Members banned from this thread: Czernobog


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Christianity is just a repackaging of older myths

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,647
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    You are irrational and without logic. Atheism is a belief.
    Sure, but it is a belief based on objective, observable evidence, kinda like gravity. I believe gravity exists. Why do I believe this? Because I see objective, observable evidence of its existence. Now, present me with objective, observable evidence that God exists, and I will happily revise my position on that.

  2. #22
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    165

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Sure, but it is a belief based on objective, observable evidence, kinda like gravity. I believe gravity exists. Why do I believe this? Because I see objective, observable evidence of its existence. Now, present me with objective, observable evidence that God exists, and I will happily revise my position on that.
    God made existence. I wonder why your ancestors felt not from a tree so you survived. God's will? I have to accept this and not to correct his will. But no one has any idea about what gravity really is and how to build a bridge from gravity to the three other more or less unkown forces - while you know everything what to know about gravity. We know for example very well that our concepts of time and space are wrong if we watch the identity of entangled particles. So if we are even able to be wrong in such elementary structures of our own perception - what for heavens sake gives you your unbelievable idiotic aggressive arrogance? Drugs? If you don't understand something then ask - if you are not satisfied with the answers which you are able to get, then try to find an own answer. No one forces you to believe anything. If a pretzel baker makes good pretzels - what has this to do with an evidence of the existence of god? Ask the baker. And if someone poisons not millions of people although he could earn a lot of money by doing so, then this is able to have to do with the żnot żnot? existing? god. Our father. The god of love who is the love self - the true god who is the truth self - the all mighty god who is all might self ...



    Last edited by zaangalewa; 16th April 2017 at 10:29 PM.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,647
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    God made existence. I wonder why your ancestors felt not from a tree so you survived. God's will? I have to accept this and not to correct his will. But no one has any idea about what gravity really is and how to build a bridge from gravity to the three other more or less unkown forces - while you know everything what to know about gravity? We know for example very well that our concepts of time and space are wrong if we watch the identity of entangled particles. So if we are even able to be wrong in such elementary structures of our own perception - what for heavens sake gives you your unbelievable idiotic aggressive arrogance? Drugs? If you don't understand something then ask - if you are not satisfied with the answers which you are able to get, then try to find an own answer. No one forces you to believe anything. If a pretzel baker makes good pretzels - what has this to do with an evidence of the existence of god? Ask the baker. And if someone poisons not millions of people although he could earn a lot of money by doing so, then this is able to have to do with the żnot żnot? existing? god. Our father. The god of love who is the love self - the true god who is the truth self - the all mighty god who is all might self ...
    Now you're just babbling, and being insulting. I didn't insult you, so why do you need to insult me? My position is very simple. It is the null position. A thing does not exist until there is objective, observable evidence to contradict the Null position. There is no God. Until such time as someone presents me with objective, observable evidence to the contrary, I will maintain the null position. That isn't aggression, or arrogance; it is a simple, rational position. You getting upset, and insulting me because you are not able to present me with rational evidence to the contrary of my position does not move me from my position. If you, or anyone else, wishes to move me from my position, then simple provide me with objective, observable evidence to the contrary. Facts trump faith. Period.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  4. #24
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    165

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Sure, but it is a belief based on objective, observable evidence ...
    Atheism is a spiritual belief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Now you're just babbling, and being insulting. I didn't insult you, so why do you need to insult me? ...
    You are not insulted. And you know this. Nevertheless you say what you say here. Why? Don't answer me please. Answer god.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 16th April 2017 at 10:54 PM.

  5. #25
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    165

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    ... My position is very simple. ...
    That's true. The question is whether it is to simple. You are not right because you say others are wrong. And you don't have good ideas because the ideas of others are in your eyes not good ideas.

    ... That isn't aggression, or arrogance; it is a simple, rational position....
    If you don't like our shoes, why do you just simple not buy it? No one forces you to go in our moccasins.

    All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. It is no mere chance that our older universities developed from clerical schools. Both churches and universities — insofar as they live up to their true function — serve the ennoblement of the individual. They seek to fulfill this great task by spreading moral and cultural understanding, renouncing the use of brute force.
    The essential unity of ecclesiastical and secular institutions was lost during the 19th century, to the point of senseless hostility. Yet there was never any doubt as to the striving for culture. No one doubted the sacredness of the goal. It was the approach that was disputed.

    Albert Einstein

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 17th April 2017 at 01:11 AM.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,647
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    Atheism is a spiritual belief.
    No. It's not. there s no such thing as a "spiritual" belief. That's just ridiculous. You keep wanting to make atheism the equivalent of your irrational believe in a supernatural entity that you cannot provide any rational evidence for the existence. It's not. You can claim that atheism is a theological position. What you cannot claim is that atheism is a religion, or that there is anything "spiritual" about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    You are not insulted. And you know this. Nevertheless you say what you say here. Why? Don't answer me please. Answer god.
    You called me arrogant, and aggressive, implied it would have been better if I didn't exist, then questioned whether, or not I am on drugs. Yes, I am insulted. So, do feel free to piss off. And now you are presuming to tell me how I do, and do not feel! So, do feel free to piss off some more. And why would I answer your imaginary God? Your imaginary God didn't offend me; you did.

  7. #27
    Junior Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    165

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    No. It's not. there s no such thing as a "spiritual" belief. That's just ridiculous.
    Atheism is a spiritual belief. You believe nature was made from not-god, for example. You don't know why something exists at all. You believe this has nothing to do with spirituality.

    You keep wanting to make atheism the equivalent of your irrational believe in a supernatural entity that you cannot provide any rational evidence for the existence. It's not. You can claim that atheism is a theological position. What you cannot claim is that atheism is a religion,
    I don't believe in the existence or not-existence of god - I believe in god, the creator of all existence. God is not a beagle under my loupe. By the way: the nose of dogs is really a very beautiful wonder in god's creation.

    You called me arrogant, and aggressive, implied it would have been better if I didn't exist, then questioned whether, or not I am on drugs. Yes, I am insulted. So, do feel free to piss off. And now you are presuming to tell me how I do, and do not feel! So, do feel free to piss off some more. And why would I answer your imaginary God? Your imaginary God didn't offend me; you did.

    "Arrogant" because your underestimate the knowledge of others and overestimate the same time the real existing possibilities of all mankind and "aggressive" because you discriminate everyone who shares not your belief.

    implied it would have been better if I didn't exist,
    This I did not say. I said: "God made existence. I wonder why your ancestors felt not from a tree so you survived. God's will? I have to accept this and not to correct his will."

    then questioned whether, or not I am on drugs. Yes, I am insulted.
    You are not. Perhaps you would be insulted if I would be a Muslim and start to sharpen my sword. But you can live within millions of Christians without any danger for you and your life.

    So, do feel free to piss off.


    And now you are presuming to tell me how I do, and do not feel! So, do feel free to piss off some more. And why would I answer your imaginary God? Your imaginary God didn't offend me; you did.
    You should answer god because some things make more sense if you speak with god about. It makes for example not a big sense to try to tell god a lie.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 17th April 2017 at 02:54 AM.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22628

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    Atheism is a spiritual belief.
    So is NOT collecting butterflies a "hobby"?
    Thanks from Czernobog

  9. #29
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22628

    From
    VA
    "Half-god/Half-human Son of the Father-God" or "A god himself"......"born of a virgin"....."capable of healing the sick"...."capable of turning water into wine"......"died and returned to life."


    Greco-Roman demi-gods (Perseus, Jason, Hercules)....Dionysus/Bacchus......Eros/Cupid.......Osiris

    All pre-dating the Story of Jesus by 1000 years.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,647
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    Atheism is a spiritual belief. You believe nature was made from not-god, for example. You don't know why something exists at all. You believe this has nothing to do with spirituality.
    Once again, atheism is spiritual like clear is a colour. You either don't understand the concept of atheism, or you are intentionally trying to assign it a component that does not exist so that you can claim that atheists work on "faith" just like theists. It doesn't work that way.



    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    I don't believe in the existence or not-existence of god - I believe in god, the creator of all existence. God is not a beagle under my loupe. By the way: the nose of dogs is really a very beautiful wonder in god's creation.
    I we have more evidence of your irrationality. "I don't believe God exists, but I believe in God". Hey genius, you can't "believe in" something, without first believing in its existence. Logic. Try using some.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    "Arrogant" because your underestimate the knowledge of others and overestimate the same time the real existing possibilities of all mankind
    That would be you, not me. I happily admit that there are things I don't know. And my response to those things is "Let's find out". You claim there is nothing that you do not know, because anything you don't understand, the answer is, "God". But, you see, insisting in the existence of a supernatural be3ing without evidence is not :knowledge"; it is willfully suspending one's reason, and intellect.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    and "aggressive" because you discriminate everyone who shares not your belief.
    So, revealing the tru8th about religion is "discrimination,", now? You have some really unusual definitions of words.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    This I did not say. I said: "God made existence. I wonder why your ancestors felt not from a tree so you survived. God's will? I have to accept this and not to correct his will."
    ...implying that the world would have been better ha "my ancestors fell from a tree". As I said, suggesting that it would have been better had I not existed.



    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    You are not. Perhaps you would be insulted if I would be a Muslim and start to sharpen my sword. But you can live within millions of Christians without any danger for you and your life.
    Okay, jackass. You don't get to tell me how I do, and do not feel. You are not me. You do not know what is in my head. When I tell you I am insulted, then the correct response is not to tell me how I feel, but to fucking apologise, and, perhaps, let me know that insulting me was not your intention. Feel free to fuck off with that telling me how I feel bullshit.
    Thanks from Isalexi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed