Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79
Thanks Tree45Thanks

Thread: Daily Prayer

  1. #61
    The Pundit DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,956
    Thanks
    3524

    From
    In Your Heart!

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Again, just because a book says things are so, doesn't make it sop. Things are so when one is able to objectively demonstrate that they are so.
    That is the Anti-Christ stance. You are either with Jesus because you have Him in your heart or you are not and demand proof of Him. God does not simply show Himself unto man just because man wants proof of His existence. If He was to do so everyone would then become an instant believer. Therefore, He allows man, with the wise mind that He gave unto him, to arrive at that conclusion by having faith in his heart and sensing and believing in the Spirit of God when others prefer to remain in and only see darkness.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,871
    Thanks
    20511

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    That is the Anti-Christ stance. You are either with Jesus because you have Him in your heart or you are not and demand proof of Him. God does not simply show Himself unto man just because man wants proof of His existence. If He was to do so everyone would then become an instant believer. Therefore, He allows man, with the wise mind that He gave unto him, to arrive at that conclusion by having faith in his heart and sensing and believing in the Spirit of God when others prefer to remain in and only see darkness.
    So God is playing children's games. I am not going to tell my daughter I am her mother because then she would become an instant believer.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,634
    Thanks
    16745

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    That is the Anti-Christ stance. You are either with Jesus because you have Him in your heart or you are not and demand proof of Him. God does not simply show Himself unto man just because man wants proof of His existence. If He was to do so everyone would then become an instant believer. Therefore, He allows man, with the wise mind that He gave unto him, to arrive at that conclusion by having faith in his heart and sensing and believing in the Spirit of God when others prefer to remain in and only see darkness.
    What utter nonsense. There is nothing "wise" about willingly abandoning reason, and calling it "wisdom". That is juvenile, and silly. The 8-year-old believes in Santa Claus because it is easy to believe in fairy tales at 8-years-old. But a grown man needs to see the flying reindeer, and the fat guy with the sack of toys, or he will conclude that Santa Claus does not exist. Yet, you want us to treat God exactly this way, and pretend that it is "wisdom" to choose to act so irrationally.

    Sorry. I am a man of wisdom, reason, and logic. You want someone to believe in fairy tales, and myths, find a child, or, at least someone who thinks like a child.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,871
    Thanks
    20511

    From
    Maryland
    He is asking to suspend all logical thinking to satisfy a need for a daddy in the sky.
    Thanks from Czernobog

  5. #65
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,836
    Thanks
    2125

    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    I actually feel quite sorry for you, Splan, for having such a hard time with God who created you.

    As for God creating those heinous groups, He created human beings. He did give them life. He also gave them the opportunity to follow Him and do good unto others. And because He cannot interfere with their free will He allowed them to do that which would show them at some point just how wrong they are and perhaps instill serious consequences due to their sins. Consequences such as being incarcerated for breaking not only God's laws but man's as well. But how else would they ever stop their heinous practices and learn the difference if they did not feel a taste of what it means to do things that are contrary to God's teachings? That's why God allows it.
    You don't have to feel sad for me because I can't see your imaginary friend.

    God can interfere with whatever he wants because he's all powerful and perfect. He also knows everything. He created every child molester and set them on the path that he knew would lead them to become child molesters. This is your god we're talking about, though, not mine.

    Mine doesn't do this kind of sadistic shit.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,871
    Thanks
    20511

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    You don't have to feel sad for me because I can't see your imaginary friend.

    God can interfere with whatever he wants because he's all powerful and perfect. He also knows everything. He created every child molester and set them on the path that he knew would lead them to become child molesters. This is your god we're talking about, though, not mine.

    Mine doesn't do this kind of sadistic shit.
    His response will be that God gave the child molester free will. I wonder if God gave the child free will to be molested?

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,634
    Thanks
    16745

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    His response will be that God gave the child molester free will. I wonder if God gave the child free will to be molested?
    And therein lies the problem with "free Will", and an "Omniscient God". The two can't exist simultaneously. Either, God already knows what you are going to do, which means that your actions were pre-destined, and there is no free will, or God gave you free will, and therefore does not know, and cannot control what you do, and is, therefore, not omniscient, nor omnipowerful. There are things that he does not know, and cannot control.

    You can't have both. Not rationally. It is just another example of religion demanding that people intentionally, and willfully suspend their reason, and logic in order to accept the impossibilities of religion.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,803
    Thanks
    4658

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    The picture you have presented contains the Devil's words. They will lie and attempt to drive believers away from God. It will not work, however. What we know as truth is deep in our heart and soul and shall never be destroyed.
    Religious myths such as those seek to obviate discussion and control societies. Whenever people dissent, you pass them off as blasphemers.

    Dogma will always be slavery and will never reform humanity. We progress and discover truth from the bottom up, not the top down. Dogma is entirely orders from the top down.
    Last edited by Michael J; 18th April 2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  9. #69
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,803
    Thanks
    4658

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    That is the Anti-Christ stance. You are either with Jesus because you have Him in your heart or you are not and demand proof of Him. God does not simply show Himself unto man just because man wants proof of His existence. If He was to do so everyone would then become an instant believer. Therefore, He allows man, with the wise mind that He gave unto him, to arrive at that conclusion by having faith in his heart and sensing and believing in the Spirit of God when others prefer to remain in and only see darkness.
    You, more top-down dogma that you can't question.

    I am no Satanist. Confucius was way smarter than LaVey. But the anti-Christ in your quote above sounds pretty brainy.

  10. #70
    The Pundit DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,956
    Thanks
    3524

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    What utter nonsense. There is nothing "wise" about willingly abandoning reason, and calling it "wisdom". That is juvenile, and silly. The 8-year-old believes in Santa Claus because it is easy to believe in fairy tales at 8-years-old. But a grown man needs to see the flying reindeer, and the fat guy with the sack of toys, or he will conclude that Santa Claus does not exist. Yet, you want us to treat God exactly this way, and pretend that it is "wisdom" to choose to act so irrationally.

    Sorry. I am a man of wisdom, reason, and logic. You want someone to believe in fairy tales, and myths, find a child, or, at least someone who thinks like a child.
    So, in all of your "wisdom", sometimes I wish I could be beamed a "live shot" of you at your judgment when you see that God is real! What will you say then? And if you were not saved, what will you do then? Too late at that point.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The atheist's prayer
    By meridian5455 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th March 2016, 01:59 PM
  2. Prayer
    By sky writer in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 7th September 2013, 09:27 PM
  3. Prayer
    By Ausinus in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 21st March 2007, 11:25 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed