Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79
Thanks Tree45Thanks

Thread: Daily Prayer

  1. #51
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,109
    Thanks
    2765

    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    God is never sadistic and that's an incontrovertible Fact. He gave each and every person a good brain with which to think with and accomplish much. Whether they do so or not is entirely up to them due to their free will that God has also given to them. Those living in a poor country can use their brain power to help themselves other than to simply fold over and perish. That is not the way of God. God is disappointed to see otherwise good, able-bodied men and women abandon what should be their desire to help their children as well as themselves if they are able. If they are not able to do so then it is up to the government where they live to come in and assist them as is right, just and most proper.
    I'm controverting it. I think your god is sadistic for creating everything exactly as he wanted it, including child molesters, rapists and torturers, and fundamentalists. If he didn't want those things he needn't have created them.

    You have been controverted. It is therefore not incontrovertible. That's just a thing you say, arbitrarily, because of what you like to believe.

  2. #52
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,079
    Thanks
    4033

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    I'm controverting it. I think your god is sadistic for creating everything exactly as he wanted it, including child molesters, rapists and torturers, and fundamentalists. If he didn't want those things he needn't have created them.

    You have been controverted. It is therefore not incontrovertible. That's just a thing you say, arbitrarily, because of what you like to believe.
    I actually feel quite sorry for you, Splan, for having such a hard time with God who created you.

    As for God creating those heinous groups, He created human beings. He did give them life. He also gave them the opportunity to follow Him and do good unto others. And because He cannot interfere with their free will He allowed them to do that which would show them at some point just how wrong they are and perhaps instill serious consequences due to their sins. Consequences such as being incarcerated for breaking not only God's laws but man's as well. But how else would they ever stop their heinous practices and learn the difference if they did not feel a taste of what it means to do things that are contrary to God's teachings? That's why God allows it.

    When men and women step onto a wayward path separated from God and think they are invincible and that there will be no negative consequences they are being the greatest fools mankind will ever know! And I have to actually pity them because they could, at any time they want, turn their life around and become good, decent honorable people. They are sons and daughters of God gone awry but they could amend their ways at any time to better themselves and create a great impression on God with what good they can do for others and how they can turn from sin. It's so worth a try because I know They CAN Do It!

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,687
    Thanks
    20982

    From
    Maryland
    Do you actually think that those of us who do not believe in the supernatural do not know the difference between good and bad? You seem to insult us by accusing us of thinking we are invincible

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,687
    Thanks
    20982

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    So tell me how those little dying babies can use their brains to save themselves from starvation. What would you think of me if I were able to save a child from dying by giving it food but allowed it to die. I bet you would call me cruel. If God is omnipotent why can't he make a little rain so the people don't die of starvation. To say that the people who have lived in this land for generations and were able to survive deserve to die because they didn't make provisions in case of famine and drought. For someone so religious I find it amazing that you can blame innocent people. What about those earthquakes and tsunami's? How do people use that brain that you speak of as they are dying in agony.
    I wrote this above to demo and haven't gotten a response.

  5. #55
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,591
    Thanks
    4000

    From
    Jersey
    The worst thing to happen to all religion is the internet.

    The tower of Babel has been restored..

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,842
    Thanks
    17362

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    God is never sadistic and that's an incontrovertible Fact. He gave each and every person a good brain with which to think with and accomplish much. Whether they do so or not is entirely up to them due to their free will that God has also given to them. Those living in a poor country can use their brain power to help themselves other than to simply fold over and perish. That is not the way of God. God is disappointed to see otherwise good, able-bodied men and women abandon what should be their desire to help their children as well as themselves if they are able. If they are not able to do so then it is up to the government where they live to come in and assist them as is right, just and most proper.
    You certainly do make a habit of stating your fevernt beliefs as if they were facts. You really should lo0 that word - fact -up. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Thanks from Kontrary

  7. #57
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,079
    Thanks
    4033

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You certainly do make a habit of stating your fevernt beliefs as if they were facts. You really should lo0 that word - fact -up. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
    It's too bad you are not able to know and recognize Biblical FACTS when they are presented. But that's your problem. You really should ask God to enlighten you and that also goes for Isalexi who has been placed on my Ignore list and has been notified.
    Last edited by DemoWhip; 15th April 2017 at 02:18 PM.

  8. #58
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    33,204
    Thanks
    30638

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    It's too bad you are not able to know and recognize Biblical FACTS when they are presented. But that's your problem. You really should ask God to enlighten you and that also goes for Isalexi who has been placed on my Ignore list and has been notified.
    How do you define "Biblical FACTS"?

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,842
    Thanks
    17362

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    It's too bad you are not able to know and recognize Biblical FACTS when they are presented. But that's your problem. You really should ask God to enlighten you and that also goes for Isalexi who has been placed on my Ignore list and has been notified.
    Again, just because a book says things are so, doesn't make it sop. Things are so when one is able to objectively demonstrate that they are so.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,842
    Thanks
    17362

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    How do you define "Biblical FACTS"?
    Oh! That's easy: "The Bible says it, so its a fact". Have fun with that one...
    Thanks from Kontrary

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The atheist's prayer
    By meridian5455 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th March 2016, 02:59 PM
  2. Prayer
    By sky writer in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 7th September 2013, 10:27 PM
  3. Prayer
    By Ausinus in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 22nd March 2007, 12:25 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed