Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 146
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Younger Americans are moving away from religion

  1. #61
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    As I said incapable of distinguishing between personal, subjective opinion, and objective, demonstrable fact. I'm quite certain that the doctor who performed the surgery on your ruptured disc appreciates your giving God the credit for what he did.

    Never made it to the surgery because God healed me. Baffled them when I did a follow up visit though. God does that to people that think they know everything

  2. #62
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Hillary did not call Religious people deplorable. She called those supporting Trump,who is against everything Religion is supposed to stand for deplorable.and they are,if they can stretch Christianity beliefs into supporting an immoral,lying crook as Religious.
    religious people knew she was for abortion and Gay rights. That put religious people in his camp right off the bat. What was deplorable was the fact she supporting everything religious people were against and they saw it. Trump could have been a child molester and won because she was such a hypocrite

  3. #63
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanks
    2129

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Never made it to the surgery because God healed me. Baffled them when I did a follow up visit though. God does that to people that think they know everything
    I personally know at least 3 people who were told they needed surgery by back surgeons for ruptured disks, who opted not to have surgery and the condition was resolved naturally. PT is sometimes all that is really needed.

    You claim to know what God does to people? You explain to us God's intentions?

    That's insane.

  4. #64
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanks
    2129

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    religious people knew she was for abortion and Gay rights. That put religious people in his camp right off the bat. What was deplorable was the fact she supporting everything religious people were against and they saw it. Trump could have been a child molester and won because she was such a hypocrite
    So the fact that Trump is a known womanizer who divorces his "wives" when he wants a newer model, who says that because he's a star he can grab women by the pussy and they'll let him do it, who makes a mockery of the sanctified institution of marriage, AND who has supported legalized abortion right up until it served him to pretend he doesn't because he wanted to run as a Republican...

    ...THAT is the guy that was in with "religious" people right off the bat?

    No. That is the guy who was in with stupid people right off the bat. Trump could have been a child molester and still enjoyed your support because you will rationalize anything in order to keep sucking on that Republican kool-aid.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  5. #65
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    I personally know at least 3 people who were told they needed surgery by back surgeons for ruptured disks, who opted not to have surgery and the condition was resolved naturally. PT is sometimes all that is really needed.

    You claim to know what God does to people? You explain to us God's intentions?

    That's insane.
    How long did it take your friends for their backs to heal? Months or even years? Mine was healed in seconds. The next day I was out building rockeries by hand with 200 pound rocks. I continued to due landscaping for the next ten years without a back problem and still don't have one to this day

  6. #66
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    So the fact that Trump is a known womanizer who divorces his "wives" when he wants a newer model, who says that because he's a star he can grab women by the pussy and they'll let him do it, who makes a mockery of the sanctified institution of marriage, AND who has supported legalized abortion right up until it served him to pretend he doesn't because he wanted to run as a Republican...

    ...THAT is the guy that was in with "religious" people right off the bat?

    No. That is the guy who was in with stupid people right off the bat. Trump could have been a child molester and still enjoyed your support because you will rationalize anything in order to keep sucking on that Republican kool-aid.
    Hillary burned all her bridges with Independents and that is what did her in. To much baggage to become President, she did herself in with her email scandal. Trump isn't a saint, but better then Hillary by far. Should have stuck with Bernie Sanders he was a better candidate.

  7. #67
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    39,021
    Thanks
    30449

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Why do you seem to have this "thing" about posting stuff that has nothing to do with the actual topic???
    Thanks from GordonGecko

  8. #68
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,836
    Thanks
    4660

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Why? So you can brow-beat them into fearful submission to your religion?
    Oh I'm sure that's what he wants.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,836
    Thanks
    4660

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    How long did it take your friends for their backs to heal? Months or even years? Mine was healed in seconds. The next day I was out building rockeries by hand with 200 pound rocks. I continued to due landscaping for the next ten years without a back problem and still don't have one to this day
    So a supernatural puppet master came out of the clouds and magically healed you? Do you have that on video?

    In science, you propose a hypothesis and then you must replicate it. I refuted your hypothesis about prayer that heals by citing all of the numerous babies that died violent deaths when their parents prayed for them instead of getting them medical attention.

    You make the same Texas Sharpshooter fallacies where you start with your preordained ideology and conduct research around it.

  10. #70
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,645
    Thanks
    6593

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    At the very least, it demonstrates a shift away from theism. Now, if you want to argue that these young people still harbour deistic beliefs in some nebulous "higher power", okay. I might agree there. However, the hold that organised, theistic religion has on culture is certainly being lost in the US.
    I don't have to argue anything, it was central to your own link and if you had read it with an open mind, you would have arived at the same conclusion.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 21st February 2016, 09:34 AM
  2. 7 States Where Americans Are Moving - Texas is #2
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27th November 2015, 03:34 PM
  3. Texas Gov. Rick Perry: Americans have no right to freedom from religion
    By aboutenough in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 22nd June 2013, 05:27 AM
  4. Less-Educated Americans Turning Their Backs on Religion
    By Christopher in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13th September 2011, 08:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed