Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1353
Thanks Tree224Thanks

Thread: Why doesn’t FFRF go after Muslims?

  1. #501
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,023
    Thanks
    22531

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You disagree with Jeremiah.
    No, I do not. I disagree with YOU. Stop lying and trolling.

    Internet troll 3.jpegTroll spray.jpg

  2. #502
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,023
    Thanks
    22531

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Jesus knew your laws better then you do, he was a Jew.
    Jesus advocated abolishing those laws - something the moshiach would not do. In fact, that is the opposite of what the moshiach is supposed to do, which is to bring all Jews into Torah observance. See Yechezkel 37:24; Devarim 30:8,10; Yirmiyahu 31:32; Yechezkel 11:20, 36:27.

  3. #503
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40,826
    Thanks
    25469

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Like I said, "Never Happened". In a Gay wedding it will always happen in a variety of ways that are unpredictable.
    I've only been to about six weddings. I've seen one wedding with two best men. And one wedding officiated by two religious officials; one Protestant, and one Catholic. So I can't imagine that having to go off-script is particularly rare.

  4. #504
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    In other words, anyone who doesn't interfere when the state allows gay couples to be married is sinning?
    When your religion says Homosexual activities are a sin, yet you fight for the rights of those people to sin, there is contradiction in values here. Those laws were changed by activism by gays and judges. The state or government had nothing to do with it. It was one of those ideas where social justice is decided by popularity. I'm sure you know all about that.

  5. #505
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    If I had a dime for every time I exposed your logical fallacies and/or factual inaccuracies and/or cognitive deceptions I'd be richer than Bill Gates.
    If i had a dime for every time for every time you tried to make an argument concerning the Bible, I would be rich, because you never have read the scriptures and have no argument whatsoever .

  6. #506
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    That's not how logic works, troll. As the naysayer, I don't have to prove a negative. As a yay-sayer, you have to prove a positive. You have no evidence that Christ rose from the dead. In fact, there's no way that event can be proven.



    This isn't quite an Appeal to Popularity fallacy....it's actually Weasel words. You're quoting anonymous people who haven't ended up "finding the truth." They're people who believe in Christ's resurrection. That's why another term for Weasel Words is Anonymous Authority.

    Weasel words (also known as anonymous authority) denote the use of ambigous words and phrases intended to create the false impression that a vague or meaningless statement is, to the contrary, both specific and informative. In a sense, weasel words basically amount to an obscured appeal to authority in which the identity of the very authority being appealed to isn't even made clear by the appealer.

    While weasel words may seem authoritative in their apparent support of a given point (or product), a closer look reveals that weasel words provide no actual strength to an argument whatsoever — ironically, when properly identified, even weakening any argument of which they were a part.

    The allure of using weasel words lie in the possibility that they go undetected as such, thus allowing them to fallaciously lend the pretense of depth to the vaguaries in question. As such, weasel words can be employed strategically (in order to deceive outright) via attempting to obfuscate the otherwise apparent burden of proof which rests on a given speaker — expertly, with plausible deniability of the very presence of said weasel words left intact.


    That third paragraph about the allure of weasel words is especially true for you.

    Why do you think I'm so gullible? Using your fallacious arguments, you may be able to scam poor, uneducated fools into joining your cult, but you can't do that with me.
    I have the testimonies of at least a dozen people that saw Christ Risen. You have nothing to disprove that but an opinion. Not logical at all. Its up to you to disprove by witnesses. Its like a court case where I present my evidence and you have to counter it. Jews that were hostile towards Jesus admitted the tomb was empty. The Empty Tomb

    To begin, what is the evidence that the tomb in which Jesus was buried was discovered empty by a group of women on the Sunday following the crucifixion?

    First, the resurrection was preached in the same city where Jesus had been buried shortly before. Jesus' disciples did not go to some obscure place where no one had heard of Jesus to begin preaching about the resurrection, but instead began preaching in Jerusalem, the very city where Jesus had died and been buried. They could not have done this if Jesus was still in his tomb--no one would have believed them. No one would be foolish enough to believe a man had raised from the dead when his body lay dead in the tomb for all to see. As Paul Althaus writes, the resurrection proclamation "could not have been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact for all concerned."

    Second, the earliest Jewish arguments against Christianity admit the empty tomb. In Matthew 28:11-15, there is a reference made to the Jew's attempt to refute Christianity be saying that the disciples stole the body. This is significant because it shows that the Jews did not deny the empty tomb. Instead, their "stolen body" theory admitted the significant truth that the tomb was in fact empty. The Toledoth Jesu, a compilation of early Jewish writings, is another source acknowledging this. It acknowledges that the tomb was empty, and attempts to explain it away. Further, we have a record of a second century debate between a Christian and a Jew, in which a reference is made to the fact that the Jews claim the body was stolen. So it is pretty well established that the early Jews admitted the empty tomb.

    Why is this important? Remember that the Jewish leaders were opposed to Christianity. They were hostile witnesses. In acknowledging the empty tomb, they were admitting the reality of a fact that was certainly not in their favor. So why would they admit that the tomb was empty unless the evidence was too strong to be denied? Dr. Paul Maier calls this "positive evidence from a hostile source. In essence, if a source admits a fact that is decidedly not in its favor, the fact is genuine." Historical Evidence for the Resurrection | Desiring God

    The New Testament witnesses were fully aware of the background against which the resurrection took place. The body of Jesus, in accordance with Jewish burial custom, was wrapped in a linen cloth. About 100 pounds of aromatic spices, mixed together to form a gummy substance, were applied to the wrappings of cloth about the body. After the body was placed in a solid rock tomb, an extremely large stone was rolled against the entrance of the tomb. Large stones weighing approximately two tons were normally rolled (by means of levers) against a tomb entrance.
    A Roman guard of strictly disciplined fighting men was stationed to guard the tomb. This guard affixed on the tomb the Roman seal, which was meant to "prevent any attempt at vandalizing the sepulcher. Anyone trying to move the stone from the tomb's entrance would have broken the seal and thus incurred the wrath of Roman law http://www.bible.ca/d-resurrection-e...h-McDowell.htm
    Last edited by aboutenough; 16th August 2017 at 07:13 PM.

  7. #507
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    No, it is not. I do not need to advocate for a behavior in order to accord equal rights. Protecting free speech for Nazis does not mean one advocates for what they believe, either.
    so you would advocate for Nazi's that murdered Jews. That's even more hypocritical. Have you no conscience at all?

  8. #508
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Excellent. It is about time you agreed with the obvious - truth is not established by popular opinion. Now that we are agreed on that, you can abandon that stupid argument of yours.


    On the contrary, nothing has been discovered to show your Jesus was the moshiach - and there is plenty of evidence he was not, much as you ignore those facts.
    There is so much overwhelming evidence the only ones that don't believe is a few lingering Jews and Atheist.

  9. #509
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    No, I do not. I disagree with YOU. Stop lying and trolling.

    Internet troll 3.jpegTroll spray.jpg
    No This


    Jeremiah 31:31-34English Standard Version (ESV)

    The New Covenant Jeremiah 31
    31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

  10. #510
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,046
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Jesus advocated abolishing those laws - something the moshiach would not do. In fact, that is the opposite of what the moshiach is supposed to do, which is to bring all Jews into Torah observance. See Yechezkel 37:24; Devarim 30:8,10; Yirmiyahu 31:32; Yechezkel 11:20, 36:27.
    If you would read Jeremiah again, I know you hate that prophecy, but it says your people will have the laws written on their hearts. Your people are still not doing that. The law is written in their books, but not in their minds and hearts. Love God with all your heart and Love your neighbor as yourself

Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Islam-pushing prof gets FFRF attention
    By aboutenough in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1379
    Last Post: 4th November 2016, 01:05 PM
  2. FFRF Takes on Orthodox Jews
    By Djinn in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 1st August 2016, 04:38 PM
  3. FFRF, In God We Trust, and an Ethical Question
    By Djinn in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th April 2016, 09:15 AM
  4. How Come Mainstream Media Doesn't Show THESE Muslims?
    By grinder in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th November 2014, 10:51 AM
  5. BREAKING NEWS- FFRF file suit against IRS
    By Loki in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 22nd August 2013, 02:54 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed