Members banned from this thread: zaangalewa


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: Interesting question...

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,567
    Thanks
    17250

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Czernobog,

    Yes, I am sure about that.
    Sooo...God apparently likes his worshippers confused, and hating each other? That is your "God of Love"? Really????

  2. #32
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,516
    Thanks
    6649

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    So, again, the same God gave two different groups two entirely different visions of who he is? Doesn't that seem a bit counter-productive for an allegedly all-knowing being with an intelligence beyond imagining?

    the way i see it ... it was different men giving their own versions of that they themselves believe. "god" didnt give anyone anything... Man GIVES "god" the all knowing and intelligent markers. "god" is mans constructed excuse for not understanding, knowing or the inability to explain.

    not so different from charles manson.... they had followers. And then more fools follow.
    Thanks from Czernobog

  3. #33
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,516
    Thanks
    6649

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Sooo...God apparently likes his worshippers confused, and hating each other? That is your "God of Love"? Really????
    men hate each other... and each needs god on THEIR side. They will write their god to be the only one.
    Thanks from Czernobog

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,567
    Thanks
    17250

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    the way i see it ... it was different men giving their own versions of that they themselves believe. "god" didnt give anyone anything... Man GIVES "god" the all knowing and intelligent markers. "god" is mans constructed excuse for not understanding, knowing or the inability to explain.

    not so different from charles manson.... they had followers. And then more fools follow.
    Kinda the point I'm leading to...

  5. #35
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,516
    Thanks
    6649

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Kinda the point I'm leading to...
    vaal

    scientology

    god


    all the same... science fiction
    Last edited by syrenn; 1st May 2017 at 11:37 AM.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    2647

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Sooo...God apparently likes his worshippers confused, and hating each other? That is your "God of Love"? Really????
    Mr. Czernobog,

    No, God is kind to his children. The only confusion is from empty souled atheists envious of the peace that people of faith enjoy.

  7. #37
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,771
    Thanks
    5072

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You're back to talking about the dogmatic differences between the religions. I get there are dogmatic differences between the religions, but what I want to know, is do they worship two. Different. Gods. And if they do, what are the differences between the actual divine beings?
    So a god with a split personality is the same as one that is just god?

  8. #38
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,771
    Thanks
    5072

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Czernobog,

    No, God is kind to his children. The only confusion is from empty souled atheists envious of the peace that people of faith enjoy.
    Ever read the old testament? I still think Job got done.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    2647

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Ever read the old testament? I still think Job got done.
    Mr. RNG,

    Yes.

  10. #40
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,771
    Thanks
    5072

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. RNG,

    Yes.
    No comment on how your loving god treated Job?

    And why would your loving god invent a parasite that gets into infant's eyes and blinds them?

    BTW, "god works in mysterious ways" or whatever variation of that you use like "mere man can not understand the ways of the lord" are not sufficient for me.
    Thanks from syrenn

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Last question of the final debate was the best question ever
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 3rd December 2016, 09:33 AM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 24th July 2015, 07:10 AM
  3. Very interesting.
    By samshosho in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st April 2007, 03:35 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed