Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Chris

  1. #21
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    How does the left twist Balaam's experience?
    By telling us the Bible isn't true because there is a talking donkey in it.

    There isn't.

    Its a story about a man going mad hearing a donkey speak.

    That's how they twist it.

    Then they talk about unicorns and every reasonable person knows what that's a reference to.

    But they twist it and call it a fairy tale.

    They don't discuss it rationally at all.

  2. #22
    New Member jet57's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    41

    From
    Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    I like your first.

    Your second is either tongue in cheek or an outright lie.

    Which is it?

    Regards
    DL
    It's a truth.

  3. #23
    New Member jet57's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    41

    From
    Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    By telling us the Bible isn't true because there is a talking donkey in it.

    There isn't.

    Its a story about a man going mad hearing a donkey speak.

    That's how they twist it.

    Then they talk about unicorns and every reasonable person knows what that's a reference to.

    But they twist it and call it a fairy tale.

    They don't discuss it rationally at all.
    One cannot have a rational discussion wherein the other party is dogmatic about that subject. The other party will just not hear your thoughts if "they don't conform to the true religion".

    People who consider it a fairy tale, in my view anyway, haven't looked deep enough into it. People who call it THEE truth and take it more literally than not need to look deeper into it.

    It's got so many contradictions and twists and turns built into it that one really has to take time to examine what it's really trying to say. Did God come to these people and speak in clear English? Not likely; so how much do we think might have been changed over a millennia in the transcriptions? Just a little bit? More like quite a lot I should think.

    Naahh, you gotta take your time with this stuff to on its level.

  4. #24
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    One cannot have a rational discussion wherein the other party is dogmatic about that subject. The other party will just not hear your thoughts if "they don't conform to the true religion".

    People who consider it a fairy tale, in my view anyway, haven't looked deep enough into it. People who call it THEE truth and take it more literally than not need to look deeper into it.

    It's got so many contradictions and twists and turns built into it that one really has to take time to examine what it's really trying to say. Did God come to these people and speak in clear English? Not likely; so how much do we think might have been changed over a millennia in the transcriptions? Just a little bit? More like quite a lot I should think.

    Naahh, you gotta take your time with this stuff to on its level.
    Excellent point.

    The Bible is very clear about a few things, salvation for instance, the rest is a combination of stories and history to provide examples for us, they are not something to necessarily follow literally.

    This is my main problem with Christianity and why I can't attend a church.

    It doesn't matter how the world was created or how its going to end and people focusing on that are missing the point of what we need and should be doing. I am sure God was cryptic in his explanations because we are not supposed to focus on those things.

    It doesn't matter if Jesus walked on water or Jonas got eaten by a whale.

    People focusing on the details are missing the point of the story.

  5. #25
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    It's a truth.
    So you can know something of the supernatural.

    You might want to talk to the religious then because they know nothing, which is what you can know of the supernatural.

    Unless of course you would like to tell us of your conversation with a God. I will wait right here for that.

    Regards
    DL

  6. #26
    Junior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    142

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Excellent point.

    The Bible is very clear about a few things, salvation for instance, the rest is a combination of stories and history to provide examples for us, they are not something to necessarily follow literally.

    This is my main problem with Christianity and why I can't attend a church.

    It doesn't matter how the world was created or how its going to end and people focusing on that are missing the point of what we need and should be doing. I am sure God was cryptic in his explanations because we are not supposed to focus on those things.

    It doesn't matter if Jesus walked on water or Jonas got eaten by a whale.

    People focusing on the details are missing the point of the story.
    I agree that literalists are likely to not understand what the scribes were trying to tell us.

    Regards
    DL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?
    By Gnostic Christian Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14th September 2017, 06:55 AM
  2. Gnostic Gospels
    By Loki in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 17th November 2016, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th August 2016, 07:19 AM
  4. Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?
    By Gnostic Christian Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th April 2016, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed