Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87
Thanks Tree31Thanks

Thread: The right to believe what one wants

  1. #61
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Really? So, now it is your contention that Jesus never actually did the things that the writers of the Gospel say he did? Then how do we know that he actually got back up, after three days? How do you know that wasn't just allegorical?

    He did everything the Bible claims, it is our interpretations that are off.

    And the Bible is filled with metaphors, the problem is you want to take everything literal to mock it.

  2. #62
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    If that part of the bible is not to be taken literally, which parts ARE ?
    And who decides that ?
    What good a book and guide is it, if i can't rely on it, but need some self-declared human expert entity to explain to me which parts are literally, and to be followed by all means, and which ones are just for dramatic effect ?
    The parts that directly relate to what humans are expected to do.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,175
    Thanks
    17059

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    He did everything the Bible claims, it is our interpretations that are off.

    And the Bible is filled with metaphors, the problem is you want to take everything literal to mock it.
    I stand by my observation.

  4. #64
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,690
    Thanks
    5639

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    The parts that directly relate to what humans are expected to do.
    so all the stuff about not eating shellfish, not mixing fabrics... that is all the real deal, genesis and stuff.. not so much ?


    Edit: and did i not see you post in a different thread just today that "we" ( you christians) do not follow the 10 commandments anymore ? But aren't those all directly related to what humans are expected to do ?
    Last edited by NeoVsMatrix; 2nd October 2017 at 02:58 PM.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,349
    Thanks
    20772

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I never said they should teach it.
    It if I tell about it...which is what you want, then Iím teaching it!

  6. #66
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    so all the stuff about not eating shellfish, not mixing fabrics... that is all the real deal, genesis and stuff.. not so much ?


    Edit: and did i not see you post in a different thread just today that "we" ( you christians) do not follow the 10 commandments anymore ? But aren't those all directly related to what humans are expected to do ?
    Correct, we no long follow the old testament, even the parts related to us.

    The relevant parts are repeated in the new testament. There is quite a bit of overlap there.

  7. #67
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    It if I tell about it...which is what you want, then I’m teaching it!
    No you aren't.

    You could tell me Helium 3 may exist on the moon but I know nothing more about it than I did before you told me other than it may exist.

  8. #68
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,690
    Thanks
    5639

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Correct, we no long follow the old testament, even the parts related to us.

    The relevant parts are repeated in the new testament. There is quite a bit of overlap there.
    Oh, so the Old Testament was just fairy tale stories, to lure people in, until the water walker arrived, to give us his stories and the New Testament. Yes sure, that is as scientific as it gets, very solid foundation of your faith.

  9. #69
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49,228
    Thanks
    23188

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Correct, we no long follow the old testament, even the parts related to us.
    Non-Jews never followed the Torah to begin with. Nor were they ever required to. Your statement makes no sense.

  10. #70
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Non-Jews never followed the Torah to begin with. Nor were they ever required to. Your statement makes no sense.
    Correct.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. do you belive that god exists ?
    By hauke in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11th February 2015, 03:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed