Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 321 to 327 of 327
Thanks Tree136Thanks

Thread: Are you going to hell? Heaven not hell for for me, yes, Heaven bound with Jesus

  1. #321
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,860
    Thanks
    7701

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    I believe the universe had a beginning but I just don't understand it. Science hasn't advanced enough. But you don't understand the beginning so you created an invisible man in the sky who went poof and everything fell into place.
    1 God is not a man.
    2. Prove that the Universe was created in a cosmic accident.

    A. I you cannot prove it then YOUR FAITH IS NO MORE ENLIGHTENED THAN HIS.
    B. Get back to me when you prove it was an Accident.
    C. I am sure he will get back to you if he proves there is really a creator of the universe.

    you are basing your thinking on FAITH.. He is basing his beliefs on FAITH.

    So instead of bashing his faith, don't take your lack of assurance in your faith out on the assurance he has in his faith.
    Last edited by TNVolunteer73; 27th April 2017 at 06:25 PM.

  2. #322
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,552
    Thanks
    17247

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    1 God is not a man.
    2. Prove that the Universe was created in a cosmic accident.
    You have that backwards. Scientists/Atheists do not claim, definitively, that the universe came into existence by "cosmic accident". When asked, "How did the universe come into being?" a scientist answers, "I don't know, but we're sure doing our best to find out,"

    When you claim that "God created the universe," as a definitive statement, then you are making two different affirmative claims that you are then required to prove:
    A. God exists.
    B. God created the universe
    The null position is the default - "God does not exist". It is incumbent upon those who claim the affirmative to provide demonstrable, objective evidence to support that claim.

    My statement that God does not exist, and, therefore, could not have created the universe is not a statement of faith. It is simply the null position, still awaiting objective, demonstrable evidence to the contrary.

    Do you have that evidence to present?

  3. #323
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    82,323
    Thanks
    21655

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You have that backwards. Scientists/Atheists do not claim, definitively, that the universe came into existence by "cosmic accident". When asked, "How did the universe come into being?" a scientist answers, "I don't know, but we're sure doing our best to find out,"

    When you claim that "God created the universe," as a definitive statement, then you are making two different affirmative claims that you are then required to prove:
    A. God exists.
    B. God created the universe
    The null position is the default - "God does not exist". It is incumbent upon those who claim the affirmative to provide demonstrable, objective evidence to support that claim.

    My belief that God does not exist, and, therefore, could not have create4d the universe is not a statement of faith. It is simply the null position, still awaiting objective, demonstrable evidence to the contrary.

    Do you have that evidence to present?
    It's one or the other. Either there was a guiding force behind creation or there wasn't. If it wasn't something done intentionally then creation would be, by definition, an accident.

  4. #324
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,860
    Thanks
    7701

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You have that backwards. Scientists/Atheists do not claim, definitively, that the universe came into existence by "cosmic accident". When asked, "How did the universe come into being?" a scientist answers, "I don't know, but we're sure doing our best to find out,"

    When you claim that "God created the universe," as a definitive statement, then you are making two different affirmative claims that you are then required to prove:
    A. God exists.
    B. God created the universe
    The null position is the default - "God does not exist". It is incumbent upon those who claim the affirmative to provide demonstrable, objective evidence to support that claim.

    My belief that God does not exist, and, therefore, could not have create4d the universe is not a statement of faith. It is simply the null position, still awaiting objective, demonstrable evidence to the contrary.

    Do you have that evidence to present?
    No the null positions "Does God exist, or not"

    And Yes, you are basing your assumption based on faith.. Faith that there isn't a God to create" (you might be right, but then again you may be incorrect) that is why It is faith, I have mine faith your have your faith.

    I could be right that there is a God that created, the universe and I could be worshiping the wrong God. Muslims Hindi or Buddhist could be correct, or even the Pastafinarians.

    You see I don't make fun or downplay others faith for that reason.

    IMO it takes more faith to believe there is NO creator.

  5. #325
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,552
    Thanks
    17247

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    It's one or the other. Either there was a guiding force behind creation or there wasn't. If it wasn't something done intentionally then creation would be, by definition, an accident.
    Simply because it was not done by an intelligent operator, does not, automatically, mean that it was a random accident. The universe operates on certain, fundamental principles of physics. Thus, even without an intelligence involved, it need not be random. That is the point of the quantum cycle mathematics. It demonstrates that it is possible that the universe, far from being random, actually follows specific mathematical progressions from expansion to contraction to expansion.

    However, even were your false dichotomy accurate, it would still not alter the fact that, "There is no God" is the default null position of science, and in order to move from that position requires demonstrable, objective evidence to the contrary.

    Do you have such evidence to present?

  6. #326
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,552
    Thanks
    17247

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    No the null positions "Does God exist, or not"
    Wrong. The term "null hypothesis" is a general statement or default position that there is no relationship between two measured phenomena, or no association among groups. It isn't a question, it is a stated position in the negative. It presumes the negative. The process is then to present evidence to either confirm, or disprove that negative. It's basic scientific method.

    The default position is, "There is no God". Do you have demonstrable, objective evidence to support abandoning that position?

  7. #327
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,552
    Thanks
    17247

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Notice how it always comes down to that? When the rational, and reasonable ask for objective evidence to support the myths, the religious simply shut up, and slink away.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 122
    Last Post: 29th May 2015, 07:06 AM
  2. In general, according to Christian dogma, do Jews go to Heaven or Hell?
    By GordonGecko in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 18th September 2013, 10:26 AM
  3. anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven and hell
    By eastcoast40nc in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4th December 2007, 12:10 PM
  4. The cycle between Hell , Earth , Heaven and Abode of God
    By dattaswami in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th June 2007, 07:16 PM
  5. anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven and hell
    By eastcoast40nc in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th June 2007, 10:00 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed