Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given t

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    98,122
    Thanks
    4835

    From
    Vancouver
    ^

    If someone says Jesus is just a person then, in that case, he's just a person.

    If someone says he never existed, then in that case he never existed.

    If someone believes in Jesus as Christ then they believe that he is God, incarnate in a human body. So when the body died the spirit did not. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the exact same thing in different forms in this case.

    This is no different than any other story where a God or spirit takes a human form. The human form is a sock. A meat puppet. The God uses it as a temporary vessel. The body dies. Then rises again. Ie. NOT DEAD.
    These are the three options


    There is no one who thinks Jesus was the son of God but also a mortal who died. That's a straw man.
    Last edited by Dr.Knuckles; 31st July 2017 at 04:01 PM.

  2. #52
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,590
    Thanks
    29459

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    ^

    If someone says Jesus is just a person then, in that case, he's just a person.

    If someone says he never existed, then in that case he never existed.

    If someone believes in Jesus as Christ then they believe that he is God, incarnate in a human body. So when the body died the spirit did not. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the exact same thing in different forms in this case.

    There is no one who thinks Jesus was a mortal who died. That's a straw man.
    That whole "spirit" thing is a copout that wormed it's way into Jewish mythology (and the offshoots of Jewish mythology) kind of late. Humans were supposed to be immortal. Living in the afterlife as a spirit is not immortality -- it's just woo. You throw out the true meaning of the concepts of life and death when you create an imaginary third state of being. But then... It doesn't really have to add up. It's only a religious belief.

  3. #53
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,415
    Thanks
    6604

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    In fact, the Jesus of the Bible was Jewish, and if He didn't die, then He couldn't have served as a blood sacrifice. There are two significant logical conundrums associated with the Christian crucifixion myth.

    1. God or not -- if Jesus was without sin, then He was immortal. Full stop. Immortal. AKA: Incapable of dying. For the wages of sin is death. Death was inherited by mankind from the Garden of Eden. Prior to the commission of that original sin, all humans were immortal, just like God himself.

    2. If Jesus did die on the cross, then He was not God, because we know that God is immortal.

    That said, all religions are built upon woo, and woo, by it's very nature, doesn't adhere to the normal rules of logic.
    and the issues with that...

    what sin do babies commit before they die? Shouldn't they too be immortal?

    who says god is immortal? ... they authors of the fictional work named the bible?

  4. #54
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,945
    Thanks
    8815

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    He says of a myth originating in Sumer and Egypt.

    2007-Doc Zone - Pagan Christ 1 of 3 par exprofesso - Dailymotion

    Further.



    Regards
    DL
    I really don't see what that has to do with people naming their sons "Christian". What point are you making? That Gnostic Christians coined the term "Christian" and other people with Christ centered religions are frauds for using the term?

    Where Christianity originated or if Christ ever really existed is irrelevant. The people who believe the story certainly exist. Would it matter if we called them Jesusians instead?

  5. #55
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,415
    Thanks
    6604

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    ^

    If someone says Jesus is just a person then, in that case, he's just a person.

    If someone says he never existed, then in that case he never existed.

    If someone believes in Jesus as Christ then they believe that he is God, incarnate in a human body. So when the body died the spirit did not. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the exact same thing in different forms in this case.

    This is no different than any other story where a God or spirit takes a human form. The human form is a sock. A meat puppet. The God uses it as a temporary vessel. The body dies. Then rises again. Ie. NOT DEAD.
    These are the three options


    There is no one who thinks Jesus was the son of God but also a mortal who died. That's a straw man.

    lol... possession.


    omg i cant stop laughing.

  6. #56
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,590
    Thanks
    29459

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    what sin do babies commit before they die? Shouldn't they too be immortal?
    No. Newborn babies, innocent as they might appear, are born of post-sin humans, so they have lost their gift of immortality. Jesus was not conceived of humans, so He was born without sin.




    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    who says god is immortal? ... they authors of the fictional work named the bible?
    Yes. The people who developed the foundational myth and passed it orally through the generations prior to written language being invented. After that, the various scribes and translators -- all with guidance from the Church Fathers and from God's own Holy Spirit, mind you.

  7. #57
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    Divorce?

    Jesus says that anyone who divorces, except because of immorality, is commitong adultery.

    And that's where all the nimrods start fussing and giving themselves instant lobotomies.

    I would ask you this.

    What did Jesus say should be done to sinners? And adulterers?


    Answer that, then, look again at the first part.

    The first part is a license to be evil for the American Taliban, and a license to hate Christians for many others. But if the way to treat sinners is to show compassion, understand the causes, forgive wholeheartedly, welcome them with love and acceptance..., then what does that thing about divorce mean?

    People just assume the worst.
    It means exactly what I put. An anti-love and immoral policy that forces, women especially, to live in abusive situations.

    Regards
    DL

  8. #58
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    I really don't see what that has to do with people naming their sons "Christian". What point are you making? That Gnostic Christians coined the term "Christian" and other people with Christ centered religions are frauds for using the term?

    Where Christianity originated or if Christ ever really existed is irrelevant. The people who believe the story certainly exist. Would it matter if we called them Jesusians instead?
    It does not have anything to do with naming people.

    I was just showing how the bible is corrupted as it is a consolidation of many other older traditions.

    I was also showing that Christians took their name from the Chrestians and that that word means something other than Christian.



    Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; 1st August 2017 at 04:05 AM.

  9. #59
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,859
    Thanks
    6524

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    How it is spelled or pronounced is not quite relevant to the question of why Jesus is not respected enough to name children after.

    Regards
    DL
    OK, that is pure bullshit. Christians generally do not name their children Jesus, OUT OF respect for how sacred he is -- not because he isn't respected.

    Don't you have anything else better to do? We get it, you hate religion.

  10. #60
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,590
    Thanks
    29459

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    OK, that is pure bullshit. Christians generally do not name their children Jesus, OUT OF respect for how sacred he is -- not because he isn't respected.

    Don't you have anything else better to do? We get it, you hate religion.
    You, on the other hand, are a devout... something?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 06:17 AM
  2. Tests Show ‘Gospel of Jesus’s Wife’ Is Ancient
    By Vortex in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 16th April 2014, 10:31 PM
  3. Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb
    By Malu in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th December 2010, 05:55 AM
  4. Should Mohammad Afzal Be Hanged To Death?
    By Kalp in forum World Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th October 2006, 10:45 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed