Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117
Thanks Tree40Thanks

Thread: What's so 'good' about Good Friday?

  1. #91
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,477
    Thanks
    4537

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    God provided a path back to him after he chose to separate himself from God. The answer is Jesus. He died on the cross for the sins of humanity that caused the separation. By confessing Jesus as Lord and repenting of those sins you fall in alignment with God again as he intended.
    Those are just arguments by assertion.

    In rational inquiry, you move from the bottom up. You observe, test, and confirm.

    No one can verify any of your rebarbative sermon above with rational inquiry. Occult churches deposited that information into your brain, and you sat and let them condition you though patterns and reflexes.

    This is precisely why dogma will always be slavery and it will never reform humanity.
    Last edited by Michael J; 17th April 2017 at 09:21 PM.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  2. #92
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,123
    Thanks
    2698

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Who's talking about Methodological Naturalism? I'm talking about history. You need to reread my words.

    In history, if something wasn't written when it happened, it's called a secondary source, or scholarly research. But scholarly research must be based on primary sources: records and materials that were produced at the time. If I wrote an essay about the Watergate burglary, I'd use the court records where the judge ordered Tricky Dick to hand over his tapes, or records of the U. S. Senate investigations.

    Josephus' one brief, sporadic paragraph about Christ's resurrection has no material that he went off of. It's just an argument by assertion.

    The same goes for the Christian Gospels. We can't differentiate them from Game of Thrones.

    Next you're going to tell me Jesus must have rose from the dead because there is no evidence he didn't. That logical fallacy is called an Appeal to Ignorance.

    If Yawheh is the one true God, why can't he write an official bible? Why does he rely on troglodytes in the desert to speak for him. He is omniscient. God could easily come out of the clouds and introduce us to his son. Instead, you feel you feel you must traduce atheists because they doubt your faith. You can't prove the existence of a supernatural puppet master in the sky by vituperating.
    I am going to tell you over 200 witnesses saw Jesus walk the earth after he died and your going to give me some flimsy excuse it didn't happen because an atheist historian wasn't there to write it down. The historians were John and Mathew, they were both eye witnesses, yet you dismiss it.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,477
    Thanks
    4537

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I am going to tell you over 200 witnesses saw Jesus walk the earth after he died and your going to give me some flimsy excuse it didn't happen because an atheist historian wasn't there to write it down. The historians were John and Mathew, they were both eye witnesses, yet you dismiss it.
    You have quite a Non sequitur right there:

    There is no evidence Christ was resurrected.
    There is a passage about Christ in a history book by a Jewish historian.
    That passage is a proven forgery.
    The Holy Bible is a secondary source.
    -------
    Therefore, an atheist historian must write about Jesus in order to convince atheists that he was resurrected.

    Have you been doing drugs again?

    God won't come out of the clouds and tell us he resurrected Christ, and science doesn't indicate humans can rise from the dead.

    The Christian Gospels are secondary sources that don't cite any primary sources. Lack of written records is all the more reason to be skeptical.
    Last edited by Michael J; 17th April 2017 at 11:53 PM.

  4. #94
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,730
    Thanks
    5661

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    How does one go about killing an immortal being?
    Jesus was not "immortal." He was the mortal son of God and as such, he could die.

    Cheers,

    Bourne

  5. #95
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,477
    Thanks
    4537

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Don't worry, your words are all right here on full display
    Now post the part about grocery store employees and you'll see how you deflected, ran away and took words out of context.

  6. #96
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,123
    Thanks
    2698

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    You have quite a Non sequitur right there:

    There is no evidence Christ was resurrected.
    There is a passage about Christ in a history book by a Jewish historian.
    That passage is a proven forgery.
    The Holy Bible is a secondary source.
    -------
    Therefore, an atheist historian must write about Jesus in order to convince atheists that he was resurrected.

    Have you been doing drugs again?

    God won't come out of the clouds and tell us he resurrected Christ, and science doesn't indicate humans can rise from the dead.

    The Christian Gospels are secondary sources that don't cite any primary sources. Lack of written records is all the more reason to be skeptical.
    Atheist have been trying to prove Christ didn't exist or rise from the dead for centuries so they could escape conviction. Telling people they would only believe an outside source written down during the time it happened is just another excuse not to look at the facts. The Bible has tons of eye witness testimonies, that is why they are in the Bible. Duh

  7. #97
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30,483
    Thanks
    28466

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Jesus was not "immortal." He was the mortal son of God and as such, he could die.

    Cheers,

    Bourne
    You don't know much about Christian doctrine, do you?

    Cheers, nonetheless!
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  8. #98
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,477
    Thanks
    4537

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Atheist have been trying to prove Christ didn't exist or rise from the dead for centuries so they could escape conviction. Telling people they would only believe an outside source written down during the time it happened is just another excuse not to look at the facts. The Bible has tons of eye witness testimonies, that is why they are in the Bible. Duh
    Outside, primary sources are how you make historical arguments. I have a Bachelor's degree I history.

    Atheists looked at the actual facts because their reasoning isn't corrupted by religious dogma. You just think he was resurrected because you're not allowed to question your dogma. You're its slave.

  9. #99
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,123
    Thanks
    2698

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Outside, primary sources are how you make historical arguments. I have a Bachelor's degree I history.

    Atheists looked at the actual facts because their reasoning isn't corrupted by religious dogma. You just think he was resurrected because you're not allowed to question your dogma. You're its slave.
    The books of the Bible were included because they speak of the life of Christ. Using your logic if a book about the Civil war including many authors to cover the subject you would not deem them credible because those authors were not historians. Your logic is irrational. You are looking for an excuse to refuse looking at the eye witness evidence because it will show you the truth of the life of Christ

  10. #100
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    145

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Murder is still murder regardless of what you do with the corpse.

    If you're stranded on an island with a pregnant woman and there wasn't anything edible within your reach, would it be okay to slash open the woman's uterus and eat the fetus? That's killing for survival.
    Only because I like to understand what you say here: Do you think to hunt animals and to abort human beings are the same? Both is an extremely perverted form of murder in your eyes?

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 23rd April 2017 at 12:09 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th April 2016, 06:39 PM
  2. Church and State: Should Good Friday be a Government Holiday?
    By ProgressivePatriot in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 6th April 2016, 11:10 AM
  3. ISIS crucifies Catholic priest on Good Friday'
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 29th March 2016, 02:02 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15th September 2014, 05:46 PM
  5. Good Friday
    By Zaragrunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th April 2009, 08:47 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed