Members banned from this thread: Babylon and Kallie Knoetze


Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 282
Thanks Tree124Thanks

Thread: Atheists are the worst people in the world...according to

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,353
    Thanks
    20773

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Ms. Eve,

    When some many people, in so many countries world wide have the same opinion, it must be based on factual observations.

    I'm only saying, when even atheist think their fellow atheists are scum...
    most of the world believes in the invisible man in the sky because they need to. Different invisible men...daddies. When many people in many countries shared the same opinion about Jews I guess it was based on factual observations . When many Christians shared the same opinion about African slaves and their role, it was based on factual on factual observation
    And atheists do not see their fellow atheists as scum...but it must be true because you read it in the internet lol
    Thanks from Eve1

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,353
    Thanks
    20773

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Everybody in the world, including other atheists.

    Atheists naturally assume immoral people are also atheists | Daily Mail Online

    Recent study from 13 countries, when asked what belief system do the worst, most heinous people in the world believe in, "atheism" was the overwhelming answer.
    I do love your source....a rightwing British rag.....it is the equivalent of the trashy New York post or the Drudge Report...they don't even fact check it anymore because it's trash for the rightwing extremists
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    2570

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    most of the world believes in the invisible man in the sky because they need to. Different invisible men...daddies. When many people in many countries shared the same opinion about Jews I guess it was based on factual observations . When many Christians shared the same opinion about African slaves and their role, it was based on factual on factual observation
    And atheists do not see their fellow atheists as scum...but it must be true because you read it in the internet lol
    Ms. Isalexi,

    I understand your bigoted ways, and I forgive, but tell me, how do you explain that people of no faith also think that atheist are scumbags?

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    2570

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    I do love your source....a rightwing British rag.....it is the equivalent of the trashy New York post or the Drudge Report...they don't even fact check it anymore because it's trash for the rightwing extremists
    Poor, poor, poor, Isalexi.

    Are you sure you are a teacher? I mean, a teacher would know how to do her homework and back up sources before making such foolish, ill informed statements.

    https://phys.org/news/2017-08-atheis...al-fellow.html

    I'd say don't quit your day job, but if your day job is teaching, well....
    Last edited by Kallie Knoetze; 9th August 2017 at 04:27 PM.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    2570

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    I nominate this for stupidest post of the day...thank goodness you don't overgeneralize. That is a known propaganda ploy. Let's gas atheists...we can ask Christians how they did it so well
    Ms. Isalexi,

    Strawman: an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

    Red Herring: something intended to divert attention from the real problem or matter at hand; a misleading clue.

    Both those apply to Ms. Eve's debate.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,147
    Thanks
    4747

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Everybody in the world, including other atheists.

    Atheists naturally assume immoral people are also atheists | Daily Mail Online

    Recent study from 13 countries, when asked what belief system do the worst, most heinous people in the world believe in, "atheism" was the overwhelming answer.
    If you actually read that article, the studies it cites are only measures of what people believe about atheists. Believing something is not the same as knowing it.

    In other words, it is not based on any reliable evidence discovered about atheists. It only says people have prejudicial, shit-brained, ignorant views about atheists. That is neither surprising nor newsworthy.

    Your exclusive goal in starting this thread: to libel atheists. You have made the same Texas Sharpshooter fallacy that other forum members frequently do. You started with a preconceived, prejudicial conclusion and conducted research around it. To research correctly, you must start with nothing, gather data and see what possible conclusions can be drawn.

    Let's not forget Al Qaeda, the Dominionist movement, Ku Klux Klan, and the occult political religion of Nazism. They were all atheists, too. N'yuck n'yuck n'yuck.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  7. #57
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,308
    Thanks
    9983

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Ms. Eve,

    I don't respond to red herring nor straw man arguments.

    The point of this discussion is no matter how bad you think people of faith are, atheists are worse.
    Perhaps but, mostly you just make them.

  8. #58
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1499

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. chaos,

    Prison is a secular institution.
    The courts make you swear on a bible. The entire institution is designed after the Catholic church. If you are a white christian you have a very good chance of being fined and put on probation. If you are wealthy, you have a very good chance of having your case thrown out of court.

    But if you are a non-white heathen, then you will be sentenced to hard labor.

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,147
    Thanks
    4747

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Poor, poor, poor, Isalexi.

    Are you sure you are a teacher? I mean, a teacher would know how to do her homework and back up sources before making such foolish, ill informed statements.

    https://phys.org/news/2017-08-atheis...al-fellow.html

    I'd say don't quit your day job, but if your day job is teaching, well....
    From your link:

    A unusual social study has revealed that atheists are more easily suspected of vile deeds than Christians, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists—strikingly, even by fellow atheists, researchers said Monday.

    That doesn't mean atheists actually commit more vile deeds than theists do, however. You make a consistent Appeal to Popularity fallacy where you assume that something must be true just because a lot of people believe it to be true.

    Like I said earlier, you're conducting research around a preconceived prejudice you have in order to crap on atheists. Show me some evidence that proves atheists in all reality commit more vile deeds that theists do. You will have to address all the Al-Qaeda terrorist attacks, the Vatican pedophile scandal, the religious violence between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland, and much more. American atheists never do anything that bad.

    Also from your link:

    Participants were given a description of a fictional evildoer who tortured animals as a child, then grows up to become a teacher who murders and mutilates five homeless people.

    It's actually the Satanists who torture and kill animals. They sacrifice the animal to, you know, the dark lord, aka the red guy, goat-footed fellow, prince of darkness, etc. Regardless of his name, atheists don't believe in Satan. It was the Christians who made him up.

    Name one atheist who actually tortured animals as a child, then grew up to be a teacher who murdered and mutilated homeless people.
    Thanks from chaos

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,147
    Thanks
    4747

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    It means atheists are the worst people on earth. Did you not read the top post?
    So just because a lot of people hold the opinion that atheists are the worst people on Earth, therefore they actually in reality are the worst people on Earth?

    Opinions are not facts.

    Argumentum ad populum - RationalWiki
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ebola could cleanse US of atheists, gay people, and sluts
    By Inkslinger in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 6th October 2014, 10:39 AM
  2. Replies: 252
    Last Post: 21st August 2013, 02:21 AM
  3. The world's worst economies
    By meridian5455 in forum Economics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th August 2012, 05:01 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed