Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 461
Thanks Tree70Thanks

Thread: A brif History of (Christian) God

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,074
    Thanks
    4248

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You would wager wrong:



    However, this thread isn't about the stupidity that is Islam. It is about the stupidity that is Christianity. As I said, the only religion that traces its roots to that particular mythological god that I don't feel the need to go after is Judaism. That's because Judaism doesn't try to inject itself into my life.
    You then are one of the few who will trash Christianity as well as Islam. Many, likely atheists will slam the one and vigorously defend the other. Many long debates have occurred here.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,074
    Thanks
    4248

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You would wager wrong:



    However, this thread isn't about the stupidity that is Islam. It is about the stupidity that is Christianity. As I said, the only religion that traces its roots to that particular mythological god that I don't feel the need to go after is Judaism. That's because Judaism doesn't try to inject itself into my life.
    You then are one of the few who will trash Christianity as well as Islam. Many, likely atheists will slam the one and vigorously defend the other. Many long debates have occurred here.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    You then are one of the few who will trash Christianity as well as Islam. Many, likely atheists will slam the one and vigorously defend the other. Many long debates have occurred here.
    Nope. The only religion that grew out of that base that I pretty much leave alone is Judaism. That's because, unlike Christians, and Muslims, Jews aren't always trying to , either through violence (Muslims), or legal means (Christians), inject themselves into my personal life. Once the Christians start taking their cues from the Jews, I'll start leaving them alone, too.

  4. #24
    Member allegoricalfact's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,128
    Thanks
    534

    From
    the Sussex Downs
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    1. Creates evil (Isiah)
    2. Creates Adam and Eve (Genesis)
    3. Populate the world through Incest (Adam, Eve, Caine and Abel the only humans on Earth - you do the math)
    4. Surprised the evil (he created) exists
    5. Clueless about how to deal with evil.
    6. Drowns the entire planet, save for one small family of very, very skilled ship builders
    7. Repopulates the world through incest (Again, only Noah, his wife, his three kids, and their wives to procreate - you do the math)
    8. Surprised evil exists...again.
    9. Send plagues, diseases, starvation, plagues, tsunamis, etc.
    10. Still bewildered by the evil
    11. Blames Satan (whom he created).
    12. Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil.
    13. Says, "Just KIDDING!" three days later, and brings his son back to life (Soooo...a sacrifice of nothing?)
    14. Claims omniscience, and omnipotence.
    15. Expects to be worshipped for his wisdom.


    Yup. That is the God that Christians worship. And they wonder why there are those of us who find it difficult to take them seriously?
    Christianity is our old philosophies made literal - Islam was an intellectual/philosophical answer to literal Christianity, turned literal. Unless we understand the Mysteries/Philosophies and their sophisticated structures we cannot even begin to understand Christianity. It is though, our collective spirituality - however lacking, bereft and mean it is - it is all we have until we educate ourselves to the Mystery of it all. And if we do not work within the structure of Christianity - you will not like that which will replace it - it is a false religion, they all are Christianity Islam and Judaism - but people need a spiritual structure and will take another if this one fails. Beware ---------------

    ps Christ's story is the same as Dionysus - Christ is a mixture of man-gods - he is Jesus, Mithras and Dionysus without Jesus Goddess Sophia, the lamp to light our way. The man - god is us and the aim is to find the 'Christ ' in us.
    Last edited by allegoricalfact; 16th September 2017 at 02:05 AM.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by allegoricalfact View Post
    Christianity is our old philosophies made literal - Islam was an intellectual/philosophical answer to literal Christianity, turned literal. Unless we understand the Mysteries/Philosophies and their sophisticated structures we cannot even begin to understand Christianity. It is though, our collective spirituality - however lacking, bereft and mean it is - it is all we have until we educate ourselves to the Mystery of it all. And if we do not work within the structure of Christianity - you will not like that which will replace it - it is a false religion, they all are Christianity Islam and Judaism - but people need a spiritual structure and will take another if this one fails. Beware ---------------

    ps Christ's story is the same as Dionysus - Christ is a mixture of man-gods - he is Jesus, Mithras and Dionysus without Jesus Goddess Sophia, the lamp to light our way. The man - god is us and the aim is to find the 'Christ ' in us.
    Or we can just start using our reason, and intelligence, and finally realise that "God" is a myth, and stop letting imaginary supermen dictate how we live our lives. Just a thought...
    Thanks from Blues63

  6. #26
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    1263

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You would wager wrong:



    However, this thread isn't about the stupidity that is Islam. It is about the stupidity that is Christianity. As I said, the only religion that traces its roots to that particular mythological god that I don't feel the need to go after is Judaism. That's because Judaism doesn't try to inject itself into my life.
    Islam does have some redeeming qualities as does Christianity. If you are in Cairo or Jeddah and you hear the call to prayers over the loud speakers it is a sound you will never forget. The Vatican is the most incredible piece of property on the planet IMHO. I still cannot stand religion but I do admire some of the culture and traditions of religion.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Islam does have some redeeming qualities as does Christianity. If you are in Cairo or Jeddah and you hear the call to prayers over the loud speakers it is a sound you will never forget. The Vatican is the most incredible piece of property on the planet IMHO. I still cannot stand religion but I do admire some of the culture and traditions of religion.
    I would never suggest that religions of the world have have not contributed to society culturally. My issue is that Christians - particularly Evangelical Christians - and Muslims, typically, want to impose their religions on others whether they want it, or not.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Isalexi

  8. #28
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,783
    Thanks
    2799

    From
    Washington state
    That's the Jewish God according to Jews. Why don't you direct this towards them?

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    That's the Jewish God according to Jews. Why don't you direct this towards them?
    Sorry. You don't get to insist that the Old Testament is relative to your religion, and that "the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament", and then try to divorce yourself from everything that God did in the Old Testament. If you own any of it, then you own all of it.

    You've tried that argument before. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now. So, unless you are willing to divorce yourself from everything in the Old Testament, then your argument fails.
    Last edited by Czernobog; 27th September 2017 at 11:02 AM.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,074
    Thanks
    4248

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    ...and you'll notice none of the religionists are denying this...
    Is anyone supposed to care about your thoughts?

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 26th July 2016, 08:04 PM
  2. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 17th February 2014, 06:43 PM
  3. major discovery of Christian history
    By Divine Wind in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st April 2011, 03:20 AM
  4. Re-writing History With The Christian Right and the GOP
    By Spooky in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th January 2011, 06:32 AM
  5. Christian Politicians Should Start Acting Christian
    By Gypsy in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th September 2010, 05:55 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed