Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71
Thanks Tree39Thanks

Thread: Mega Celebrity Pastor Joel Osteen Gets Called Out On Twitter Re: Harvey

  1. #61
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83,708
    Thanks
    58466

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Somebody just posted pictures and comments saying Osteens' church basements are not flooded so what exactly are you talking about? Apparently the building has undergound parking and they too are free of water. You maybe should not take anything coming from Osteen as truthful if that's were you heard his church's basement is flooded because again there are pictures from today showing the church has been spared any flooding.

    Here is another thread, it seems Osteen was shamed into opening his church to victims after being shamed into it. No basement flooding in that church, told you!!

    JOEL OSTEEN opened his church after closing it to refugees--after being SHAMED
    Good for him. Everyone should help if possible.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12,553
    Thanks
    8259

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Good for him. Everyone should help if possible.
    Yeah but too bad he had to shamed into doing the Christian thing. This guy is a Pastor?
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #63
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83,708
    Thanks
    58466

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Yeah but too bad he had to shamed into doing the Christian thing. This guy is a Pastor?
    Oh, yeah... but in the end he did the right thing so I'm not going to pile on.
    Thanks from Jets

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,032
    Thanks
    23110

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    News Flash for the uninformed: LOTS of TV preachers are wealthy.
    "Tv preachers are to religion what tv wrestling is to sports."
    Thanks from Friday13, StanStill and Dangermouse

  5. #65
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    30,115
    Thanks
    25636

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    "Tv preachers are to religion what tv wrestling is to sports."
    That is a put-down to TV wrestlers. At least they are up front that they are entertainers.

  6. #66
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19,833
    Thanks
    7379

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Oh, yeah... but in the end he did the right thing so I'm not going to pile on.
    Agreed. I'm still disappointed, but there is no need to dogpile him.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    18,899
    Thanks
    5261

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Agreed. I'm still disappointed, but there is no need to dogpile him.
    Yep, if he's doing the right thing now, then good for him.

    If he had to be shamed into doing it, then bad for him, because he shoulda been out front.

    But no matter why, if he's doing good, then kudos to him.

    Plus, he may use this to his advantage and raise even MORE money...
    Thanks from Jets

  8. #68
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    20,516
    Thanks
    18282

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    His pastoral skills seem shaky too.


  9. #69
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    312
    Thanks
    46

    From
    In a state of nature
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    And they're all sleazy.
    The worst televangelist makes the average Hollywood "celebrity" look like the Virgin Mary in comparison.

    Wonder if Beyonce or Jay-Z or any "celebrities" in the area who make bad pop music promoting sex and violence to children opened their mansions to any of the hurricane victims or did anything other than the bare minimum? Lmao

    Plus, given what looters did to the stadiums after Hurricane Katrina, you can't blame anyone for being cautious about letting complete strangers onto their private property.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    20,884
    Thanks
    17788

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    The worst televangelist makes the average Hollywood "celebrity" look like the Virgin Mary in comparison.

    Wonder if Beyonce or Jay-Z or any "celebrities" in the area who make bad pop music promoting sex and violence to children opened their mansions to any of the hurricane victims or did anything other than the bare minimum? Lmao

    Plus, given what looters did to the stadiums after Hurricane Katrina, you can't blame anyone for being cautious about letting complete strangers onto their private property.
    beyonce donated 7 million

    And foundation is teaming up with REAL relief organizations, not this fake ass church


    https://www.forbes.com/sites/adrienn.../#21d76b6680e9

    Osteen held service for the evacuees and passed around the tithe plate..... to the evacuees......,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNbLl14kjms


    How much of that money will "CAYMAN and GONE"??????

    Osteen runs a tax shelter, not a shelter for those in need.

    He's a fucking sham.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th February 2017, 01:26 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10th November 2015, 07:41 PM
  3. Joel Osteen
    By Babylon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 6th February 2009, 09:52 PM
  4. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 4th October 2007, 12:50 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed