Members banned from this thread: Czernobog


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Christianity is just a repackaging of older myths

  1. #11
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,694
    Thanks
    9679

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Facts your pastors don't mention or want you to know.

    1280 B.C.E., Egyptian Book of the Dead:


    Horus is the son of the god Osiris. He was born to a virgin mother. Was baptized in a river by Anup the Baptizer, who was later beheaded. Horus was tempted in the desert. He healed the sick, the blind, cast out demons, and walked on water. He had 12 disciples. Raised Asar from the dead, Asar translates to Lazarus. Horus was crucified. Three days later, two women announced that Horus, the savior of humanity, lol, had been resurrected.


    You may also want to check out Krishna and Mithra, all before Jesus, same stories. Christianity is not original, just a rerun.

    Let the accusations of "Christian hater" begin...
    Obama's opponents wanted someone to believe that, according to Obama supporters, Obama was a God. Now that Trump is President, even Trump says he could shoot someone in broad daylight on fifth avenue and not lose any supporters.......So far.....some of his supporters appear to be headed toward proving that as they haven't yet flinched about anything Trump has done.

    Trump is the neo Messiah..... according to some.....so far...

  2. #12
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    48,174
    Thanks
    8992

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Except that the Egyptina version predates the Cnhristian version by over a thousand years. That's not validation, it is plagiarism.
    Is it plagiarism when we copy the story of the Bible for others to read some 2000 years later?

    And the whole time thing with the Bible is suspect at best.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  3. #13
    Senior Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,680
    Thanks
    1913

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Except that the Egyptina version predates the Cnhristian version by over a thousand years. That's not validation, it is plagiarism.
    Yes, and in Christianity you end a prayer with amen... I've read the Egyptians would say amenra (as in the God ra).

    But, that also assumes that we have the correct historical timeline, and there are some anomalies, like the water erosion on the Sphinx, which suggests it was built roughly 12000 years ago.

    So, if the events DID occur, but they happened much earlier than is currently accepted (even though gobekli tepi (sp?) shows that humans were building stone monuments as early as 16000 years ago, and for some reason THAT one was buried), then what does that mean for the arguments?

    (Btw, I'm not religious, though I've read a good number of the ancient texts)

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Is it plagiarism when we copy the story of the Bible for others to read some 2000 years later?

    And the whole time thing with the Bible is suspect at best.
    It is if you don't give credit to the source, change the names, and alter some incidents, and try to pretend that it is a new story. Yeah. That is the very definition of plagiarism.

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Yes, and in Christianity you end a prayer with amen... I've read the Egyptians would say amenra (as in the God ra).

    But, that also assumes that we have the correct historical timeline, and there are some anomalies, like the water erosion on the Sphinx, which suggests it was built roughly 12000 years ago.

    So, if the events DID occur, but they happened much earlier than is currently accepted (even though gobekli tepi (sp?) shows that humans were building stone monuments as early as 16000 years ago, and for some reason THAT one was buried), then what does that mean for the arguments?

    (Btw, I'm not religious, though I've read a good number of the ancient texts)
    Your observations, with the exception of the very tentative link between "Amen", and "amenra", only helps to confirm my point - that the Egyptian story came long before the Christian story, and the Christian story is just a repackaged, plagiarised version of other, earlier stories.

    To your disclaimer: I, also, am not religious. I simply point out, when, and where I can, the illogical, irrational nature of religion, and the harm it does forcing its adherents to consciously, and willfully suspend their reason, intellect, and logic.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  6. #16
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    29,152
    Thanks
    27250

    From
    United States

    Christianity is just a repackaging of older myths

    So what? The older myths are just a repackaging of even older myths.

    We have no record of the theoretical "original" religion, because religious belief existed among humans prior to the development of written language. All religions that exist today are derivatives of religions that existed before them. None is based upon truly original concepts -- not even Scientology.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    So what? The older myths are just a repackaging of even older myths.

    We have no record of the theoretical "original" religion, because religious belief existed among humans prior to the development of written language. All religions that exist today are derivatives of religions that existed before them. None is based upon truly original concepts -- not even Scientology.
    The "So what" is to expose the lie of the Christian insistence that Christianity is "the only true path to righteousness" propaganda that Christians so enjoy beating non-believers over the head with.

  8. #18
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    29,152
    Thanks
    27250

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    The "So what" is to expose the lie of the Christian insistence that Christianity is "the only true path to righteousness" propaganda that Christians so enjoy beating non-believers over the head with.
    Well... It's been done before.

    I doubt that you'll rationally argue anyone out of a belief that was not arrived at rationally to begin with. Every devout follower of a religious tradition believes that they possess the one true truth. Otherwise, they'd have chosen a different religion.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,265
    Thanks
    15762

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Well... It's been done before.

    I doubt that you'll rationally argue anyone out of a belief that was not arrived at rationally to begin with. Every devout follower of a religious tradition believes that they possess the one true truth. Otherwise, they'd have chosen a different religion.
    And you have just hit on the true danger of religion - is that it convinces people to consciously, and willfully suspend reason, and logic, and pretend that it is a rational decision.

  10. #20
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    132

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Oh! Not just the Christian religion. I speak out against ... other theistic religion as well. They are equally irrational, and illogical.
    You are irrational and without logic. Atheism is a belief. It's rebound (religion) is to deny any form of spirituality. Socrates for example denied the existence of knowledge too. Let me say human beings are normally spiritual believers and supposing knowers. We celebrate and work, we pray and test hypothesis's. We respect and enjoy the world which god made. We are responsible - and free. But what's your own not existing world ? Where do you like to live. In a sadomasochistic dictatorship of mind? What do you suggest instead to be a spiritual and mindful explorer? To be senseless aggressor? To be powerful denier? To be destructor of the world[s] - or to be a bubble gummer? Where's your own perspective? Do you not speak about your own perspective because you live in the fear an aggressive idiot could attack your own imaginations? You are attacking others with empty hands. You take and destroy but you don't give and construct. The big fish east the little fish. That's all what you say. By the way: The biggest fish eat plankton and not fish.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 16th April 2017 at 07:55 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed