Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72
Thanks Tree58Thanks

Thread: Trump Bible Leader

  1. #21
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,420
    Thanks
    12587

    From
    aMEEErica
    "Daesh" would be proud.

    Thx
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  2. #22
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Whether Trump is there or not, we need to know when politicians and government employees are taking part in quasi-official Bible studies conducted by those who think that women have no place in politics.

    This should be news. This should remain news, especially as long as the politicians are stupid enough to do it on taxpayer-maintained property. Maybe many will still want to vote for those who marinate in sexist juices. But we need to be able to make an informed choice. And I know sexism isn't the only issue. Other civil rights issues are at play here, and we need to be informed.
    So you want to spy on government employees when they go to church?

    Henry Ford had a whole department who would spy on his employees you know.

    If they found you drinking or smoking you would be denied pay or even fired.

    You want to return to that?

  3. #23
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44,404
    Thanks
    26000

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    "Daesh" would be proud.

    Thx


    Pretty much.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    62,159
    Thanks
    4059

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Whether Trump is there or not, we need to know when politicians and government employees are taking part in quasi-official Bible studies conducted by those who think that women have no place in politics.

    This should be news. This should remain news, especially as long as the politicians are stupid enough to do it on taxpayer-maintained property. Maybe many will still want to vote for those who marinate in sexist juices. But we need to be able to make an informed choice. And I know sexism isn't the only issue. Other civil rights issues are at play here, and we need to be informed.
    It is democrats that keep showing they consider women just a piece a meat meant for their perverted sexual pleasure
    Last edited by ptif219; 3rd December 2017 at 11:36 AM.

  5. #25
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44,404
    Thanks
    26000

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is democrats that keep showing they consider women just a piece a meat meant for their perverted sexual pleasure
    At least they don't say women shouldn't be in politics where they can help make laws for themselves.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #26
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,485
    Thanks
    24626

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is democrats that keep showing they consider women just a piece a meat meant for their perverted sexual pleasure
    You are just lying to yourself to think this is a partisan political issue. You are certainly lying to other people to say so.
    Thanks from knight and HadEnough2

  7. #27
    Official HayJenn fan boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,204
    Thanks
    7415

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You mean the democrat hate for Christians?
    No.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45,290
    Thanks
    32181

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    No.
    Knight, I read your thread about Southern Baptists. Since I recently attended one for 4 years I feel I have the right to give an opinion.

    Welcomed by the Congregation with open arms, getting involved in many of the Social activities, making many friends I began to watch half the Congrgation Leave. New people came in with enthusiasm,full of hope,left after a few weeks. As the harangues and rants about anyone who did not agree with him,had 3 subjects,gays,abortion and love of guns became longer each Sunday all I had was anger at him,leaving Church.

    Then he told us we had to vote against Obama. I tried to hang on because friends kept telling me he would soon be gone.

    Then, I finally decided I could no longer listen. Some said they did not pay any attention because they were liking their various duties in the Church.

    The final straw was a Sermon from Land,comparing Trump to Churchill in,Of all things,the Prayer Chain, I hit the roof,told the woman it was no wonder the Church was shrinking so bad. She apologized, but it was much too late for me.

    The Baptist Convention is one big fight each year. One side moving away from the bigoted,old ways,accepting all. The other side clings to the bigoted,old ways. I made the mistake of going to the wrong Church for the wrong reasons.

    I am now in a Church,that welcomes all. They bring in Pastors and laymen from different denominations,ignoring the different rules and regulations. All one. Caring for each other.
    Last edited by MaryAnne; 8th December 2017 at 12:47 AM.
    Thanks from Thx1138 and Babba

  9. #29
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Knight, I read your thread about Southern Baptists. Since I recently attended one for 4 years I feel I have the right to give an opinion.

    Welcomed by the Congregation with open arms, getting involved in many of the Social activities, making many friends I began to watch half the Congrgation Leave. New people came in with enthusiasm,full of hope,left after a few weeks. As the harangues and rants about anyone who did not agree with him,had 3 subjects,gays,abortion and love of guns became longer each Sunday all I had was anger at him,leaving Church.

    Then he told us we had to vote against Obama. I tried to hang on because friends kept telling me he would soon be gone.

    The,I finally decided I could no longer listen. Some said they did not pay any attention because they were liking their various duties in the Church.

    The final straw was a Sermon from Land,comparing Trump to Churchill in,Of all things,the Prayer change. I hit the roof,told the woman it was no wonder the Church was shrinking so bad. She apologized, but it was much too late for me.

    The Baptist Convention is one big fight each year. One side moving away from the bigoted,old ways,accepting all. The other side clings to the bigoted,old ways. I made the mistake of going to the wrong Church for the wrong reasons.

    I am now in a Church,that welcomes all. They bring in Pastors and laymen from different denominations,ignoring the different rules and regulations. All one. Caring for each other.
    Surprised you lasted for four years.

  10. #30
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,586
    Thanks
    9829

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Attacking Christians holding Bible studies now?

    Wow, that is sad.
    No, were still working on the Child Molester.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Trump Cabinet members attend weekly Bible study
    By Czernobog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2nd August 2017, 07:04 AM
  2. The Satanic Bible vs. the holy bible
    By knight in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 26th March 2016, 08:07 AM
  3. At 23% Trump is again the GOP leader.
    By goldendog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th November 2015, 08:55 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th July 2014, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed