Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79
Thanks Tree45Thanks

Thread: Daily Prayer

  1. #31
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,688
    Thanks
    24510

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    If all of those people who have innocent children who are starving would only BELIEVE in the Power of Jesus Christ, their mountains (big troubles) would all be lifted and cleared according to their faith. But absent their faith in Jesus Christ their Creator and ONE with God they will continue to starve, most unfortunately and sadly, and will never ameliorate their personal circumstances.

    And we must remember that there is no other person who could do what Jesus could and can do. He healed the sick, drove out demons, turned water into wine, fed five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fish, walked on water, even raised the dead and then resurrected Himself after His own death as was fully documented by those who saw Him do that in His time. Therefore, no prophets, false deities, avatars, Buddhas, etc. can ever match what Jesus Christ did and continues to do. They also did not pay the price for us on the cross as Jesus did. Jesus opened up His arms while on the cross to show just how much He loves us and wants for us to love Him back so that He can continue to help us. It is truly sad however for those who do not believe.

    Christ Is The Answer!
    Wow, just wow. So babies and children are starving because they don't believe and aren't praying? Babies aren't old enough to pray so I then assume you feel their parents are to blame? That would mean God is vindictive and taking it out on innocent babies for something that their parents didn't do. Is that really a kind loving entity? Seriously?

  2. #32
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,844
    Thanks
    30361

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Wow, just wow. So babies and children are starving because they don't believe and aren't praying? Babies aren't old enough to pray so I then assume you feel their parents are to blame? That would mean God is vindictive and taking it out on innocent babies for something that their parents didn't do. Is that really a kind loving entity? Seriously?
    CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Original Sin

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,628
    Thanks
    17277

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Wow, just wow. So babies and children are starving because they don't believe and aren't praying? Babies aren't old enough to pray so I then assume you feel their parents are to blame? That would mean God is vindictive and taking it out on innocent babies for something that their parents didn't do. Is that really a kind loving entity? Seriously?
    Mind-boggling position, isn't it?
    Thanks from Dangermouse and bajisima

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,628
    Thanks
    17277

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Oh, that makes it better. So, this "loving, omnipotent God" isn't even punishing this children with starvation because of anything they, or their parents did, or did not do. Rather he is starving them because of some slight by a couple who lived some 6,000 years ago?!?! Praise God?

  5. #35
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,353
    Thanks
    6726

    From
    Derpville USA
    I cant take it.

  6. #36
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,838
    Thanks
    3927

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Wow, just wow. So babies and children are starving because they don't believe and aren't praying? Babies aren't old enough to pray so I then assume you feel their parents are to blame? That would mean God is vindictive and taking it out on innocent babies for something that their parents didn't do. Is that really a kind loving entity? Seriously?
    Babies and young children are innocents. They cannot fend for themselves. Therefore, it is entirely up to their parents to try to better themselves in order to feed, clothe and educate their children. If the parents thought enough of their children, their own flesh and blood that they brought into the world, they would become productive one way or another or move to a country where they could accomplish that goal. They cannot simply remain complacent and allow their children to starve. But again, God sees everything and in His mercy and kindness He does allow the parents to go elsewhere if they can't find work locally in order to better themselves. The cost of not doing so is quite high especially when it involves children. Yet if it wasn't that way when would parents ever learn how to be truly responsible for their children? God has to set His foot down sometimes with tough love in order to open people's eyes. If people would only understand that this is for their own good they would immediately thank God for the challenge and get on with the business of providing properly for their children.

  7. #37
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,838
    Thanks
    3927

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    You are saying that God can Eradicate the diseases and other calamities but he chooses not to?
    So God would not help some because they don't worship him. What a sick guy that is
    . If were all gods children as you believe, why would he not help all his children. Are you the kind of parent who would not help a child because you don't like his behavior?
    I do not expect an atheist, infidel or heathen to understand the ways of God. God does not place man on Earth so that He can help them all the way through without man working for things and providing for their children during their formative years. God does expect people to worship Him simply because He is our God. People may not want to acknowledge that but inwardly they know that He is God and above all else and everyone else. They know there is a higher power who created them and loves them but that God expects for them to acknowledge Him and Love Him as well and speak to Him through prayer. God Is Good and God Is Love. Pity those who do not rise above their hatred for God to be able to recognize and understand that. Those who are predisposed to blame God for every little thing that happens in life will simply not understand, as I say. That is why it is an exercise in futility to discuss these matters with the aforementioned groups.

  8. #38
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,353
    Thanks
    6726

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Babies and young children are innocents. They cannot fend for themselves. Therefore, it is entirely up to their parents to try to better themselves in order to feed, clothe and educate their children. If the parents thought enough of their children, their own flesh and blood that they brought into the world, they would become productive one way or another or move to a country where they could accomplish that goal. They cannot simply remain complacent and allow their children to starve. But again, God sees everything and in His mercy and kindness He does allow the parents to go elsewhere if they can't find work locally in order to better themselves. The cost of not doing so is quite high especially when it involves children. Yet if it wasn't that way when would parents ever learn how to be truly responsible for their children? God has to set His foot down sometimes with tough love in order to open people's eyes. If people would only understand that this is for their own good they would immediately thank God for the challenge and get on with the business of providing properly for their children.
    You're wrong. Its neither "God's fault" or the parents fault. What are the odds for a family with no resources, moving to another country and reestablishing themselves? I'd say, very small. Good Christian families were wiped out during the great depression. Some who made it to California were shot because they ate an orange without paying for it.

    *Guns dont kill people, governments do.

  9. #39
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,838
    Thanks
    3927

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    You're wrong. Its neither "God's fault" or the parents fault. What are the odds for a family with no resources, moving to another country and reestablishing themselves? I'd say, very small. Good Christian families were wiped out during the great depression. Some who made it to California were shot because they ate an orange without paying for it.

    *Guns dont kill people, governments do.
    No, it isn't God's fault for starvation, sickness, calamities, etc. and I have stated that time and time and again. But everything that happens in life should be an exercise meant to Open Eyes as to what NEEDS to be done and HAS to be done by MAN. God is there to assist man when they initiate action to help themselves. You must surely be familiar with the saying "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves." That is correct. But if a man remains motionless and does not use his hands to pick up a glass of water to quench his thirst and does not pick up food to place into his mouth then it is man's fault, not God's. God has given man hands and tools with which to help himself. If he does not then it is on him and him alone. When man reaches out to God, knowing that he out and of himself is not supreme but that he NEEDS God in order to survive then God is always there to help him along. He will not do everything for him but He will assist man when man asks for His assistance! After all, would you just walk up to a stranger and give that person whom you did not know and who was not asking you for anything One Hundred Dollars? Or even just One Dollar? More than likely you wouldn't. But if you saw him in need and he told you that he was hungry, you might just have a heart to reach into your pocket and provide him with a dollar with which to feed himself.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,628
    Thanks
    17277

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    No, it isn't God's fault for starvation, sickness, calamities, etc. and I have stated that time and time and again. But everything that happens in life should be an exercise meant to Open Eyes as to what NEEDS to be done and HAS to be done by MAN. God is there to assist man when they initiate action to help themselves. You must surely be familiar with the saying "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves." That is correct. But if a man remains motionless and does not use his hands to pick up a glass of water to quench his thirst and does not pick up food to place into his mouth then it is man's fault, not God's. God has given man hands and tools with which to help himself. If he does not then it is on him and him alone. When man reaches out to God, knowing that he out and of himself is not supreme but that he NEEDS God in order to survive then God is always there to help him along. He will not do everything for him but He will assist man when man asks for His assistance! After all, would you just walk up to a stranger and give that person whom you did not know and who was not asking you for anything One Hundred Dollars? Or even just One Dollar? More than likely you wouldn't. But if you saw him in need and he told you that he was hungry, you might just have a heart to reach into your pocket and provide him with a dollar with which to feed himself.
    "God helps those who help themselves," Huh. You know that, not only is that not a biblical principle found anywhere in the Bible, but it is actually contrary to very specific admonitions found within the Bible, right?

    In fact, don't take my word for it, here it is from a Christian pastor:

    Often those who say it are speaking about the poor and it is used as an excuse to avoid helping those in need. Yet many of those who are trapped in poverty cannot escape without the help of others, which is why the Bible consistently calls us to help those in need. In those moments we become God’s means of answering another’s prayers.
    This points to the even more significant falsehood in “God helps those who help themselves.” The very essence of the gospel is that God helps those who cannot help themselves. Christians believe that we cannot save ourselves from the brokenness and alienation from God that we call sin. We are constantly in need of saving, which is why we call Jesus, “Savior.” There is a theological word for God’s willingness to help those who cannot help themselves: we call it GRACE.
    Last edited by Czernobog; 13th April 2017 at 11:11 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The atheist's prayer
    By meridian5455 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th March 2016, 02:59 PM
  2. Prayer
    By sky writer in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 7th September 2013, 10:27 PM
  3. Prayer
    By Ausinus in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 22nd March 2007, 12:25 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed