Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101
Thanks Tree147Thanks

Thread: Michele Bachmann Offers Her Thoughts On Donald Trump Being A 'Man Of Faith'

  1. #51
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50046

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    Freedom of speech ends at the door of employment or private property. Is there total free speech here? hypocrite.
    There is nothing in the NFL rules that prevents a player from exercising their right to free speech. And, this is a private forum, so the answer is "no." Free speech is not absolute on this site. You really should educate yourself on how the first amendment works. And, the only hypocrite here is you.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  2. #52
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50046

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    That's your opinion. Amazing you would accuse Trump of golfing too much after the previous President. Hypocrite. Have a beautiful day.
    Considering Donnie Doll Hands has spent more time golfing in 9 months than Obama did in 8 years, I actually do have room to talk. You, on the other hand, are probably one of those people who pissed their pants over Obama golfing, even during Katrina, but now have no problem with the current occupier of the White House spending your tax dollars on the golf course.
    Thanks from Babba and EnigmaO01

  3. #53
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    43,970
    Thanks
    25481

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    I wouldn't believe anything reported by the press concerning anyone's conversation with God. Your point about Trump's policies are expressly your personal opinion, unless you can specify that harm to America.
    We don't need the press. We have this little thing called video.



    Trump said he doesn't think he has ever asked God for forgiveness. And this true believer said "I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  4. #54
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,364
    Thanks
    19195

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    I judge by actions I see. He chose Pence for VP. He chose Rabbi Schneider to pray for him.
    He's a double adulterer to his two previous wives. Pence is an extremist who won't be alone with women because he's afraid he'll rape them.

    How did you find out he did those things if not from the lying press?
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 15th October 2017 at 02:17 PM.

  5. #55
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    45

    From
    Chilicothe, Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    There is nothing in the NFL rules that prevents a player from exercising their right to free speech. And, this is a private forum, so the answer is "no." Free speech is not absolute on this site. You really should educate yourself on how the first amendment works. And, the only hypocrite here is you.

    Every player is an employee and subject to the policies of the team just like any other business. Educate yourself, hypocrite.

  6. #56
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    45

    From
    Chilicothe, Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    He's a double adulterer to his two previous wives. Pence is an extremist who won't be alone with women because he's afraid he'll rape them.

    How did you find out he did those things if not from the lying press?
    "Extremist", similar to George Washington and any other American that believes that the Bible is the Word of God.

  7. #57
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50046

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    Every player is an employee and subject to the policies of the team just like any other business. Educate yourself, hypocrite.
    Really? Is that why players are being fired? Oh wait. They aren't. That's because they are exercising their first amendment right and the owners of the NFL can't change their rules mid-stream. I'm sorry that you hate the constitution. Oh and I think you cried about me allegedly flame baiting you earlier in the day. Pro tip: Calling me "hypocrite" in three separate posts is considered flame baiting, too. When you do something you accuse others of, there's a word for that. I think you know what it is. In fact, I'm pretty sure you know.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  8. #58
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    45

    From
    Chilicothe, Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Really? Is that why players are being fired? Oh wait. They aren't. That's because they are exercising their first amendment right and the owners of the NFL can't change their rules mid-stream. I'm sorry that you hate the constitution. Oh and I think you cried about me allegedly flame baiting you earlier in the day. Pro tip: Calling me "hypocrite" in three separate posts is considered flame baiting, too. When you do something you accuse others of, there's a word for that. I think you know what it is. In fact, I'm pretty sure you know.
    The first Amendment doesn't apply to a business. The owners could enforce it if they wanted. They're trying to walk a fine line. The commissioner said players should stand, but that the league wouldn't enforce it. You're the biggest hypocrite and flame baiter on this site and everyone knows it, you hypocrite.

  9. #59
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,949
    Thanks
    45486

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    Every player is an employee and subject to the policies of the team just like any other business. Educate yourself, hypocrite.
    Yep. The teams have the right to fire the players who kneel. But they haven't thus far. And the president probably made it harder for them to because of his big mouth.

    The NFL probably has the right to fire the players (but itís complicated)
    Renato Mariotti, former federal prosecutor, 2007-í16

    If NFL owners decide to fire players who kneel for the anthem, there is very little legal recourse for the players. Perhaps they could argue that this is concerted activity under the National Labor Relations Act, but that would be an uphill battle because this is not directly related to the terms and conditions of their employment.

    That doesnít mean that itís appropriate for the president of the United States to call on private employers to fire people who disagree with him. The First Amendment prevents government entities and officials from harming people based upon the content of their speech. Here, the presidentís words are probably too disconnected from any employment decision by an NFL team for them to be governmental action from a legal perspective.

    This morning, there has been talk about reducing governmental subsidies to teams that supported players who protested. That would be the sort of governmental action that would trigger First Amendment protections.
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/9/2...anthem-protest

  10. #60
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50046

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Allen View Post
    The first Amendment doesn't apply to a business. The owners could enforce it if they wanted. They're trying to walk a fine line. The commissioner said players should stand, but that the league wouldn't enforce it.
    Gee. You're wrong again. You don't understand contract law. I'll act surprised. Okay, I'm done.

    Now, if the owners want to put that clause into a contract that is being renegotiated, then they are free to do so. Unless and until they do, those players who choose to kneel are exercising their 1st Amendment rights.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th November 2016, 10:46 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 22nd June 2016, 06:47 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th December 2015, 06:50 PM
  4. Michele Bachmann
    By Blueneck in forum Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19th July 2012, 11:53 AM
  5. Michele Bachmann
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31st July 2010, 07:15 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed