who make their living from the transferring of parental rights from one party to another. If adoption was truly a societal need, then there wouldn’t be such profits to be had."
    The Truth About the Adoption Industry | Adoption & Birth Mothers*
    I believe it's a Hillary Clinton thing. After all she got a rapist off by making the 12-year-old little girl look like a whore that was looking for an older man. And then laugh about doing it during a radio interview.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th December 2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 12:34 AM
  3. Starbucks says "leave your guns at home." Sort of.
    By Davocrat in forum Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 19th September 2013, 05:33 AM
  4. Minot ND deserves some sort of "limbo" award
    By BDBoop in forum Abortion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th July 2013, 06:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed