Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117
Thanks Tree40Thanks

Thread: What's so 'good' about Good Friday?

  1. #111
    Member Iolo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1493

    From
    Rhondda, Cymru
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    I have asked you this question numerous times, and you always run away: Why do you believe the eye witnesses who say Christ was resurrected but you don't believe the eye witnesses who say they saw the Loch Ness Monster? Both those stories are just as unrealistic.

    The probable answer: You're just an Occultist who believes we live in a world of magic, and what you think you know is from top-down dogma that was dictated to you by codified words.
    Very few people, actually, claim to have seen the Loch Ness monster, and as far as I know their opinions on theology and the occult were entirely normal, nor has belief in the Monster spread fast enough to change whole societies or caused people to be prepared to die in very large numbers. The difficulty nowadays tends to be that so many posters, having given up their original fundamentalism, now believe anything at all that opposes it. Undue credulity, I think, is an evil in itself.
    Last edited by Iolo; 25th April 2017 at 04:30 AM.

  2. #112
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,297
    Thanks
    19628

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Plural linking verbs are used with either plural subjects or objects. Your sentence should read "There were no newspapers and no books written."

    There weren't any written publications, yet somehow one brief, sporadic paragraph about Christ ended up in one of the few living historians' books. That is definitely a forgery.

    Lack of written records is all the more reason to be skeptical. Larry tells me he deposited 500 dollars into his bank account, then the bank burns down. Why should I believe he deposited 500 dollars?
    Remember the game telephone? You sat in a circle and the first person whispered a sentence into the next person's ear and it went around, by the end the last person said something totally unrelated.

  3. #113
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,297
    Thanks
    19628

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Actually i did see Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan Lake in Canada once. Looks like the Loch Ness monster. i believe those sightings. I was water skiing and fell out in the middle of the lake. while I was in the water over a half mile from shore I heard a big slap on the water nearby and it wasn't a small fish, it sounded like a whale slap.
    Following Christ is not a world of magic, he is very real. You just don't understand, so you lash out in anger with what you don't know.
    You also believe your back got better because of Jesus. We who do not believe are not angry, you are angry because we don't believe. You heard a noise in the middle of a lake......you don't know what it was....therefore it was Jesus.
    I heard a noise in my house...I didn't know what it was..therefore it was George Clooney
    Thanks from HadEnough2

  4. #114
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,368
    Thanks
    2671

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    You also believe your back got better because of Jesus. We who do not believe are not angry, you are angry because we don't believe. You heard a noise in the middle of a lake......you don't know what it was....therefore it was Jesus.
    I heard a noise in my house...I didn't know what it was..therefore it was George Clooney
    there is videos of Ogopogo, but don't let that influence you. I don't care whether you believe my back was healed or not. Denying it happened is your loss of knowing of a miracle performed by God. I enjoyed having a healthy , productive life, rather then one in a wheel chair.

  5. #115
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,943
    Thanks
    8447

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    there is videos of Ogopogo, but don't let that influence you. I don't care whether you believe my back was healed or not. Denying it happened is your loss of knowing of a miracle performed by God. I enjoyed having a healthy , productive life, rather then one in a wheel chair.
    I'm glad God chose to heal your back. I mean God forbid he heal the 17,000 children that die each day from malnutrition. He obviously has his priorities. You must just be special.


  6. #116
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,368
    Thanks
    2671

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by HadEnough2 View Post
    I'm glad God chose to heal your back. I mean God forbid he heal the 17,000 children that die each day from malnutrition. He obviously has his priorities. You must just be special.

    You doing anything to feed the starving?

  7. #117
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    968
    Thanks
    140

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    I have asked you this question numerous times, and you always run away: Why do you believe the eye witnesses who say Christ was resurrected but you don't believe the eye witnesses who say they saw the Loch Ness Monster? ...
    The eye witness of a woman in the times of Jesus was less worth than an eye witness of any man who saw whatever kind of monster whenever and where ever in the world. Men are great in seeing (and being) monsters. So the question is perhaps why not to believe in strong men but to believe in weak women. The simple reason: We are this weak women on our own. We go to his grave - and we forget the stone - we are to weak to move it - so we have no chance to do what we like to do - but we continue to go to the grave, because we love Jesus and we want do him this last favor to beautify his dead body. And we are lucky: The stone is not on his place: the grave is open. Now we can do what we liked to do. But what do we have to hear? Jesus is not on his place, where we expected him to be. We may not say "Good bye" to him. Someone sits there and says to us "He's not any longer here. He is risen.". Strange. He is not dead any longer? .... "He is truly risen". ... What else to tell, when we'll come back? Sure they'll think we are now totally crazy. ...

    And what do you say why the men called this creature in Loch Ness "monster"? What did do this animal of desire to justify this name?

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 26th April 2017 at 12:47 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th April 2016, 06:39 PM
  2. Church and State: Should Good Friday be a Government Holiday?
    By ProgressivePatriot in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 6th April 2016, 11:10 AM
  3. ISIS crucifies Catholic priest on Good Friday'
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 29th March 2016, 02:02 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15th September 2014, 05:46 PM
  5. Good Friday
    By Zaragrunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th April 2009, 08:47 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed