Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 461
Thanks Tree70Thanks

Thread: A brif History of (Christian) God

  1. #41
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,783
    Thanks
    2799

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    That statement right there, means that you accept that it is your God that did all of those things you keep trying to divorce yourself from. And I have nailed the Jews down. See, here is the difference between you, and the resident Jew. You have this code of "Do unto others, blah, blah, blah," So your religion's ethics does not make room for choosing to commit retributive genocide.

    Jews on the other hand still operate under the "Eye for an eye" thing. So, if an enemy is threatening them with genocide, they are perfectly justified, within the confines of their laws, to repay that enemy in kind, as is God under their ethos. You do not have that same justification available to you. so, you have to find a way to reconcile a God of Genocide with your message of peace, love, and forgiveness. And simply trying to divorce yourself from the genocide doesn't work, so long as you lay claim to the same God.
    A brif History of (Christian) God
    Creates evil (Isiah)
    Creates Adam and Eve (Genesis)
    Populate the world through Incest (Adam, Eve, Caine and Abel the only humans on Earth - you do the math)
    Surprised the evil (he created) exists
    Clueless about how to deal with evil.
    Drowns the entire planet, save for one small family of very, very skilled ship builders
    Repopulates the world through incest (Again, only Noah, his wife, his three kids, and their wives to procreate - you do the math)
    Surprised evil exists...again.
    Send plagues, diseases, starvation, plagues, tsunamis, etc.
    Still bewildered by the evil
    Blames Satan (whom he created).
    Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil.
    Says, "Just KIDDING!" three days later, and brings his son back to life (Soooo...a sacrifice of nothing?)
    Claims omniscience, and omnipotence.
    Expects to be worshipped for his wisdom.

    Ok, tough guy lets go thru each one of your charges line by line. You said God created Evil (Isaiah) , “I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known me; that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, who does all these things” (Isa. 45:5-7) Yes he created Evil and he created Good and he gave humans the ability to choose between good and evil. I won't tell you why, you will have to figure that out. Hint: Character

    He Created Adam and Eve with the purpose of populating the world. Your comment on that is ridiculous , they had to interbreed to reproduce.
    Evil is Sin and God gave us the answers on how to deal with sin
    Mankind embraces sin and doesn't follow God, so he floods the entire earth to start over again. Point is , listen to God the first time.
    Man embraces sin again and God provides the Redeemer to solve the problem once and for all.
    I have been here almost ten years and this is the dumbest thread of all time. I would bet Ian agrees with me.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    A brif History of (Christian) God
    Creates evil (Isiah)
    Creates Adam and Eve (Genesis)
    Populate the world through Incest (Adam, Eve, Caine and Abel the only humans on Earth - you do the math)
    Surprised the evil (he created) exists
    Clueless about how to deal with evil.
    Drowns the entire planet, save for one small family of very, very skilled ship builders
    Repopulates the world through incest (Again, only Noah, his wife, his three kids, and their wives to procreate - you do the math)
    Surprised evil exists...again.
    Send plagues, diseases, starvation, plagues, tsunamis, etc.
    Still bewildered by the evil
    Blames Satan (whom he created).
    Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil.
    Says, "Just KIDDING!" three days later, and brings his son back to life (Soooo...a sacrifice of nothing?)
    Claims omniscience, and omnipotence.
    Expects to be worshipped for his wisdom.

    Ok, tough guy lets go thru each one of your charges line by line. You said God created Evil (Isaiah) , “I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known me; that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, who does all these things” (Isa. 45:5-7) Yes he created Evil and he created Good and he gave humans the ability to choose between good and evil. I won't tell you why, you will have to figure that out. Hint: Character
    Thanks. It's always nice when a Christian confirms that what I said was 100% accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    He Created Adam and Eve with the purpose of populating the world. Your comment on that is ridiculous , they had to interbreed to reproduce.
    I'm confused. Since you just said they did exactly what I said they did - "...they had to interbreed to reproduce," What do you think interbreeding is? It's incest - then why are you insisting that my observation is "ridiculous"?

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Evil is Sin and God gave us the answers on how to deal with sin
    Mankind embraces sin and doesn't follow God, so he floods the entire earth to start over again. Point is , listen to God the first time.
    Man embraces sin again and God provides the Redeemer to solve the problem once and for all.
    I have been here almost ten years and this is the dumbest thread of all time. I would bet Ian agrees with me.
    And you again, just confirmed that everything happened just as I said it did. You are just trying to insert words from your religion to make it sound more noble than it was.
    Thanks from Blues63

  3. #43
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,783
    Thanks
    2799

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Thanks. It's always nice when a Christian confirms that what I said was 100% accurate.


    I'm confused. Since you just said they did exactly what I said they did - "...they had to interbreed to reproduce," What do you think interbreeding is? It's incest - then why are you insisting that my observation is "ridiculous"?



    And you again, just confirmed that everything happened just as I said it did. You are just trying to insert words from your religion to make it sound more noble than it was.
    You have lost your case, Christ overcame sin for us.. God is not bad as you portray him.j

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You have lost your case, Christ overcame sin for us.. God is not bad as you portray him.j
    He's worse than I portray him. He drown the entire world. He commanded the genocide of an entire race of people not once, but on three separate occasions, he killed all of the first born of a nation just to prove he could. Dude. If his character was written into a movie script, he. Would. Be. the. Villain! He would be the evil overlord that the hero is sent to kill for the good of his people.

    As far as "Christ overcoming our sins", well that is certainly the propaganda.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,783
    Thanks
    2799

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    He's worse than I portray him. He drown the entire world. He commanded the genocide of an entire race of people not once, but on three separate occasions, he killed all of the first born of a nation just to prove he could. Dude. If his character was written into a movie script, he. Would. Be. the. Villain! He would be the evil overlord that the hero is sent to kill for the good of his people.

    As far as "Christ overcoming our sins", well that is certainly the propaganda.
    The Moral of the story is Honor God , if you do your life will go well. Dishonor God and expect problems like the flood. Noah and his family were the only ones honoring God at that time, so God ended it all for those people and started over again. Fortunately there is lots of people honoring God these days, but there is a movement dishonoring God (such as you are doing) that is building. Your other point about God wiping out a people, those were the enemies of the Jews similar to what Isis is to us today. Let any survive and they come back killing people again, so they were to wipe them out altogether.

  6. #46
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The Moral of the story is Honor God , if you do your life will go well. Dishonor God and expect problems like the flood. Noah and his family were the only ones honoring God at that time, so God ended it all for those people and started over again. Fortunately there is lots of people honoring God these days, but there is a movement dishonoring God (such as you are doing) that is building. Your other point about God wiping out a people, those were the enemies of the Jews similar to what Isis is to us today. Let any survive and they come back killing people again, so they were to wipe them out altogether.
    Nope. You don't get to compare a entire race to a terrorist organisation. The only way your analogy would work would be if you are suggesting that we should kill every living Arab, including women and children, because ISIS is "bad". Are you advocating that?

  7. #47
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,783
    Thanks
    2799

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Nope. You don't get to compare a entire race to a terrorist organisation. The only way your analogy would work would be if you are suggesting that we should kill every living Arab, including women and children, because ISIS is "bad". Are you advocating that?
    I am all for wiping out Isis. Its either us or them. Are you having a bleeding heart for Isis ?

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I am all for wiping out Isis. Its either us or them. Are you having a bleeding heart for Isis ?
    That's not what I asked, is it? Do you endorse wiping out the entire Arab race for the actions of ISIS?
    Thanks from Blues63

  9. #49
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,843
    Thanks
    17364

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The Moral of the story is Honor God , if you do your life will go well. Dishonor God and expect problems like the flood.
    Spoken like every totalitarian despot ever. Thanks for making my point that your God is the villain.

  10. #50
    New Member WisconsinCheeseNip's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    772
    Thanks
    133

    From
    USA
    The Bible basically says man is evil, and that God punishes people accordingly,

    whereas Bhuddism basically says man is good and thru meditation, man can get back to his truer nature, his original mind.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 26th July 2016, 08:04 PM
  2. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 17th February 2014, 06:43 PM
  3. major discovery of Christian history
    By Divine Wind in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st April 2011, 03:20 AM
  4. Re-writing History With The Christian Right and the GOP
    By Spooky in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th January 2011, 06:32 AM
  5. Christian Politicians Should Start Acting Christian
    By Gypsy in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th September 2010, 05:55 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed